GOP Candidate In Ohio Argues There Is No Separation Of Church & State

"Republican Senate candidate Josh Mandel confessed to a Sunday debate crowd that he wouldn't follow the Constitution if elected to the federal office. While all federal officials are mandated to swear an oath to the Constitution, Mandel has serious issues with the first one. "They're trying to take God out of all aspects of society," said Mandel. "And they're trying to water down on the Judeo-Christian bedrock of America."

He went on to say that he doesn't want to "water down" Christianity for those of other faiths and religions -- we should dial it up...."We should be instilling faith in the classroom, in the workplace, and everywhere in society," said Mandel. "There's no such thing as separation of church and state."

Aside from the point this guy is obviously pandering and personally doesn't believe a word of what he is saying -- the fact he feels he has to say this to his base proves one thing....A large part of the conservative base wants a religious theocracy...so much so that people running for national office are willing to say it out loud....funny part is, Mandel is Jewish....but he has no problem telling Evangelicals what they want to hear -- even if the fantasy for those Evangelicals doesn't bode well for Jews who refuse to convert to Christianity....

The same folks who go into hysterics over teaching "critical race theory" to kids (even tho it is not being taught to kids) -- those same folks have no problem with public schools "INSTILLING" Christianity into kids in schools...more evidence that these people are full of shit....Because if you truly believe your Conservative-Christian-American version of God is everywhere, how the fuck can anyone "take him out of society"??

Why is it that the Left gets to teach their religion to children in schools but conservatives are not able?

Do we want our children to believe they are victims or oppressors simply on the basis of their skin color? Do we want to continue the rate of gender confusion up some 4000% by telling children they can switch genders and sex? Do we want them to believe that government is their god and only hope?

which should tell you that the phrase appears no where in the constitution

Yeah, so are you! what's the point?

yes it is, what it isn't, is a phrase in the constitution
Christ isn't in the Constitution either but it doesn't stop dic suckers like you from trying to do exactly what the GOP candidate in MY OP claims can be done....

Why is it that the Left gets to teach their religion to children in schools but conservatives are not able?

Do we want our children to believe they are victims or oppressors simply on the basis of their skin color? Do we want to continue the rate of gender confusion up some 4000% by telling children they can switch genders and sex? Do we want them to believe that government is their god and only hope?
Do we want our children to believe they are victims or oppressors simply on the basis of their skin color?

First of all, teaching history is not teaching kids they are victims or oppressors because of skin color..that is what you reactionary right wing cucks self project about....

However, morons like you definitely claim that you are victims due to the fact you are Christian...but not just any kind of Christian...conservative Evangelical Christian...even tho there is no point in the past 200 years have folks like you been targeted for murder, rape and oppression by the state....

Can you say the same about these folks??
FCoV2hkWYBYhdbJ.jpg

And for decades...it was morons like you, those who professed to be Conservative Christians who were SILENT when people were ACTUALLY being oppressed..so fuck what you are talking about

Christ isn't in the Constitution either
Did a court have to tell you that too? or was it as obvious as "separation of church and state"?

but it doesn't stop dic suckers like you from trying to do exactly what the GOP candidate in MY OP claims can be done....
Being atheist doesn't make me guilty of any of those things

Christ isn't in the Constitution either but it doesn't stop dic suckers like you from trying to do exactly what the GOP candidate in MY OP claims can be done....
I don't believe in your gods. The government is not my hope of collective salvation, neither is global warming our apocalypse of doom that only idiots on the Left can save us from.

I don't believe that taxation and government regulation can cleans us from our sins, nor do I think legislating such morality is making out society better in any way.

Look around, society is falling apart. Since God has been taken out of the class room in the 1960's it has been on a spiral downward. Crime rates are off the charts, the nation is divided more than ever, and when kids bring guns to school to shoot them up all we hear about is how evil guns are and not why this has started in the modern era and not the days of old.

You have no answers other than more government and that God and Orange man are bad. and to try and take all sharp objects away from a society that is now increasingly amoral so they don't hurt themselves and others.

Did a court have to tell you that too? or was it as obvious as "separation of church and state"?

Being atheist doesn't make me guilty of any of those things
But the religion you subscribe to is that of Fascist authoritarianism.....but only if those in authority are white Conservatives...which is why you spent the past 238282 comments caping up for them....

Guarantee you that if the Congressman making this claim was one who was Muslim and was demanding all children be instilled with the Muslim faith..all of that bullshit you talking now will do a complete 180

I don't believe in your gods. The government is not my hope of collective salvation, neither is global warming our apocalypse of doom that only idiots on the Left can save us from.

I don't believe that taxation and government regulation can cleans us from our sins, nor do I think legislating such morality is making out society better in any way.

Look around, society is falling apart. Since God has been taken out of the class room in the 1960's it has been on a spiral downward. Crime rates are off the charts, the nation is divided more than ever, and when kids bring guns to school to shoot them up all we hear about is how evil guns are and not why this has started in the modern era and not the days of old.

You have no answers other than more government and that God and Orange man are bad. and to try and take all sharp objects away from a society that is now increasingly amoral so they don't hurt themselves and others.
The Dems took God out of the school and Republicans replaced God with guns. What if God appeared and she was a Black woman?

