God is a Monstrous, Evil, Bloodthirsty Tyrant

All you do is demonstrate you have no understanding at all.

What you demonstrate with this kind of post is that you have no argument at all; otherwise, you would present it.

]
God loves all mankind. He will punish those that refuse his gift of salvation thru Jesus Christ. I just get angry when someone blatantly curses and refutes GOD.

Ah, but you misunderstand. I am NOT cursing God. I am cursing a LIE that says that God is the bloodthirsty, monstrous tyrant that I have described.

I am cursing the LIES of the Christian religion, promulgated to reinforce the power of human institutions, to put the mind of man in shackles, and to keep man and God apart.

why waste time with a book so full of myths when there are so many facts in this world to absorb?
Look in the mirror, you will see the biggest myth of them all, you.

wow brilliant, you claim I dont exsist.

This is same dilligent fact finding by which you determine that god is real.

by denying obvious fact and just pretending whatever you wish.

I'd say its not entirely unreasonable to suggest that the OT GOD is something of a dick for the reasons you've outlined.

That being said, why do you care?
Some people are incredibly intolerant of those who believe differently than they do.

Really dave? Demonstrate a tolerant attitude toward those with a different view from yours.

Lead by example.

Then shut up and puke already. You are so full of it you defecate out your mouth constantly.

Why does this poster's view make you so angry? Do you think God cares if he's insulted?

Do you think God loves YOU more and Dragon less?
God loves all mankind. He will punish those that refuse his gift of salvation thru Jesus Christ. I just get angry when someone blatantly curses and refutes GOD. But in the end it will be the unbelievers that will see the truth and howl in pain. I would love to see everyone in heaven even you and Dragon, but I know God gave man free will. I just keep on praying for everyone. Peace.

You might look at why you get angry when someone curses God. Does God get angry?

I don't think God is punishing, but you do. That's what some of us reject, the idea of a punishing versus a loving God.

Your ideas of who God loves are pretty limiting. God only loves you and yours. YOUR God punishes anyone who disagrees with your view. The only way to "salvation" in your view is to converst to YOUR religion.

Last edited:
Actually, your views are very much like mine. I'm sorry if what I said gave that impression. I am not, in fact, an atheist. But I am an implacable opponent of doctrinaire, dogmatic, authoritarian religion, for much the same reason as Jefferson penned to a collateral ancestor of mine: "For I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." And also, I reject utterly all that places a barrier between the soul and awareness of the divine, and doctrinaire religion does a better job of that than anything else I can think of.

You and I agree on something? I am unsure if that's cause for hope or terror. :wink_2: Your last sentence especially I strongly concur with, BTW. I am strongly of the opinion that people should ignore the teachings of the church as it creates a relationship with God based upon the terms of the church instead of the terms of the individual. The former is not faith, it is obedience and that interferes with a personal relationship. The latter fosters a personal relationship with God. However, after many years (and seriously causing some people to have a major crisis of faith because I insisted upon showing them fallacies within their church's teachings) I finally concluded that it's best if I let people figure that out on their own. :D

Is it coincidence that the government, the church and banks are the richest entities on earth. Is it fair that not only do churches operate in the clear but they also operate tax free. I wouldn't give any of them enough warm piss to take a pill.

I would tend to agree, but that's organized religion (and organized central government). There's a big difference between "religion" and "spirituality". I am generally of the opinion that few things have benefited society as much as a good strong spirituality among the members of society. I am also strongly of the opinion that few things have as completely fucked up society as much as an organized church (or government for that matter).

So again, I agree with certain aspects of your arguments and that of others, but to go from observing the contradictions and hypocrisies of "the church" to complete rejection of spirituality seems to be a heck of a leap. Just my opinion.

I don't know whether or not there's anything after death........I strongly doubt it. One thing I am sure of.....if there is something every last one of us, maybe animals too, will get an even shot at it. Not just those who believe some ancient nonsense which came from the developing imagination of primitives during the stone age who believed in witchcraft and thought the earth was flat.

I don't know whether or not there's anything after death........I strongly doubt it.

Well I suppose we will both know when we die. If I am right I will get to rub your nose in it in the afterlife, and if you are right neither of us will care. But my chances of being able to gloat about it seem better than yours. :D

I don't know whether or not there's anything after death........I strongly doubt it.

Well I suppose we will both know when we die. If I am right I will get to rub your nose in it in the afterlife, and if you are right neither of us will care. But my chances of being able to gloat about it seem better than yours. :D

Prove it.....when a person dies they're dead. That's why they call it dying. Do you reali e how goddam stupid it is for someone to actually talk about an afterlife. I'd sooner believe my neighbor was picked up by aliens and taken to another galaxy for a physical. Only two types of people believe in an afterlife. Those who were totally and helplessly brainwashed when they were an infant or small child and those who are very naive. 'Course the average IQ is 100. That means there are as many with an IQ below 100 as there are with one above. 100 ain't your sharpest knife in the drawer.

