Zone1 God is fed up with us.... and we are often fed up with Him

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022
Yeh, you wonder sometimes

why does God expect mere humans to do what He Himself does not do? I mean, yeh, sure, He's the One who made the Rules and He can violate them (so called) if He wants and that's supposed to be OK because He is God and all....

But you wonder. I mean, there have been times in my life when I felt that God just did NOT give a rip about my most pressing problems. Yet He expects for us to care about one another.

I don't know. . I can see God being ticked off at egregious sinners like the ones who promote abortion... the ones who allow an invasion of their own country (allowing criminals and drugs into it)... those who mess up the economy of same, and as long as there's ice cream in the fridge... who cares? :dunno:

But why does He seem to pick on people who are actually doing what He says? or certainly trying to most of the time....

:dunno:

th

What makes you think God cares about your petty abstract human problems?

*****SMILE*****

:)

Were Led Zeppelin pedos or something?

Yikes. I've seen that album cover b4 but... had long forgotten it. When I was young, it didn't bother me but that was b4 all the sickos in the news of late
th

You'd have to ask Robert Plant those are his children and the son died at an early age of five years.

*****SMILE*****

:)

why does God expect mere humans to do what He Himself does not do? I mean, yeh, sure, He's the One who made the Rules and He can violate them (so called) if He wants and that's supposed to be OK because He is God and all....

But you wonder. I mean, there have been times in my life when I felt that God just did NOT give a rip about my most pressing problems. Yet He expects for us to care about one another.
Sometimes we expect God to enter the times in our lives, rending the mountains and crushing the rocks that are blocking us. We expect an earthquake to rattle what stands in our way, a fire to sweep away the debris that makes up our life.

I prayed four years for God to help me overcome a weakness, to make me stronger in a single area. Four years. Nothing. Then, one day it all came together. In hindsight, I could see all the little occurrences, the tiny whispers that over four years, brought me to the places I prayed to be. He started with the tiniest of things, and quietly built from there.

It changed the way I looked at things and saw problems. Instead of barging in to sweep up and fix things all in an instant, I discovered the strength, and yes, the holiness, of starting small and working quietly.

I do not believe God is fed up with us, We simply cannot--or do not--see Him working quietly within and on our behalf. We can all give God the same small steps in return. We can begin with a tiny motion that will take us forward over time. It might help us to see and understand how carefully He works with us as we take just as much care in serving Him and those around us.

You are a lab rat but have no inkling of that .

If and when you qualify in their eyes , they may move you up a step .

Unless you bite the fingers that feed you .

There is good reason that 90% of your brain matter does nothing . Yet .

God acts exactly like he doesn't exist.
that's one way to put it

Most of what is written in the Bible seems true to yours truly if only because it conforms with reality on Planet Earth (long story what all I mean) but sometimes... Well, again, there's that compassion thing. Jesus wants us to have concern for our fellow man. We all get that. But God himself does not seem to have much concern for certain people. I just say SEEM though... I do realize that God wants us to care for people and not rely solely on Him to help them. But sometimes there are situations in which ---well, whatever. I don't want to say anything that sounds anti-God. But I guess I'm just saying that--

I don't know what to say. I'll figure it out and get back w/ u

Sometimes we expect God to enter the times in our lives, rending the mountains and crushing the rocks that are blocking us. We expect an earthquake to rattle what stands in our way, a fire to sweep away the debris that makes up our life.

I prayed four years for God to help me overcome a weakness, to make me stronger in a single area. Four years. Nothing. Then, one day it all came together. In hindsight, I could see all the little occurrences, the tiny whispers that over four years, brought me to the places I prayed to be. He started with the tiniest of things, and quietly built from there.

It changed the way I looked at things and saw problems. Instead of barging in to sweep up and fix things all in an instant, I discovered the strength, and yes, the holiness, of starting small and working quietly.

I do not believe God is fed up with us, We simply cannot--or do not--see Him working quietly within and on our behalf. We can all give God the same small steps in return. We can begin with a tiny motion that will take us forward over time. It might help us to see and understand how carefully He works with us as we take just as much care in serving Him and those around us.
Well, this is interesting. I actually got a lot out of this. And I could have written something similar myself but... well, I guess the short version of what I'm trying to say is that today was not one of my best days for being simpatico with God..

Yes, I know God works incrementally, as it were. I learned that a long time ago. And I do realize that all I have been through has... been what I should have gone through (?) at that particular time, assuming that is more/less what you are saying..

I have thrown temper tantrums in my anger w/ God before. I hate going through that but I just can't seem to help it sometimes. Have u ever been through that?

I know He is big enough to handle our tantrums... but still, I hate having them. They seem silly on some level, but totally unavoidable on another..

