God and Evidence.

Did someone ask those "spirit guides" where God came from, and what its purpose is?

I would be more likely to believe in such a medium if the spirit predicted what would happen tomorrow that's not predictable by humans.

Without above guidance, i believe that.spirits do not exist.
They're make believe.

Give me a prophet with consistent short-term stock market tips and I'll BELIEVE!!! :thup:

"God", for lack of a better term, is possible. It's a big fucking universe after all.

If God is, would such a being have regrets?

Is the fact of not-quite-human creatures like Neanderthal living on Earth for tens of thousands of years evidence that the image of a perfect God may not be reflected in modern humans, or evidence that God makes mistakes?

I love that part about the "Trinity"
If he's god why did he need a son?
Why did ne need a ghost?
Why did he need a damn thing associated with normal humans?
Those old sheep herders had one helluva developing imagination.

Besides that I don't believe in ghosts.....holy or otherwise. Once when I was in my mid teens a Bud of mine bet me $20 that I wouldn't spend a night in the cemetery where his grandmother was buried. I not only spent the night there I slept on his Mammy's grave.

(by the way....in 1950 $20 was quite a bit of money for a teenager.)

"God and Evidence"

An oxymoron if there ever was one.

---
Depends on definition of "evidence".
For faith-oriented folks, the "fine tuning" of the universe is sufficient evidence, yet the tons of scientific evidence on bio evolution is not (except for BioLogos disciples).

The traditional faith folks believe what makes them feel good, and they fine-tune their "evidence" to reflect their hedonistic beliefs.

The traditional faith folks believe what makes them feel good, and they fine-tune their "evidence" to reflect their hedonistic beliefs.
All folks, religious and non-, fine tune their cognitive dissonance to live their lives as they wish.

All folks, religious and non-, fine tune their cognitive dissonance to live their lives as they wish.

Yep! When somebody thinks the invisible man has spoken to them they were speaking to themselves:

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all eternity, to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we can dimly perceive, and to try humbly to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature"

~Albert Einstein~
(excerpt from his obituary, NY Times)

"And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding"

~Thomas Jefferson~
(excerpt from a letter to John Adams....April 1823)

• Thanks
Reactions: PK1

---
Agreed, but that's like saying ALL folks eat food when hungry to "live their lives as they wish", which is true.

However, i implied that some folks (super faith) are satisfied eating junk "food", while others (evidence oriented) prefer to satisfy their palate with healthier cuisine.

Forum List

Back