Last edited:
As with God, the only evidence for survival of consciousness beyond death is subjective. It involves an understanding that consciousness is strange to begin with, and we don't have a model for what it is or where it comes from. (All brain-related models are actually modeling something else, like self-recognition or the ability to process information, any of which could be happening without any subjective consciousness at all. Consciousness cannot even be studied by science, because there is no test possible to verify that it even exists. It is inherently subjective, and thus not possible to study objectively.)

It also involves an awareness that the normal conception of who "I" am is an illusion. The realization that the line drawn between I and not-I is arbitrary raises all kinds of issues regarding our assumptions about many things in life, including where the temporal (as well as spatial) boundaries of consciousness lie.

As with God, the only evidence for survival of consciousness beyond death is subjective. It involves an understanding that consciousness is strange to begin with, and we don't have a model for what it is or where it comes from. (All brain-related models are actually modeling something else, like self-recognition or the ability to process information, any of which could be happening without any subjective consciousness at all. Consciousness cannot even be studied by science, because there is no test possible to verify that it even exists. It is inherently subjective, and thus not possible to study objectively.)

It also involves an awareness that the normal conception of who "I" am is an illusion. The realization that the line drawn between I and not-I is arbitrary raises all kinds of issues regarding our assumptions about many things in life, including where the temporal (as well as spatial) boundaries of consciousness lie.
So what do you believe in? Is all you see around you an accident?
Have you ever gone outside on a moonless night and looked at the stars. How did they get there?
What intelligence caused the right materials, in the right concentrations so that the big bang worked the way it did?
Are you in control of your destiny?
Who or what caused gravity?
You have spent the better part of the day ridiculing the beliefs of a good many of us. Give us an equal shot to criticize what you hold dear.

Have you ever gone outside on a moonless night and looked at the stars. How did they get there?
What intelligence caused the right materials, in the right concentrations so that the big bang worked the way it did?
You have spent the better part of the day ridiculing the beliefs of a good many of us. Give us an equal shot to criticize what you hold dear.

LMAO!!!!

GAWD was killed in the big bang. It isn't my fault....I told him to quit screwing around with that hydrogen and plutonium.

Well if you created someone in your image and likeness. Then they decided to jack it all up and become something you never intended for them to become now you have to come down from heaven and be tortured to pay the price of sin. You might be cranky too.

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer."
Benjamin Franklin .

Franklin owned slaves

Ok. His message still stands as fact. Besides at that time slaves were not people they were property hence not the poor being referred to

That depends on your perspective.

Are you asking this specifically about the stars within the context of material existence, or about material existence generally?

Are you sure it wasn't the other way around?

What precisely do you mean by "you"?

Do you mean what causes gravity within the context of physics, or the larger question of what causes physical reality to exist?

I've answered every question with a question because none of these questions are simple, and what is meant by them is seldom understood in all its ramifications.

In general, I would say that there are questions that are appropriately answered by scientific method and those that are outside the purview of science. I could actually have answered your questions simplistically by reference to science, since in one slant (which you may or may not have intended) each of them could be a scientific question, with the possible exception of whether I am in control of my destiny. For example, how the stars got there could be answered by saying that each of them coalesced from matter that was dispersed in space until they became massive enough, and so generated enough gravity, to compress hydrogen to a temperature and pressure necessary to initiate fusion.

But that's to avoid the mystery that underlies all this, and it's that mystery, not the simple scientific questions, that touches upon spirituality.

Prove it.....when a person dies they're dead. That's why they call it dying. .

Oh don't be such a dick. Neither of us can prove a damned thing. Hence why I said we will find out when we're dead. If you wish to hold contempt for those with different beliefs, knock yourself out.

Do you reali e how goddam stupid it is for someone to actually talk about an afterlife. I'd sooner believe my neighbor was picked up by aliens and taken to another galaxy for a physical.

You you realize how god damned crazy it is to say that light exists as both a wave and a particle simultaneously until it's forced to define itself as one or the other through measurement or observation? But that's what happens isn't it? Just because understanding of why and how things work they way they do often elude us, it doesn't mean someone is stupid for suggesting a hypothesis.

Do you reali e how goddam stupid it is for someone to actually talk about an afterlife. I'd sooner believe my neighbor was picked up by aliens and taken to another galaxy for a physical.

How about this....do you realize how insane it sounds to suggest that the mathematical problems with gravity can be solved if you consider that gravitrons are closed strings that influence alternate dimensional realities by passing from one brane to the other and acting as anti-gravity in another dimensional reality? But that's the cutting edge theory right now isn't it? Think they will ever prove that one? If that can be accepted as a legitimate theory by the scientific community, why is it that God cannot be accepted at least as a legitimate theory as well?

All you do is demonstrate you have no understanding at all.

What you demonstrate with this kind of post is that you have no argument at all; otherwise, you would present it.
Why bother? It's not like you have an open mind. Don't pretend you do.

Tell me, how many people have you talked into renouncement their faith? If it's anything other than zero, you're lying.

How do I know this? Because you have no understanding of faith. Period.

Forum List

Back