God is a Monstrous, Evil, Bloodthirsty Tyrant

I'd say its not entirely unreasonable to suggest that the OT GOD is something of a dick for the reasons you've outlined.

That being said, why do you care?
Some people are incredibly intolerant of those who believe differently than they do.

Really dave? Demonstrate a tolerant attitude toward those with a different view from yours.

Lead by example.
I do all the time.

But of course, you mean I should sit by silently while people spread lies about my faith. That's the only kind of tolerance you want.

Right?

I don't know whether or not there's anything after death........I strongly doubt it.

Well I suppose we will both know when we die. If I am right I will get to rub your nose in it in the afterlife, and if you are right neither of us will care. But my chances of being able to gloat about it seem better than yours. :D

Prove it.....when a person dies they're dead. That's why they call it dying. Do you reali e how goddam stupid it is for someone to actually talk about an afterlife. I'd sooner believe my neighbor was picked up by aliens and taken to another galaxy for a physical. Only two types of people believe in an afterlife. Those who were totally and helplessly brainwashed when they were an infant or small child and those who are very naive. 'Course the average IQ is 100. That means there are as many with an IQ below 100 as there are with one above. 100 ain't your sharpest knife in the drawer.

Are you claiming people of faith have lower IQs than unbelievers?

Ok. His message still stands as fact. Besides at that time slaves were not people they were property hence not the poor being referred to

Yeah...the forebears were generous. They actually wrote into our constitution that a slave was worth 60% of a man.

My rebuttal was you posted a list of idiotic lies that was far to long to bother with each one.

That is not a rebuttal. It's a refusal to rebut, which implies that you can't.

If you don't want to take the time to argue against EVERYTHING I said, pick one and argue against that, as Daveman did above.

All you're doing here is demonstrating your own immaturity.

:lol:

Your the one saying life isn't fair and that god is a big meanie.

And I'm the immature one?

Seriously, read some of the bible, go to a church and converse with the people there. Learn something from sources that aren't full of hate.

My rebuttal was you posted a list of idiotic lies that was far to long to bother with each one.

If you don't want to take the time to argue against EVERYTHING I said, pick one and argue against that, as Daveman did above.

Seriously, read some of the bible, go to a church and converse with the people there. Learn something from sources that aren't full of hate.

He, She, It never has bothered me. You have to believe that voodoo shit before it works.

He, She, It never has bothered me. You have to believe that voodoo shit before it works.

What voodoo?

The Top 10?
The "Do unto others..."?
The basics on how to treat each other and how to raise kids?

I'll need you to be more clear. B/c the basics of each religion that I'm familiar with are pretty good.

What voodoo?

The people who wrote the bible herded goats, believed in witchcraft and thought the earth was flat. Superstition never has turned me on much.

why waste time with a book so full of myths when there are so many facts in this world to absorb?
How do you know it's a myth? Because you've never seen Him?

I've never seen George Washington either, only paintings and stories from people who lived during that time. Should I not believe in him either?

Even if you dug up G.W.'s bones, I could still say those could be anyones' bones.

You don't believe in God but you prolly believe in Alien life forms dontcha'? Ever see an alien?

Explain the difference please! :lol:

The story of Goerge Washington is very believable and theres alot of evidence to back it up. The bible on the other hand is not believable at all, in fact i would say its an impossibility that everything in the bible is true. Once you can admit that not everything in it is true, the whole thing kinda starts to unravel. Magic men parting seas and walking on water? Get the fuck out of here. Thats silly talk.

Last edited:
Dragon--

You may be looking for God in all the wrong places.

Come and check out the Testimony in Song thread here in the Religion forum.

It's got something for everyone.

sky
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgFDv_4oKsw]Eddie murphy - Saturday Night Live.- Buckwheat - YouTube[/ame]

why waste time with a book so full of myths when there are so many facts in this world to absorb?
Look in the mirror, you will see the biggest myth of them all, you.

wow brilliant, you claim I dont exsist.

This is same dilligent fact finding by which you determine that god is real.

by denying obvious fact and just pretending whatever you wish.

Perhaps you're missing a more subtle point. Proving that the self, the "soul", the "mind" - whatever it is you're referring to when you say "I" - exists isn't as easy as you might think.

Poor Dragon. Simply can't tolerate the idea of a power higher than himself.

The classic conservative: unable to abide dissent, the unpopular, the minority view. The petty intolerance of the right is both remarkable and the bane of this Nation.
Oh, that's right: You're operating under the leftist definition of tolerance -- immediate and unquestioning acceptance and endorsement. Anything less is oppression.

I mean the God of traditional Christian theology, of course. Consider:

1) He made human beings fallible, then expected them to be perfect.

2) Because they sought the knowledge of good and evil -- that is, tried to develop a conscience -- he condemned not only those who did this, but all of their descendants, to be tortured forever and ever.

3) For thousands of years, everyone (with perhaps a very few exceptions -- theory isn't clear on this) were sentenced to be tortured forever and ever, since he had designed everyone to be perfect but judged them according to an unachievable standard.

4) After thousands of years and millions of victims, who were screaming endlessly under horrible tortures, doubtless to his pleasure and satisfaction, he sent his son to assume human form and be tortured to death. Apparently, although we're not told why, this was sufficient to appease the divine blood-lust.

5) Meanwhile, all those millions of victims continued to scream endlessly under horrible torture.

6) Although Jesus' being whipped with cords studded with sharp metal so that his flesh was ripped apart and then nailed to a piece of wood to die slowly over several hours supposedly appeased the divine sadism, most people continued to be condemned to scream forever under horrible tortures, as the only ones who could take advantage of Jesus' being abused in this way were those who believed in this story (which was offered without evidence) and submitted to the authority of the Church. (Although there is some dispute about that last minor point.)

This, we are told, is the creator of the universe, perfectly good, perfectly wise, and all-powerful. We are asked to believe that the sublime all-in-all is worse by far than any mere human despot, who must be content with torturing people for only finite amounts of time.

In fairness, it's not unlikely that someone like Torquemada or Hitler would have had people screaming endlessly under horrible tortures, too, were that humanly possible. So perhaps God is not actually morally worse than the worst examples of human depravity, but merely endowed with power that gives his depravity more dreadful consequences.

Be that as it may, it is reasonable to question whether this conception of God makes any sense -- and by that I mean, on this occasion, not logical or scientific sense, but moral sense.

Whenever I hear the statement, "For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son," and I remember the divine blood-lust and cruelty and smarmy pretense that is supposed to accompany this "gift," I want to puke.

Poor boy in search of attention.

This reminds me of a boy with purple hair he was screaming for attention.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back