Go right ahead get rid of the filibuster it's an awesome idea

What??? You're advocating a return to the middle?

I have always advocated more power to the middle
Today they are being driven from both parties and trivialized.

I would like to see a bipartisan moderate caucus that could make sure nothing gets done without their buy in

Collins, Murkowsky the Polack, and other spineless sellouts don't belong in the GOP.

Be careful what you wish for
Better to have someone who supports your agenda 75 percent of the time than a Democrat who supports your agenda 0 percent of the time

I have always advocated more power to the middle
Today they are being driven from both parties and trivialized.

I would like to see a bipartisan moderate caucus that could make sure nothing gets done without their buy in
I think I would prefer multiple parties that have to be convinced so a coalition has to be formed to move legislation, not just two parties under the powerful thumbs of two egotistical politicians.

I think I would prefer multiple parties that have to be convinced so a coalition has to be formed to move legislation, not just two parties under the powerful thumbs of two egotistical politicians.
Parties used to be more diverse

You had liberal Republicans and Conservative Democrats
Now, they demand party purity and complete loyalty

And that's a big problem. Compromise=surrendering your principles to the enemy. Politics should be about destroying the enemy. the way I, as well as every other REAL American sees it, the Left is the enemy and needs to be destroyed.
You Goofy

We don’t need a filibuster

What we need is moderates like Collins and Murkowsky on the right and Manchin and Sinema on the left
Don’t trust Collins. She’s a vote counter. A repo from a liberal state, she walks a thin like Manchin only from the other direction. If he vote doesn’t count, she’ll vote with the Dems. If it will actullay be the deciding vote, she’s repo all the way. Just look at her history. Shes conservative all the way.

Then you should vote for the people trying to take dark money out of elections.

And that's a big problem. Compromise=surrendering your principles to the enemy
No, the real problem is that people like you view over half of their fellow US citizens as the enemy. If not for people like you, then the senators would not be pandering to your intransigence and stupidity, and the Senate would function.

60 is that checkmate in the Senate.
Sorry...not in the Constitution.

In fact the filibuster is nothing but a motion to end debate and have a vote which the majority wins (with 51 votes)

It extends debate (which doesn't actually occur) indefinitely.

It's a farce

Sorry...not in the Constitution.

In fact the filibuster is nothing but a motion to end debate and have a vote which the majority wins (with 51 votes)

It extends debate (which doesn't actually occur) indefinitely.

It's a farce
Laws need to be hard to pass. We have enoughbof them already.

Forum List

Back