GOP Candidates

Too many to count. If I didn't, I would not have posted it. But I will give an honorable mention to Sharron Angle:

"We needed to have the press be our friend ... (and) ask the questions we want to answer so that they report the news the way we want it to be reported."
[Fox News, 08/02/10]

Now could you provide the quote in context and include the parts of it you left out?

Exactly which of the quotes do you find so absurd?

Too many to count. If I didn't, I would not have posted it. But I will give an honorable mention to Sharron Angle:

"We needed to have the press be our friend ... (and) ask the questions we want to answer so that they report the news the way we want it to be reported."
[Fox News, 08/02/10]

Now could you provide the quote in context and include the parts of it you left out?
and interesting how the DNC didnt include a link to the full context of it

how breitbart of them
LOL

Sorry I watched the video and haha, near every time he talks about stuff I’m left thinking wow, I like him more.

I mean, a politician saying “I believe in god but that should have nothing to do with running for president and politics.” To say that “if god were important for politics I wouldn’t be running for public office.”
I doubt even Obama would say something like that, and many in his crowd would love it.

[Fox News, 08/02/10]

and interesting how the DNC didnt include a link to the full context of it

how breitbart of them
LOL

What's funny is they don't even hide the fact that they've altered it.

Excuse me, 'yall...

I found this on the floor in the lobby...Who does it belong to?

obamaRaceCard.jpg

How about you just give me a current example of institutionalized racism? Generalized finger pointing and or stats collected by groups and organizations wanting to "see" institutionalized racism is not proof of anything.
LOL!!! To be expected from you, wanting further and further proof, looking for a higher and higher standard of proof until its no longer feasible. "Unless you can show me a Catholic priest raping a boy on the pulpit, I refuse to believe that this sort of thing happens." That's essentially what you're doing. I expected this. I'm not surprised.

See I believe that poverty is really the issue with regards to opportunities now, not race. I agree that prior to the civil rights bill that this issue affected non- whites to a larger extent per capita than whites, because of both institutionalized racism combined with poverty.
Does history factor in to any of your calculations? Or no?

The racial quotient is absent from institutions, but the poverty part of the equation is still in play. Bad neighborhoods have now replaced institutionalized racism as the reasons for handicaps to success. They are full of violence; drugs; and broken families...it is these things that keep people from breaking free. There exist numerous opportunities for minorities and low income recipients with regards to scholarships; grants; and other incentives. The problem is kids getting on the wrong track at an early age due to their primary influences. There are numerous programs going into poor neighborhoods. These programs often face challenges that are not for the feint of heart. The truth is ignorance breeds ignorance.
Is it nor possible, in fact probable that due to the historic institutionalized racism, black neighborhoods took on the full brunt of poverty that still unfortunately exists today? Or you think they were poor first and then racism towards them began because they were poor?

It will take grass-roots determination within communities to end the violence, drugs and breakdown of the family...government can not fix these problems. Government in fact may be making them worse through welfare programs that do not monitor how the funds are being accounted for. I have seen people selling their food stamps .50 cents on the dollar so they could buy drugs. In other words our government was aiding drug use.
How far are you willing to take this "its the government's fault argument?" I've seen people argue that because government issued bonds aka US dollars are being used to make these transactions then its the government that is fostering and making this sort of thing possible. Where do you people stop? You make excuse after excuse and come up with alternate reason after alternative reason to fight against the plain fact that racism is the root of the problems and the fact that it still exists and persists today in many forms, mostly different, but very much so there. Then get upset when people call it out and actively fight against it. On top of that have the nerve to call those who are actively fighting againsst it and speaking out against the racist ones.

WoW! Republicans and Right Wingers are really a piece of work.

LOL!!! To be expected from you, wanting further and further proof, looking for a higher and higher standard of proof until its no longer feasible. "Unless you can show me a Catholic priest raping a boy on the pulpit, I refuse to believe that this sort of thing happens." That's essentially what you're doing. I expected this. I'm not surprised.