I have thrown temper tantrums in my anger w/ God before. I hate going through that but I just can't seem to help it sometimes. Have u ever been through that?
I haven't because at a young age I had an experience that made me understand God's ways were definitely not a little kid's. I was trying to understand how He worked and how He didn't work. The closest I may have come to what you experienced, is the year that within a month I lost three members of my family and my best friend. The grief was devastating and I wanted to be alone with my grief--I didn't even want God's help or presence. The pain was too much for even the slightest touch.

Also, a few years earlier I had been dealing with just the usual anger we sometimes feel with the world or others, which I had always dealt with by determining "I shouldn't feel this way" and ignoring it all. One day I was studying the verse of the lion lying down with the lamb, and it occurred to me the lion could be compared to those strong "negative" emotions and the lam with the peaceful "positive" ones.

It dawned on me, the lion was alerting me to the fact something was very wrong and needed to be dealt with. The lamb was there not to get me to ignore the wrong, but to deal in a positive manner with was wrong, and to decide how it could be made right.

I don't know. . I can see God being ticked off at egregious sinners like the ones who promote abortion... the ones who allow an invasion of their own country (allowing criminals and drugs into it)... those who mess up the economy of same, and as long as there's ice cream in the fridge... who cares? :dunno:

But why does He seem to pick on people who are actually doing what He says? or certainly trying to most of the time....

Sure, the entire cosmos must be about you and you alone. God had better get busy answering YOUR prayers . . . or else . . . he must not exist. That about sum it up? Because cosmic beings always bend over backward for amoeba . . . same as we bend over backward to answer the prayers of ants, rather than just step on them by the thousands. The cosmos is infinite and could be listening; such truth alone is reason beyond sufficient to never whistle past the graveyard at midnight or speak aloud to infinity for the terrible fear of actually being heard.

You are asking the same question many have asked. WHY DOES GOD NOT PROVE HIMSELF TO THOSE WHO PROFESS TO BE HIS SERVANTS AND APPEAR TO THEM AS HE DID WHEN HE WAS HUSABANED TO BIBLICAL ISRAEL?

1. There is a new covenant........the last of several covenants that God has contracted with mankind. Today we live under the rules of the N.T. Covenant of Christ. "God, having of old time, spoken unto the fathers (ancestors) in the prophets by divers portions (many different ways), has the end of these days (the last covenant between man and God), spoken unto us through His Son..........whom He (God) appointed hier of all things (Matt.28:18), through whom He also made the worlds;" -- Heb. 1:1-2

Its called LIFE..........Christians are promised nothing extra in this reality called life, we live under the same conditions as everyone else, the rain falls on the just and the unjust. The Christian Sabbath or "rest" comes after the race of life is completed. (Heb. 4:1, Rev.14:13).

2. God creates.......then His creation abides by the laws established for His creations, be it nature (that is governed by the laws of physics established by God), Example: -- Genesis 1:24-25, or man.......that is governed by the eternally rightesous rules of Morality that transcends mankind....such as the 10 commandments.

In the past..........God spoke to mankind only when there was something of importance to be revealed, through the prophets and scribes (such as Moses, Jeremiah....etc.) Today..........we live under the terms of the Last Covenant between man and God (Acts 2)......there is nothing new to be revealed once the completed works of the Apostles were finished in revealing a complete N.T. testament covenant doctrine (1 Cor 13). If you are expecting a personal miracle......Don't. God has no respect of person and would have ALL MEN be saved by coming to the knowledge of the truth (1 Tim. 2:4-5)......but, that choice is a free will choice based upon the greatest eternally righteous moral law of all.............LOVE THY GOD.

The scriptures are clear. God has no respect of person. -- Acts 10:34 There is no guarantee of salvation, all men sin (1 John 1: 8-10), none are worthy of the grace demonstrated by God through the sacrifice of His only Begotten Son........even men such as Paul comprehened the fact that he could lose his savaltion if he did not run the race of life to its completion under the terms of the N.T. covenant (1 Cor. 9:24-27). Once saved always saved is a false doctrine.

Last edited:

And just what is it you expect God to do with your most pressing problems? Is He there to cure what troubles you? Is He your genie in a bottle? Maybe He doesn't think a flat tire or a bad day with the boss or a physical malady is your most pressing problem...
Truth is, He never takes His eyes off of you. His concern is your immortal soul. Have you spoken to Him about the condition of it lately?
He came to earth and suffered horribly, was hung on a cross to bleed out, and died in your place, to remove your sin, so you could spend an eternity in light and love as His Royal Child. What more is it you require?

Last edited:
No I don't think she is......I expect nothing from her, except my eventual surrender.

What rule do you think God made that He is violating?

Romans 3:10-12 KJV
as it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, There is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; There is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Matthew 5:45
King James Version

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Forum List

Back