God Damn !! - Maus banned in Tennnessee for curse words like "God damn!!"

Like your standing in an issue that affects no one other than the parents and students of that school district. IOW, STFU, this ain't England.
No, the decision on the book affects the entire country.
There is no way to deny that the extremist far right would attempt to censor the holocaust story.

And a smaller faction of the left who will do the same.

In fact, the topic provides an opportunity for everyone to air their opinions. At their own peril C.A.p.

The question is Tommy, why would they even want to ban the holocaust story and why would some people on this board support the banning?

It's obviously nothing to do with a naked mouse!
Perhaps some of our members of the forum will tell us why?
Perhaps they woud like a more balanced book that outlines the more positive aspects of the Holocaust ? The stuff that never gets talked about like swimming pools and tennis courts .

I dont know if that is the case but it got me thi nking about these school boards. They dont seem to have any educators on them, people who can contextualise the curriculum for the lay members. That might stop some of theese bonehead decisions.At the moment they seem to be taking the kids backward.

Perhaps they woud like a more balanced book that outlines the more positive aspects of the Holocaust ? The stuff that never gets talked about like swimming pools and tennis courts .
Yes, I think so too. Just the mention of those, presents a challenge to the extremists., be they American extremists or others?
I dont know if that is the case but it got me thi nking about these school boards. They dont seem to have any educators on them, people who can contextualise the curriculum for the lay members. That might stop some of theese bonehead decisions.At the moment they seem to be taking the kids backward.
I'm still learning about attitudes in states such as Tennessee. I think I'll always be learning as attitudes evolve. This thread provided an opportunity to learn even faster.

Yes, I think so too. Just the mention of those, presents a challenge to the extremists., be they American extremists or others?

I'm still learning about attitudes in states such as Tennessee. I think I'll always be learning as attitudes evolve. This thread provided an opportunity to learn even faster.

Oh good grief, nobody is saying the horrors of the Holocaust shouldn't be taught. There's tons of material about it out there, pick another book and stop bawling

8 curse words and a drawing of a NAKED female mouse.

Its not the end of the world but it is a signpost on the way. One of the board commented that there was a lot of unpleasant stuff in the Pulitzer Prize winning book. There must be a way to depict the Holocaust without subjecting the kids to unpleasentness.

Its easy to mock these people but I am sure they are genuinely doing what they think is best for the kids. But really.....................

They have standards in Tennessee, Tommy.

I don't know why they can't get an intern to take a Sharpie and black out "damn" and draw a bikini on the mousette.

Oh good grief, nobody is saying the horrors of the Holocaust shouldn't be taught. There's tons of material about it out there, pick another book and stop bawling
I think there can only be one reason why the book isn't accepted willingly. But I will wait to learn from the comments here.
You register as denial of any holocaust denial.

I think there can only be one reason why the book isn't accepted willingly. But I will wait to learn from the comments here.
You register as denial of any holocaust denial.

Spit it out or shush already with your gibberish

County

I don't know why they can't get an intern to take a Sharpie and black out "damn" and draw a bikini on the mousette.
Ive never read the book but it is highly regarded and has stood the test of time.Banning it seems an act of cultural vandalism.
The minutes read like a load of folk trying to out do their neighbours in protecting "the kidz" whilst making MOmo County a place that people like to get away from.

Forum List

Back