God Damnit USMB.....Will you fix it?

I don't know why this is so hard to understand: do not reply to a post that is already 7 or 8 posts deep. Just copy the line(s) you want to address and replay to the thread instead of a post, pasting in only the part you want to talk about. Look - the software is written to show the post you are replying to AND the posts it replied to; if all you want to talk about is something in the last post then do the cut and paste and save us all a lot of needless scrolling.

A lot of time, you don’t know how deep a thread is when you hit reply.
Or else, someone replies to you and you click to see what you posted and get swamped.

You know it EVERYTIME you hit reply, because the entire mess is copied to EDITOR... It's right there while you're POUNDING out you next brilliant reply...

I think the reason we're NOT getting more volunteers to do this selective quoting, or breaking up nests when they SEE THEM and get irate is --- because MOBILE SUCKS for highlighting text and hitting TINY BUTTONS... It's harder to DO selective quoting on mobile, it's harder to put more than 1000 characters on the SCREEN at any time...
So the answer is.............Suck it up

We have a work around. Not a fix

I KNOW it's harder to do on mobile, but YEAH... Xenforo BETTER respond to the FUNDAMENTAL flaw. And I suppose their human resources have been "confined to quarters" like the REST of America for the past 3 months.. I get no joy from nearly ANY company or business that is just BARELY operating under the Covid plague..

It isn't a 'workaround' to use what is in front of you: + quote.

USMB is putting the burden on posters to work around a crappy SW upgrade.

The previous version worked better and had more features. Other message boards manage to function without this nesting problem.

I don't know why this is so hard to understand: do not reply to a post that is already 7 or 8 posts deep. Just copy the line(s) you want to address and replay to the thread instead of a post, pasting in only the part you want to talk about. Look - the software is written to show the post you are replying to AND the posts it replied to; if all you want to talk about is something in the last post then do the cut and paste and save us all a lot of needless scrolling.

A lot of time, you don’t know how deep a thread is when you hit reply.
Or else, someone replies to you and you click to see what you posted and get swamped.

You know it EVERYTIME you hit reply, because the entire mess is copied to EDITOR... It's right there while you're POUNDING out you next brilliant reply...

I think the reason we're NOT getting more volunteers to do this selective quoting, or breaking up nests when they SEE THEM and get irate is --- because MOBILE SUCKS for highlighting text and hitting TINY BUTTONS... It's harder to DO selective quoting on mobile, it's harder to put more than 1000 characters on the SCREEN at any time...

We have a work around. Not a fix

I KNOW it's harder to do on mobile, but YEAH... Xenforo BETTER respond to the FUNDAMENTAL flaw. And I suppose their human resources have been "confined to quarters" like the REST of America for the past 3 months.. I get no joy from nearly ANY company or business that is just BARELY operating under the Covid plague..
SW geeks can work from home or the work can be farmed out to India. Seems like a basic control function that can be implemented at the site or user level.
This version sucks and created more problems than it solved.

Yes suck it up and only reply to the sentence you want to respond to.

Or is that too complicated for you .........Stop Whining.

th

There's other options as far as boards. There's always the old standard ProBoards, and you can get straight into the coding with those.

I'm surprised that you can't get into the coding on this big fancy pay board. I guess you get more control with a free board than you do one you pay for.

Course this forum started out with vBulletin, another highly customizable board software program. Why not go back to that?

Last edited:
Get me an admin password. I can fix the shit in a few hours and it wont need to be offline Pics are another than need auto adjust instead of this thimbnail/full/size/make all full size. Bullshit. Click it, set it to 800 and let it roll. No "multi quote". Axe that shit and stick with the quote of the post you're responding to. Ditch Niigggaaaahhh and kuuunnnnt from the spell check ******* too

Just copy the line(s) you want to address

and or - highlight the specific words or sentences you want to comment on and then scroll to the bottom and hit “insert quotes”

I should be able to look at what I am replying to without being swamped with irrelevant posts.

Then hit “quote messages”

And then write your reply:

Must be worried about hiden' Biden's inability to answer in a coherent sentence any question

TrumpO cannot write a coherent or fact checkable tweet. Cant lift a glass of water to his mouth with one hand or walk down a ramp so his goons ought to stop with the Biden is too old Russian bot programming.

Forum List

Back