Is it nor possible, in fact probable that due to the historic institutionalized racism, black neighborhoods took on the full brunt of poverty that still unfortunately exists today? Or you think they were poor first and then racism towards them began because they were poor?

How far are you willing to take this "its the government's fault argument?" I've seen people argue that because government issued bonds aka US dollars are being used to make these transactions then its the government that is fostering and making this sort of thing possible. Where do you people stop? You make excuse after excuse and come up with alternate reason after alternative reason to fight against the plain fact that racism is the root of the problems and the fact that it still exists and persists today in many forms, mostly different, but very much so there. Then get upset when people call it out and actively fight against it. On top of that have the nerve to call those who are actively fighting againsst it and speaking out against the racist ones.

You might have a point if you had offered any actual proof...you did not. You pasted in URL's that went to studies that take into account race specific numbers true, but it is mere raw data. Where are any attributing factors presented? There is NO PROOF that this is due to any kind of institutionalized racism. It is proof that certain types of crimes, mostly drug and gang related, are happening in ethnic and poor neighborhoods...but again that is a product of poverty and a cycle of dysfunction within socio economic communities.

You do make a point about these poverty striken communities being a by-product of earlier racial discriminations. That said, it is not government that can fix the problem. Governemnt is no longer practicing institutionalized racism and all the incentive programs have been, and continue to be, provided; and yet crime has not abated; drug abuse continues; and families remain fatherless.

Welfare checks and food stamp programs being abused is no small matter. It is money that is taken from people and the people it is taken from have a right to demand tighter and more secure management by the agencies who dispense it to eligable persons. If you earn money and choose to waste it on drugs that is your business. When the government takes my money to give to you and you choose to waste it on drugs it is my business!

WOW you represent the "I'm always gonna be a Victim Class"

You might have a point if you had offered any actual proof...you did not. You pasted in URL's that went to studies that take into account race specific numbers true, but it is mere raw data. Where are any attributing factors presented? There is NO PROOF that this is due to any kind of institutionalized racism. It is proof that certain types of crimes, mostly drug and gang related, are happening in ethnic and poor neighborhoods...but again that is a product of poverty and a cycle of dysfunction within socio economic communities.

You do make a point about these poverty striken communities being a by-product of earlier racial discriminations. That said, it is not government that can fix the problem. Governemnt is no longer practicing institutionalized racism and all the incentive programs have been, and continue to be, provided; and yet crime has not abated; drug abuse continues; and families remain fatherless.

Welfare checks and food stamp programs being abused is no small matter. It is money that is taken from people and the people it is taken from have a right to demand tighter and more secure management by the agencies who dispense it to eligable persons. If you earn money and choose to waste it on drugs that is your business. When the government takes my money to give to you and you choose to waste it on drugs it is my business!

Regardless of percentages, the biggest number of people having illegitimate babies, on welfare, using food stamps, dropping out of school, unemployed is white people.

Help them and you help everybody.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTwpBLzxe4U]YouTube - ‪Craig T. Nelson on Government Aid‬‎[/ame]

[Fox News, 08/02/10]

What was "left out"?

[Fox News, 08/02/10]

What was "left out"?
who knows, we dont have the full context

how breitbart of you

Regardless of percentages, the biggest number of people having illegitimate babies, on welfare, using food stamps, dropping out of school, unemployed is white people.

Help them and you help everybody.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTwpBLzxe4U]YouTube - ‪Craig T. Nelson on Government Aid‬‎[/ame]

That's right, in raw numbers more whites are " having illegitimate babies, on welfare, using food stamps, dropping out of school, unemployed". The problem with simple minded ideologues is that they don't consider per capita percentages. Meaning that based on population by race the number of blacks "having illegitimate babies, on welfare, using food stamps, dropping out of school, unemployed" is much higher."

