Good night Irene!

The problem with this storm, Bones, is that it is moving very slowly and dumping a lot of rain and pushing surf. A lot of the places in the path are going to be in big trouble if there is heavy flooding. And I imagine in most of those places flood insurance isn't required.

people this is a cat 2.....everyone chill.....cat 2......dont worry till it hits 4.....

nc is use to this mess.....you know the real pisser is when the coast makes a run inland....to charlotte...fayetteville...places like that...and the damn storm hits inland (hugo)
and one year the entire east coast was moving....back and forth...they kept moving generators trying to figure out where they would be needed....so of course the flatland relatives call and need a last minute generator ....hoping that us being in the mtns we can find one....we did in tn.....kingsport....the last one.....

of course i am a lot more relaxed with my mom not being in the damn house in the path of the hurricane...amazing how that feels...

FEMA recommends you don't forget your pets!

:clap2:

katrina_goes12-1.jpg

Moral of the story?

Dont ever make a liberal the head of your company safety program........or your storm prediction center for that matter!!!:D:D:D:D:coffee:

Last edited:

(A.) Stay - Plus you hire a propaganda artist like Sallow to invent stories & lie for you!

It's easy enough to compare the results of the Bush response to New Orleans to the Clinton response to the San Francisco earthquake. Bush's administration stopped at level 1..the local response. That lead to massive death tolls. Clinton's FEMA under James Witt responded immediately to the earthquake and were able to keep the death toll to a minimum.

:lol::lol::lol: Bill Clinton was not president in 1989 when the San Francisco earthquake hit. That was George Bush. :lol::lol::lol:

The only thing Clinton responded to as president was his own self inflicted man-made disaster, Oklahoma City Bombing that was tiny by comparison & it took him 4 days to arrive. A day longer than it took Bush to arrive in New Orleans.

Last edited:
wow yall are really majorly concerned over this ....

course i am at 3500 ft.....easy for me to be dismissive....

the weather channel is all about this...

There's a difference in mindset between liberals and conservatives.

Conservatives will see a guy drown..point to his buddies and laugh at him. "His hard luck, fuck him for being so stupid", the Conservative will say.

A Liberal in the same situation will marshal his friends to form a human chain to save the guy.

Bull-fucking-shit.

The liberals will stand around shouting "don't touch him! don't touch him! wait for the government to arrive!" The conservatives will actually go and help him out of the water. The liberals will then sue the conservatives for any scratches the guy got while being rescued and demand that he be allowed to live in their home and eat their food for the rest of his life and those of all his descendants.

1800 people died in Louisiana during a Republican administration where the appointment to the head of FEMA was a horse trainer.

You are really out of your minds.

Each and every one of you.

Deny, evade, and rewrite. Typical fucking liberal.

(A.) Stay - Plus you hire a propaganda artist like Sallow to invent stories & lie for you!

It's easy enough to compare the results of the Bush response to New Orleans to the Clinton response to the San Francisco earthquake. Bush's administration stopped at level 1..the local response. That lead to massive death tolls. Clinton's FEMA under James Witt responded immediately to the earthquake and were able to keep the death toll to a minimum.

:lol::lol::lol: Bill Clinton was not president in 1989 when the San Francisco earthquake hit. That was George Bush. :lol::lol::lol:

The only thing Clinton responded to as president was his own self inflicted man-made disaster, Oklahoma City Bombing that was tiny by comparison & it took him 4 days to arrive. A day longer than it took Bush to arrive in New Orleans.

Sallow is one of those hysterical guys who goes to a proctologist for a cold!!! Like most far left guys, somewhere in there eulogies should be the passage, "But you were doing it wrong."

Last edited:
o great now they are talking about power outages for days or weeks.....so there will be a run on food, water and gas....

LOL......Im the administrator in charge of 26 group homes across Long Island for this weekend. Talk about drawing the short straw. How much is my weekend going to suck?

good luck with that....the assisted living place my mother is in.....there was a major snow storm one year and the electric went out for days...Samaritan's purse loaned them a generator....they had a huge generator installed the next summer.

that is a major job ...the safety of so many

o great now they are talking about power outages for days or weeks.....so there will be a run on food, water and gas....

LOL......Im the administrator in charge of 26 group homes across Long Island for this weekend. Talk about drawing the short straw. How much is my weekend going to suck?

good luck with that....the assisted living place my mother is in.....there was a major snow storm one year and the electric went out for days...Samaritan's purse loaned them a generator....they had a huge generator installed the next summer.

We have to send guys to the ER for a hang nail. Thats my biggest concern.......a medical emergency at the height of the storm. Also.....what are communications going to be like? I spend hundreds of hours training these young people......Im thinking to some degree they may be largely on their own to call some shots Im usually heavily involved in. Plus, Im only abut 7 miles from the oceanfront.......gotta worry about my own house and my own family too............

By Gumption..you are right about San Francisco. You get a cigar.

FEMA still responded rapidly..and George HW Bush..was a much better President then his son.

And Oklahoma city wasn't a self-inflicted disaster..it was the work of Christian Terrorist, Tim McVeigh.

Bull-fucking-shit.

The liberals will stand around shouting "don't touch him! don't touch him! wait for the government to arrive!" The conservatives will actually go and help him out of the water. The liberals will then sue the conservatives for any scratches the guy got while being rescued and demand that he be allowed to live in their home and eat their food for the rest of his life and those of all his descendants.

1800 people died in Louisiana during a Republican administration where the appointment to the head of FEMA was a horse trainer.

You are really out of your minds.

Each and every one of you.

Deny, evade, and rewrite. Typical fucking liberal.

Says the guy the denied, evaded and rewrote.

We have to send guys to the ER for a hang nail. Thats my biggest concern.......a medical emergency at the height of the storm. Also.....what are communications going to be like? I spend hundreds of hours training these young people......Im thinking to some degree they may be largely on their own to call some shots Im usually heavily involved in. Plus, Im only abut 7 miles from the oceanfront.......gotta worry about my own house and my own family too............

Kooky, if your elevation is below 20' above sea level, send your family inland. Last I heard, this thing is coming in on a high tide.

Now you find out how well you trained the people working for you. And who has the mind for responding to emergencies in a rational manner.

Keep safe, and I hope that the things you are responsible for come through well. So many factors in a storm like this can blow apart even the best laid preperations.

You should be getting people out of there now. Road jams & lack of gas will trap people tonight & tomorrow.

NY mayor: Coastal residents should move out Friday
Bloomberg made it clear people in coastal areas such as Battery Park City on Manhattan's southern tip, Coney Island and the Rockaways should not linger until he issues an evacuation order because that could endanger emergency workers.
Store shelves are already empty.
2011-08-26T132655Z_01_BTRE77P11CX00_RTROPTP_2_CNEWS-US-STORM-IRENE.JPG

Last edited:

You're going to abandon your post? :(

Forum List

Back