GOP Candidate In Ohio Argues There Is No Separation Of Church & State

The part that prevents government from "DIALING UP CHRISTIANITY OVER OTHER RELIGIONS" like Mandel claims can be done..

Can you show me where in the Constitution or any legislation from it that permits any religion to be dialed up over others?

A real answer...not your feels, not any goofy ass hyperbole..give me the actual legal text that permits it

That is a pretty vague goal on his. I'm not sure how he plans to implement it.

YOu seem to know. You know that it will violate the constitution.

SO, tell me what part. Cut and paste would be fine.

Show me the part of the constitution he would be violating.

One would need to ask him if he understands that "dialing it up" would apply to all religions. Being a neighbor of Ohio and having seen his statements many times, I would bet he would not.

He has argued to shut down schools and put them in churches.

"That in the classroom, kids would learn about good vs. evil, and that Judeo-Christian ethic separates itself from Islam and atheism and all these other belief sets on so many levels," he said, via Mediaite.

Ahead of the debate, Mandel tweeted that the country should "shut down government schools and put schools in churches and synagogues."

Josh Mandel, Ohio Senate candidate, believes election stolen from Trump

He is a wack job.

No but what you linked to was.
Title of the post is ACCURATE

The POST ITSELF ...accurate....

Still waiting for you to show what I said that isn't accurate...

What about the establishment clause permits anything Mandel is talking about....the same clause that many see as the separation of church and state....

Is it in the constitution...no...but neither is Christ....so its a distinction in search of an argument...

One would need to ask him if he understands that "dialing it up" would apply to all religions. Being a neighbor of Ohio and having seen his statements many times, I would bet he would not.

He has argued to shut down schools and put them in churches.

"That in the classroom, kids would learn about good vs. evil, and that Judeo-Christian ethic separates itself from Islam and atheism and all these other belief sets on so many levels," he said, via Mediaite.

Ahead of the debate, Mandel tweeted that the country should "shut down government schools and put schools in churches and synagogues."

Josh Mandel, Ohio Senate candidate, believes election stolen from Trump

He is a wack job.

Religious schools are not Establishment of religion. IF the schools force prayer, AND the government forces attendance, that might be a violation.

Personally I am for repealing truancy laws.

Religious schools are not Establishment of religion. IF the schools force prayer, AND the government forces attendance, that might be a violation.

Personally I am for repealing truancy laws.

He said he was for shutting down public schools. That education should be something delivered by the church. He is a wack job.

He said he was for shutting down public schools. That education should be something delivered by the church. He is a wack job.

The public schools are crappy indoctrination centers. Being against them, is a valid position.

Forcing christianity on children and in our society does violate the constitution.

The constitution says the government can't make any law respecting an established religion. And can't prevent the free exercise of any religion.

If the government wants to sanction any religion they have to sanction all religions, as you posted.

Forcing christianity on children and this nation is a clear violation of the constitution.

I'm not christian so if anyone in the government ever tried to force that religion on me I'm going to find the meanest and greediest lawyer I can find to sue the government.

Us non christians have the christian faith forced on is by people who aren't in the government, we certainly don't want the government to join in.

Here is the text of the first amendment:

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
Respecting an established religion. Where did you get that from? The government must not establish a religion. Not the same thing. Of course the democrats HAVE established a national religion. The Religion of Woke. Failure to believe is not only heresy but treason as well.

"Republican Senate candidate Josh Mandel confessed to a Sunday debate crowd that he wouldn't follow the Constitution if elected to the federal office. While all federal officials are mandated to swear an oath to the Constitution, Mandel has serious issues with the first one. "They're trying to take God out of all aspects of society," said Mandel. "And they're trying to water down on the Judeo-Christian bedrock of America."

He went on to say that he doesn't want to "water down" Christianity for those of other faiths and religions -- we should dial it up...."We should be instilling faith in the classroom, in the workplace, and everywhere in society," said Mandel. "There's no such thing as separation of church and state."

Aside from the point this guy is obviously pandering and personally doesn't believe a word of what he is saying -- the fact he feels he has to say this to his base proves one thing....A large part of the conservative base wants a religious theocracy...so much so that people running for national office are willing to say it out loud....funny part is, Mandel is Jewish....but he has no problem telling Evangelicals what they want to hear -- even if the fantasy for those Evangelicals doesn't bode well for Jews who refuse to convert to Christianity....

The same folks who go into hysterics over teaching "critical race theory" to kids (even tho it is not being taught to kids) -- those same folks have no problem with public schools "INSTILLING" Christianity into kids in schools...more evidence that these people are full of shit....Because if you truly believe your Conservative-Christian-American version of God is everywhere, how the fuck can anyone "take him out of society"??

You can’t have freedom of religion without freedom from religion. Let this guy have his way and there’ll be no counter argument to some community wanting to establish shariah law.

You can’t have freedom of religion without freedom from religion. Let this guy have his way and there’ll be no counter argument to some community wanting to establish shariah law.
Oh trust...there will be a counter argument...

Conservatives never gave a fuck about being intellectually consistent...

If he can shut down public schools and teach kids out of the church, other communities can do exactly this.

Religious schools are NOT establishing a state religion.

We all have the freedom to divorce ourselves from the God of the Bible

But when it comes to the religion of Leftism, we have no such freedoms.

the dirty little secret is that the modern concept of "separation of Church/State" was invented in the late 40's by a member of the KKK appointed to the S.C. by FDR. Justice Black couldn't rely on the Constitution because there was no mention of it. At first the concept was intended to stop the proliferation of mostly Catholic schools what sprung up after WW2 and later it was used to sue local jurisdictions into bankruptcy if they didn't go along with the newfound agnostic trend that started with democrat administrations.

Forum List

Back