God Damnit USMB.....Will you fix it?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
I understand you needed to upgrade the software. But after months since the changeover, we still have that endless scrolling as a thread keeps building.

Either fix it or go back to the old format.

I understand you needed to upgrade the software. But after months since the changeover, we still have that endless scrolling as a thread keeps building.

on that i will agree some of them are pretty dam long....
Seems they are now just ignoring the problem and blaming the posters for not terminating a thread

I have only been on here since late November, but since the change over, have noted increased wait times to change screens, go to a post, even to access member screen and the green line lazer GUI to let you know it is actually trying before it sometimes times out and gives up. I click another tab open to check the internet and other website pop up like lightening. Not my ISP or home wifi problem. USMB definitely has a problem. Saw post from some jerk saying he was leaving (did not care for his point of view anyway) partly due to the efficiency of the board program. Really suspect he was unhappy because he wasn't getting enough back enough good ole boy back slapping for his point of view, eloquence (or lack there of), but he did mention the board service issue.

on that i will agree some of them are pretty dam long....
Seems they are now just ignoring the problem and blaming the posters for not terminating a thread
i was on one that i could not believe how long it was.......some of them are pretty long....

I don't know why this is so hard to understand: do not reply to a post that is already 7 or 8 posts deep. Just copy the line(s) you want to address and replay to the thread instead of a post, pasting in only the part you want to talk about. Look - the software is written to show the post you are replying to AND the posts it replied to; if all you want to talk about is something in the last post then do the cut and paste and save us all a lot of needless scrolling.

I don't know why this is so hard to understand: do not reply to a post that is already 7 or 8 posts deep. Just copy the line(s) you want to address and replay to the thread instead of a post, pasting in only the part you want to talk about. Look - the software is written to show the post you are replying to AND the posts it replied to; if all you want to talk about is something in the last post then do the cut and paste and save us all a lot of needless scrolling.
A lot of time, you don’t know how deep a thread is when you hit reply.
Or else, someone replies to you and you click to see what you posted and get swamped.

Look at it first.... :dunno:

Or else, someone replies to you and you click to see what you posted and get swamped.

Not being a dick, okay? But when you see "click to expand", take the hint and don't expand. And don't replay to that post either, just cut and paste the part you want to talk about.

Go some where else scum bag or just copy the part you want to quote like they told us.

Changing to the member screen or going to start / answer a private message does not involve long threads. Re-clicking the active topics to make the alerts update when working multiple threads does not involve long threads. Never wrote a program longer than 1000 lines and sometimes used very long lines, but never wrote a program that when finished, timed out searching for an array to locate it's next instruction, output or input. Just sayin.

Not being a dick, okay? But when you see "click to expand", take the hint and don't expand. And don't replay to that post either, just cut and paste the part you want to talk about.
Why should I have to?

I should be able to look at what I am replying to without being swamped with irrelevant posts.

For crying out loud USMB.......Fix it

Have to agree with his complaint here, there is usually a quote nesting limit in forums that use nesting threads, wonder why they don't set a limit?

This should be an easy fix in the admin board.

The old Xenforo 1.5 format was officially ended May 31, 2019. That is why they had to Upgrade to the 2.0 series, which they were long overdue on this forum.

Reminder: XenForo 1.5 End of Life Schedule

LINK

Last edited:

Forum List

Back