Obama proclaims Irene a "historic" hurricane

Katrina was historical. Irene? We'll see. Joe Bastardi says it could be one of the worst of the century. He's usually right too.

Opal,
Hugo
Andrew

• Banned
Don't you usually wait until after a disaster to make judgements about it?

I'm sure Obama wants it to be bad so he can be seen as the rescuer.

Perhaps we should wait until after the hurricane ends before pronouncing it historic.

But then maybe he is right. After all, isn't everything we do and everything that happens historic after it happens?

If it were an historic hurricane, a wise person would probably cut short his vacation and get back to the business of doing his job. However, the current person in the White House doesn't have a real good track record of showing up at disaster areas until several days after the fact.

It may be a really bad hurricane, but I don't know if I could qualify it as "historic." Let's hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

He is fucking out of his mind. You can tax the productive class away, but not a hurricane. How is Obama going to tax Irene away?

If someone is cruel, stupid and partisan, they might just jump top such a conclusion. But, it takes those peculiar qualities to assume such a thing in the first place, doesn't it?

kinda like you partisan assholes when you post that Republicans want the economy to tank. you rat assed hypocrite.

If someone is cruel, stupid and partisan, they might just jump top such a conclusion. But, it takes those peculiar qualities to assume such a thing in the first place, doesn't it?

kinda like you partisan assholes when you post that Republicans want the economy to tank. you rat assed hypocrite.

You're doing a heck of a job, Willow. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

History is sometimes relative. His family will always remember it cause it fucked up their vacation.

Forum List

Back