The Bible teaches us that race does not matter and that there is ONLY male and female. It also teaches us that we should honor all life, including the unborn.

This sort of religion shall not be tolerated.
The Bible was written by men unless you can prove otherwise.

But the religion you subscribe to is that of Fascist authoritarianism.....but only if those in authority are white Conservatives...which is why you spent the past 238282 comments caping up for them....

Guarantee you that if the Congressman making this claim was one who was Muslim and was demanding all children be instilled with the Muslim faith..all of that bullshit you talking now will do a complete 180
Fascism comes from those in power no matter the power.

Last I checked, that would be the far, far, left yet all you blabber about is a religion that is not being forced on children at schools. All you talk about are politicians who merely talk about such things but ignore those in power now that are acting like fascists.

My body my right? Nope, not when the Left is in charge. The only right to your body you have is to murder your own flesh in blood in the womb.

The Bible was written by men unless you can prove otherwise.
Nope, it was written by space aliens.

But there are only two sexes, male and female, and the color of your skin does not matter in the least. And last I checked, the unborn are human, at least they seem to always come out that way.

Or do you believe in the Birth Fairy as she waves her magic wand over the non-human fetus as it exits the womb to make it human like you and I?

1635258131461.png

The Dems took God out of the school and Republicans replaced God with guns. What if God appeared and she was a Black woman?
I think you will find that human beings are experts at replacing God with pretty much anything, including those in churches.

Fascism comes from those in power no matter the power.

Last I checked, that would be the far, far, left yet all you blabber about is a religion that is not being forced on children at schools. All you talk about are politicians who merely talk about such things but ignore those in power now that are acting like fascists.

My body my right? Nope, not when the Left is in charge. The only right to your body you have is to murder your own flesh in blood in the womb.
And the only ones OPENLY opining about electing a fascist are Conservatives.....again, fuck what you whining about....

“I have said this before, and I’m telling you I’m worried that I’m right, the right is going to pick a fascist within 10 to 20 years.” Carlson chimed in to say that Kelly’s prediction was “right.”

You are not smart enough to go back and forth with me....Explain why so many fascists align themselves with Conservatives or shut the fuck up

And the only ones OPENLY opining about electing a fascist are Conservatives.....again, fuck what you whining about....

“I have said this before, and I’m telling you I’m worried that I’m right, the right is going to pick a fascist within 10 to 20 years.” Carlson chimed in to say that Kelly’s prediction was “right.”

You are not smart enough to go back and forth with me....Explain why so many fascists align themselves with Conservatives or shut the fuck up
First tell me what a fascist is.

Again, power is abused no matter who has it, or do you view only conservatives as "bad" people with power?

Conservatives realize that power corrupts, which is why conservatives like myself seek to diminish the power by instituting checks and balances as where the Left only wants to centralize power and increase their power.

Mandel is not going to win but he is right that there is no "separation" in the Constitution but all the same he isn't interested in what the Constitution does say.

Instilling faith is great but that means Muslim, Hindu, Wiccan, etc etc etc also and Mandel would have a heart attack over that.
Good idea. Close those muslim prayer rooms in schools.

"Republican Senate candidate Josh Mandel confessed to a Sunday debate crowd that he wouldn't follow the Constitution if elected to the federal office. While all federal officials are mandated to swear an oath to the Constitution, Mandel has serious issues with the first one. "They're trying to take God out of all aspects of society," said Mandel. "And they're trying to water down on the Judeo-Christian bedrock of America."

He went on to say that he doesn't want to "water down" Christianity for those of other faiths and religions -- we should dial it up...."We should be instilling faith in the classroom, in the workplace, and everywhere in society," said Mandel. "There's no such thing as separation of church and state."

Aside from the point this guy is obviously pandering and personally doesn't believe a word of what he is saying -- the fact he feels he has to say this to his base proves one thing....A large part of the conservative base wants a religious theocracy...so much so that people running for national office are willing to say it out loud....funny part is, Mandel is Jewish....but he has no problem telling Evangelicals what they want to hear -- even if the fantasy for those Evangelicals doesn't bode well for Jews who refuse to convert to Christianity....

The same folks who go into hysterics over teaching "critical race theory" to kids (even tho it is not being taught to kids) -- those same folks have no problem with public schools "INSTILLING" Christianity into kids in schools...more evidence that these people are full of shit....Because if you truly believe your Conservative-Christian-American version of God is everywhere, how the fuck can anyone "take him out of society"??

Show me the part of the constitution he would be violating.

Except what I said is not wrong....

You quibble over dumb shit.....what I said remains....government shall not "DIAL UP" one religion over the other....

You would be the type who would argue with firefighters more over the PSI of the water they are using to put the fire out more so than putting the fucking fire out

I believe in accuracy, so sue me.

Show me the part of the constitution he would be violating.
The part that prevents government from "DIALING UP CHRISTIANITY OVER OTHER RELIGIONS" like Mandel claims can be done..

Can you show me where in the Constitution or any legislation from it that permits any religion to be dialed up over others?

A real answer...not your feels, not any goofy ass hyperbole..give me the actual legal text that permits it

Forum List

Back