GOP Candidate In Ohio Argues There Is No Separation Of Church & State

OK, but the post doesn't cover that, the by line reads one thing and then the post does not back it up

OK, just so you don't get the idea that you can monopolize who is sane and who isn't do ya know what else sane people also say about the "RIGHT TO LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" [which happens to be the foundation that became our constitution]? That the "right to life" is guaranteed in writing without need for interpretation
I like how you haven't been able to refute a single word of the establishment clause....

Let's recap shall we......
image-8.jpg

Now, where in that clause does it permit people like Mandel to use public institutions like schools to "dial up Christianity" over all other religions, including his own...

I'll wait

The source is the left wrong-wrong lies and propaganda site, Raw Story, so just from this alone, we can know that the story is almost certainly composed mostly, if not entirely, of complete bullshit.

Assuming that Mr. Mandel said what this propaganda piece quotes him as saying, he's absolutely right. The statement that “Republican Senate candidate Josh Mandel confessed to a Sunday debate crowd that he wouldn't follow the Constitution if elected to the federal office.” is just Raw Stories own LIbtARd lie, based on trying to twist the Constitution to fit its degenerate agenda, rather than reading it for what it actually says.
Thanks for clarifying your position, Bob. When you put a "disagree" on my post, I thought you were saying Republicans never really supported the constitution, which would pretty well suit the republicans that tried to take over the capital to stop the recording of the Electoral College vote.

My faith is no one's business.

I'm not a christian so I don't need to talk about it on a message board.

Some christians seem to have a need to tell everyone their faith then try to force it on others.

Also, some christians attack those of other faiths and I have no desire to see some christians post attacks to be because of my personal faith.

So, no, it's not any of yours or anyone else's business what faith follow.

All I asked was if you have any faith in anything. A simple yes or no answer. I wasn't asking for specifics as all I said was instilling faith wasn't a bad idea.

I like how you haven't been able to refute a single word of the establishment clause....

View attachment 556519

Now, where in that clause does it permit people like Mandel to use public institutions like schools to "dial up Christianity" over all other religions, including his own...

I'll wait

The clause does NOT require the separation. Congress starts every morning with a prayer.

Why would anyone try to do so?

Those of us who truly support the Constitution, support the Establishment Clause.

What we do not support is the dishonest and corrupt way that you LIbEral filth insist on trying to twist it, to attack the very right that it is intended to uphold; as you do with the rest of the Constitution.

That isn't just in "all black churches"

A lot of so-called White evangelical churches get rich off of pushing politics to their followers and doing it all tax free..

TV people are not the same. Local living in communities is reality. And there are Black people doin the same. In my education, 12 years of Catholic School we had to take a Religion Course. Every day. Unlike TV, it was not all of the final chapter of the Bible dealing with the Apocalypse. The problem is, that we seem to be having issues that are in that direction.

The clause does NOT require the separation. Congress starts every morning with a prayer.
A morning prayer that can be given by anyone ranging from a muslim cleric to a Jewish rabbi is a lot different than demanding your personal religion be DIALED UP over other religions...

Maybe that's because I believe in the establishment clause and have not once tried to refute it, perhaps if you were not so intent on using it as a hiding place when the rest of your argument has failed you, it would be as apparent to you as it is to everyone else reading this
image-8.jpg
It doesn't, now where on that document does it claim to be the "Constitution of the United States"...the reason you chose an interpretation of the constitution instead of the actual document is because you cannot refute my claim that the phrase "separation of church and state" appears nowhere in it....as you pretend it does

I would tell you that I will wait for you to show it to those of us who know it isn't there but of course that would be an eternal waste of time

Last edited:
We support the Constitution as it is explicitly written, and not, as you filth on the left wrong do, as an absurd straw man army created by twisting the Constitution to mean other than, and very often the opposite of, what it explicitly says, to support the very abuses that it was intended to prohibit.
Yes. Of course. We saw your support.
1635256255463.png

TV people are not the same. Local living in communities is reality. And there are Black people doin the same. In my education, 12 years of Catholic School we had to take a Religion Course. Every day. Unlike TV, it was not all of the final chapter of the Bible dealing with the Apocalypse. The problem is, that we seem to be having issues that are in that direction.
TV people exist in reality...you do understand that right??

I know you want to try to distance yourself from outright con-artists like Copeland and others...but the same people they preach to and the same dumb shit they preach about -- are no different from the dumb shit you ACTUALLY believe and the dumb shit you advocate for...

Maybe that's because I believe in the establishment clause and have not once tried to refute it, perhaps if you were not so intent on using it as a hiding place when the rest of your argument failed you that would be as apparent too you as it is to everyone else reading this

It doesn't, now where on that document does it claim to be the "Constitution of the United States"...the reason you chose an interpretation of the constitution instead of the actual document is because you cannot refute my claim that the phrase "separation of church and state" appears nowhere in it....as you pretend it does

I would tell you that I will wait for you to show that to those of us know it isn't there but of course that would be an eternal waste of time
The Supreme Court ruled on this already....

You are more than welcome to try to overturn their ruling....but right now, the separation of church and state is legal precedent......

A morning prayer that can be given by anyone ranging from a muslim cleric to a Jewish rabbi is a lot different than demanding your personal religion be DIALED UP over other religions...

Right, that can be given by anyone which means there is no separation. The Amendment does not require a separation. It requires the government to not discriminate.

All I asked was if you have any faith in anything. A simple yes or no answer. I wasn't asking for specifics as all I said was instilling faith wasn't a bad idea.

It's no one's business if I have any faith.

I could worship the lint in my belly button and it's no one's business but mine.

Can you understand the concept of privacy?

Can you understand that the crazy trump people on this board would quickly jump in to attack me and my faith relentlessly?

Can you understand I have no desire to give the crazy trump people that opportunity?

Meanwhile, this republican in Ohio wants to violate the constitution and I find it disgusting.

Especially since he doesn't believe a word he his spewing and is only doing it to pander to the far right crazy people.

Right, that can be given by anyone which means there is no separation. The Amendment does not require a separation. It requires the government to not discriminate.
That separation is a wall of prevention.....the prevention is the only thing I give a fuck about...

The Supreme Court ruled on this already....

You are more than welcome to try to overturn their ruling....but right now, the separation of church and state is legal precedent......

In spite of having long been allowed to get away with the pretense, the Supreme Court does not have the authority to change the Constitution, nor to hold it to mean other than what it says.

This can only legitimately be done by the Amendment process.

What does that picture have to do with me?

I did not participate in, nor support that clusterfuck.
No, but that was a trump republican insurrectionist mob, trying to prevent provisions of Constitutional duties, recognizing the vote that had already occurred.
I do appreciate, you chose not to support or defend the attack, Bob. Seriously Bob, I do. Just not sure there is enough of you left to change the direction of party support for actions against the constitution.

Whatever, I was just commenting on what you posted. It is wrong.
Except what I said is not wrong....

You quibble over dumb shit.....what I said remains....government shall not "DIAL UP" one religion over the other....

You would be the type who would argue with firefighters more over the PSI of the water they are using to put the fire out more so than putting the fucking fire out

Forum List

Back