God and Evidence.

In my philosophy the physical universe is not all that exists. There are many higher planes of existence and at the highest level above all other things God exists eternally.

In my philosophy the physical universe is not all that exists. There are many higher planes of existence and at the highest level above all other things God exists eternally.
Eternally means without time so I would agree God exists in a timeless state, apart from time and the physical properties of the universe, energy, are part of his existence. At least that's the way he explained it to me.

Eternally means without time so I would agree God exists in a timeless state, apart from time and the physical properties of the universe, energy, are part of his existence. At least that's the way he explained it to me.
There are many higher planes of existence ... Eternally means without time

the above is a specific reference, the Everlasting and does not imply a specific being, an Almighty but does not rule out there being a Supreme being or the possibilities of the above may not be accomplished by any Spirit that finds a way to prevail over time.

"God is the source of creation."

The major philosophical problem with that is ... Who/what created God?
And on & on ...

The simple answer to that is that God has always existed. Although I admit that God always having existed is incomprehensible. But it is the same kind of problem as what existed before the universe. According to occult theology the universe is created and destroyed in an eternal cycle.

---
"God has always existed."
:banghead:
Yes, that is incomprehensible!
Therefore, why even go there when you can't possibly know?
Why pretend you know?

In my opinion, without a comprehensible concept of a "god" and its origins/purpose, one should be honest and agnostic.

And on & on ...

The simple answer to that is that God has always existed. Although I admit that God always having existed is incomprehensible. But it is the same kind of problem as what existed before the universe. According to occult theology the universe is created and destroyed in an eternal cycle.

---
Why pretend you know?

In my opinion, without a comprehensible concept of a "god" and its origins/purpose, one should be honest and agnostic.

I realize this wasn't directed at me, but I am going to answer anyhow as a man of faith. I don't know. I believe certain things according to my life experiences, my ability to rationalize (or failure to rationalize as certain cases may be) specific events in my life, and according to conclusions I have reached through meditation and communication with my true inner-self. I have personal beliefs. I could be wrong. I don't think I am but I could be. But that's the difference. For me, self-verification is all I require to hold a given belief about God. Others require smoking guns. That is up to them and they have no more right to tell me what I should, can, or ought to believe...or what is reasonable or rational to conclude as it relates to something that by nature cannot be proven, than I do to dictate to them.

I suspect that god is an eight year old, and we are his neglected ant colony. He went out to play thousands of years ago, and now plays stick ball in the street with his god friends....

And on & on ...

---
Why pretend you know?

I spent year's listening to the trance lectures of famous spiritualist mediums, and they nearly all teach that God has always existed. I cannot confirm this for myself, so I have to take their word for it.

I spent year's listening to the trance lectures of famous spiritualist mediums, and they nearly all teach that God has always existed. I cannot confirm this for myself, so I have to take their word for it.
Why take anyone's word for anything they can't prove? They just made it up or they're repeating shit someone else made up.

a little curious if everyone must believe the Almighty God that created (our) universe need be without inception or necessarily the creator of all universes per their existence ?

a little curious if everyone must believe the Almighty God that created (our) universe need be without inception or necessarily the creator of all universes per their existence ?
If there are more universes they would be all part of "the universe". How God could have always existed is above my pay grade. But I have argued with atheists that claim God had to have a beginning. I ask about the universe's beginning and they say "Oh, it was always here".

And on & on ...

---
Why pretend you know?

---
How do you know that they know more than you? Often they do not, but pretend they do.

My approach is:
Think for yourself and question "authority".
That's the scientific approach, and one in philosophy too (epistemology).

If there are more universes they would be all part of "the universe". How God could have always existed is above my pay grade. But I have argued with atheists that claim God had to have a beginning. I ask about the universe's beginning and they say "Oh, it was always here".
If there are more universes they would be all part of "the universe".

My reference would be within the Everlasting, where all else is physical and / or definable .... each universe with separate beginnings.

In order to answer that question we would have to know what God's goal was/is.

I tend to think that God doesn't makes mistakes so much as he is bound by His own laws. If God says "it is so" then He's pretty much stuck. I give Him the credit of knowing what the consequences are and choosing the best option but God has created a relative universe meaning that all actions have reactions.