'Perhaps the gravest social challenge facing America today is the skyrocketing increase in out-of-wedlock births. As Figure 2 shows, out-of-wedlock births have increased by more than 400 percent since 1960. In 1960 only 5.3 percent of all births were out of wedlock. Among whites, only 2.3 percent were out of wedlock, while the out-of-wedlock rate among blacks was 23 percent. By 1990, 28 percent of all births were out of wedlock. The rate among whites had increased to 21 percent, and among blacks it had skyrocketed to 65.2 percent.(20)'

Yes, whites have a big disadvantage and are being downtrodden because "the man" is not encouraging them to get into the sports entertainment industry.

:rolleyes:

Maybe if you looked into it rather than obsessing over black people you would see you are just bias.

Ahh, it only matters if it happens to black people, I see...

Well, when did it happen to white people??? Before I get a sarcastic response, I am white. I love baseball and I heard all about Jackie Robinson when I was a kid. Jackie Robinson was the first African-American to play in baseball's major leagues in the 40's. You see, baseball was segragated and prior to that he was in the Negro League.

Gee, this never happened to a white player. So I'd say that if it seems today like it only matters if it happens to black people, oh well!!!

The problem is you're racist and we are not. We don't see it as a problem because no one is better or in debt to anyone else based on race. You still feel one or more race out there needs "help" due to their race.... Making you obviously racist... Only by definition you know.
I am very aware racism existed, but today it exists in a totally different manner than you think of it.

Life is tuff, but don't blame me for it, grow a pair.

What are you babbling about?? You don't even make sense.

You think people are "better" than other based on race?

Do you think one race is in debt to another race in America?

Do you think one or more race of people in America need Government help/assistance?

Racism exists today yes, but not in the form it was 100 years ago. Today calling someone a ****** or cracker is at the most what people see on a daily basis, and they have to be looking for it. The KKK aint rollin down your street, and black tribe leaders are not selling their slaves off to America for slavery.

Nobody is better than anybody else. What is your point??? Just spit it out, will ya??

[Fox News, 08/02/10]

It's obvious you didn't read the quote. You tell me what parts I left out and how they would justify what she said above???

who knows, we dont have the full context

how breitbart of you

Who knows??? You stupid ass. Then how do you know if something WAS left out???
how do you know nothing was?

we dont have the full context, moron, how breitbart of you

Angle was being honest in her answer and too naive. All politicians want the questions to be friendly...they just never tell a reporter that's what they are after. She also wanted to use any scheduled interviews to ask for campaign contributions...another no no.

Carl Cameron was the interviewer.

"We needed to have the press be our friend," Angle said in an interview that aired on Fox over the weekend.

"Wait a minute. Hold on a second. To be your friend?" said a disbelieving Carl Cameron. Before Angle could fully answer, he added: "That sounds naive."

"Well, no," said Angle. "We wanted them to ask the questions we want to answer so that they report the news the way we want it to be reported."

"And when I get on a show, and I say, 'Send money to SharronAngle.com,' so that your listeners will know that if they want to support me they need to go to SharronAngle.com."

Read more: Sharron Angle: Reporters Should Only "Ask The Questions We Want To Answer"

Who knows??? You stupid ass. Then how do you know if something WAS left out???
how do you know nothing was?

we dont have the full context, moron, how breitbart of you

Angle was being honest in her answer and too naive. All politicians want the questions to be friendly...they just never tell a reporter that's what they are after. She also wanted to use any scheduled interviews to ask for campaign contributions...another no no.

Carl Cameron was the interviewer.

"We needed to have the press be our friend," Angle said in an interview that aired on Fox over the weekend.

"Wait a minute. Hold on a second. To be your friend?" said a disbelieving Carl Cameron. Before Angle could fully answer, he added: "That sounds naive."

"Well, no," said Angle. "We wanted them to ask the questions we want to answer so that they report the news the way we want it to be reported."

"And when I get on a show, and I say, 'Send money to SharronAngle.com,' so that your listeners will know that if they want to support me they need to go to SharronAngle.com."

Read more: Sharron Angle: Reporters Should Only "Ask The Questions We Want To Answer"
i saw the full video
thats not the point
LOL

Forum List

Back