Go right ahead get rid of the filibuster it's an awesome idea

The Democrats will never learn. Just like a child who steals a chocolate bar and doesn't care about getting caught until he gets caught. The left is always been about instant gratification with absolutely no consideration for the long-term effect. Conservatism is growing in this country not progressivism. A few years ago I would have said you were crazy if you told me that.... But there's no question in my mind any longer that people of belching up the indigestible everything goes culture in favor of structure. So go ahead get rid of the filibuster and then cry like the little bitches you are later on when you wish the hell you didn't do it.

Progressive and conservative are not necessarily opposites or even slightly at odds.
Conservative can mean balanced budgets and constitutional safeties, while progressive can mean more fair taxes, better public education and health care.
No conflict at all.
Private education and health care costs everyone much more and had much less accountability.

Compromise is anathema in Washington. As long as the filibuster is in play, it will take near supermajorities to get bills passed….

Considering how badly congress is doing things, that may not be a bad thing.
The main things I would want passed would to end previous congressional mistakes, like the War on Drugs, asset forfeiture, mandated sentences, etc.

It goes beyond Manchin, it goes to the future of the Senate

The Senate is broken. Ending the filibuster will fix that
Manchin can still oppose a bill in the open vote

The senate is not and can not ever be broken.
Nor is ending the filibuster a good idea, since it is essential to what ever party is the temporary minority.

What is broken are both parties, equally.
Neither party has done any good in decades, and both have done great harm.
We likely would be better off with no federal government at all, or with no political parties.

I don’t give a shit

I want to end it for both sides

No, we want to keep it difficult to get legislation passed.
Most legislation is more harmful than good.
The federal government is not supposed to do things like drugs, health care, firearms, law enforcement, education, etc., because it does them badly and at high costs.
The constitution did not give federal jurisdiction over any of these.

Progressive and conservative are not necessarily opposites or even slightly at odds.
Conservative can mean balanced budgets and constitutional safeties, while progressive can mean more fair taxes, better public education and health care.
No conflict at all.
Private education and health care costs everyone much more and had much less accountability.
Actually, they ARE at odds. Progressivism is the short track to Communism and needs to be eliminated. Public Indoctrination centers are pumping out kids who can't read past a 3rd grade level, government run healthcare always proves to be a disaster. Sorry, but pure Conservatism ALWAYS works.

But not likely for the better.
The filibuster has always worked, so there are other problems to look at instead.
No, the filibuster doesn’t work

It gridlocks the Senate and gives the minority Veto power on all laws

Oh, he had choices. He could have worked WITH the opposition, but didn't want to.
Like name Mitch’s judges?

Up until McConnell, Presidents were given authority to name judges with minimal descent

Mitch blocked EVERY judge and a Supreme Court Justice

Like name Mitch’s judges?

Up until McConnell, Presidents were given authority to name judges with minimal descent

Mitch blocked EVERY judge and a Supreme Court Justice
And Reid refused to budge on what he wanted, so he changed the rules instead of finding common ground. You know, through deals and debates, like the Senate is supposed to operate. Now the rules are being thrown out the window and, of course, democrats will scream bloody murder when it comes back to bite them in the butt. It's what they do because they cannot see beyond the here and now.

I say,get rid of the filibuster. Let the Senate start functioning again.
Don't have to. Just make it function the way it was intended to. Things might get slowed down, but there's no way a filibuster was ever intended to last months. Of course, getting rid of more democrats can only help, but that's an election thing.

And Reid refused to budge on what he wanted, so he changed the rules instead of finding common ground. You know, through deals and debates, like the Senate is supposed to operate. Now the rules are being thrown out the window and, of course, democrats will scream bloody murder when it comes back to bite them in the butt. It's what they do because they cannot see beyond the here and now.
What did McConnell want other than to block Obama from appointing judges?
Reid repeatedly warned McConnell that he would implement the nuclear option if McConnell didn’t stop blocking appointments.
But McConnell just kept on doing it

And Reid refused to budge on what he wanted, so he changed the rules instead of finding common ground.
Because the opposition made it clear that they would not compromise or vote for any of the nominees.

So you can take those compromise fantasies walking.

I remember how Mitch promised the GOP would change the rule back, once they got the Senate majority.

What happened?

i don't give a fuck who is what. we have rules, follow them.

it's a far bigger act of idiocy to keep demanding the rules are always in your favor and whoever tells you NO is evil.

you need a new schtick.
You’re losing it Humper.

Oh, he had choices. He could have worked WITH the opposition, but didn't want to.
Nope, the white supremest GOP of which McConnell is a part, would never work with accepting Obama nominees. The follow up birther presidency of Trump is just an extension of what the gop is today. White men trying to hold onto power.

Forum List

Back