So what's the best option? :dunno:

Was the systematic annihilation of Neanderthal and their displacement in what became Europe the will of God?

They had religion. They recognized the possibility of God.

Was the Creation of Neanderthal a divine mistake and their reign on earth a waste of Time?

Does the story of Earth LOOK like the slow execution of some grand plan anchored in Peace?

:eusa_think:

I'm pretty sure the evidence has shown that the Neanderthal was assimilated...

Modern humans and Neanderthals interbred in Europe, an analysis of 40,000-year-old DNA suggests.

The study suggests an early Homo sapiens settler in Europe harboured a Neanderthal ancestor just a few generations back in his family line.

Previous work has shown our ancestors had interbred with Neanderthals 55,000 years ago, possibly in the Middle East.

The new results reveal there was additional mixing once modern humans pushed north into Europe.

An international team of researchers has published its analysis of the ancient European genome in Nature journal.

Modern humans and Neanderthals 'interbred in Europe' - BBC News
Just another link in God's Grand Plan...

"God", for lack of a better term, is possible. It's a big fucking universe after all.

If God is, would such a being have regrets?

Is the fact of not-quite-human creatures like Neanderthal living on Earth for tens of thousands of years evidence that the image of a perfect God may not be reflected in modern humans, or evidence that God makes mistakes?
---
This thread's Topic is God & Evidence.
Obviously, there is no clear "evidence" for a god, let alone "God". We make lots of anthropomorphic assumptions about our universe's origins & its creator(s).

Granted, something must explain our origins. However, given our limited biological senses and intellect, we have to admit that our lives are microscopic in relation to the known universe, and even more microscopic when we contemplate the unknown beyond the known.

Why not be honest and admit that we don't know? And until we get some confirming evidence, we should accept our ignorance!
That's the agnostic position.

"We can be as honest as we are ignorant. If we are, when asked what is beyond the horizon of the known, we must say that we do not know."

---
How do you know that they know more than you? Often they do not, but pretend they do.

My approach is:

Let me make clear what a trance medium is. They go into a trance and purportedly, their body is taken over by a discarnate spirit who speaks through their mouth. I attended the trance lectures of Ursula Roberts at the spiritualist association in London for a number of years. She had a spirit guide named Ramadahn who supposedly spoke through her mouth. I also attended trance lectures by Ivy Northage, and I went to the white eagle lodge which was founded by Grace Cook, another trance medium.
My views on God and the spirit world come largely from attending all those trance lectures. Either you believe what they said or you do not, but a discarnate spirit should know more about God than us mortals.

---

My approach is:

Let me make clear what a trance medium is. They go into a trance and purportedly, their body is taken over by a discarnate spirit who speaks through their mouth. I attended the trance lectures of Ursula Roberts at the spiritualist association in London for a number of years. She had a spirit guide named Ramadahn who supposedly spoke through her mouth. I also attended trance lectures by Ivy Northage, and I went to the white eagle lodge which was founded by Grace Cook, another trance medium.
My views on God and the spirit world come largely from attending all those trance lectures. Either you believe what they said or you do not, but a discarnate spirit should know more about God than us mortals.

---
Did someone ask those "spirit guides" where God came from, and what its purpose is?

I would be more likely to believe in such a medium if the spirit predicted what would happen tomorrow that's not predictable by humans.

Without above guidance, i believe that.spirits do not exist.
They're make believe.

God is limited, I believe, yes. If God were all powerful, Jeremiah would not be allowed to speak for God.
When we put the 14 billion years on a football field humans represent the size of your hand. Put your hand on a football field and grasp that. Another hand before humans dinosaurs ruled. Another hand worth before dinosaurs trilobites ruled the earth. One more hand the first life on earth. We don't know how exactly that started.

But knowing what we know, it is insane to think a perfect God made the universe for us. We are so small and insignificant. The truth is so much better.

---

My approach is:

Christians warn against these people. They are demons and evil. And they can quote where it says it in the bible.

Jusus said the next dead guy coming back is him.

Forum List

Back