Go right ahead get rid of the filibuster it's an awesome idea

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
The Democrats will never learn. Just like a child who steals a chocolate bar and doesn't care about getting caught until he gets caught. The left is always been about instant gratification with absolutely no consideration for the long-term effect. Conservatism is growing in this country not progressivism. A few years ago I would have said you were crazy if you told me that.... But there's no question in my mind any longer that people of belching up the indigestible everything goes culture in favor of structure. So go ahead get rid of the filibuster and then cry like the little bitches you are later on when you wish the hell you didn't do it.

Nope, bad idea. Getting rid of the filibuster would waste way too much money.
Laws would ping-pong depending who had control of congress.
build the wall, tear the wall down, rebuild the wall, tear it down, etc.
Open borders, deport them all, open borders deport them all, etc.
DC is a state, no DC isn't, etc.
PR is a state, no it isn't
Fund the military, defund the military, etc.
Lots of free stuff, no free stuff, etc
Cut taxes, raise taxes,

...and on and on and on, like Trump's EOs and Xiden's EOs, the US would <<<<<<spin>>>>>> like a fat pig on a spit...with only tax dollars used as fuel....
1641398689235.png

The Dems control both Houses of Congress and the White House
While this is in effect, Dems need to pass as much legislation as they can.

Eliminating the Filibuster will allow that

When Republicans hold all three, they can reverse what the Dems have passed

Every 4 to 8 years we get a complete 180 on abortion and gun control in America.

lol

Very Stupid..... that is not a stable republic....
The left is slipping out of power and this time it's going to be a long Hiatus...... The Filibuster should be enshrined in the constitution and only changeable by constitutional congress ever.... But I'll take it....the instant self gratification culture is about to commit suicide....no problem.

JO

The left is slipping out of power and this time it's going to be a long Hiatus...... The Filibuster should be enshrined in the constitution and only changeable by constitutional congress ever.... But I'll take it....the instant self gratification culture is about to commit suicide....no problem.

JO
It is majority rule

If the majority elect a House that is Democratic
And a majority elect a Senate that is Democratic
And a majority elect a President that is Democratic

They should be able to pass legislation without being blocked by the minority

Nope, bad idea. Getting rid of the filibuster would waste way too much money.
Laws would ping-pong depending who had control of congress.
build the wall, tear the wall down, rebuild the wall, tear it down, etc.
Open borders, deport them all, open borders deport them all, etc.
DC is a state, no DC isn't, etc.
PR is a state, no it isn't
Fund the military, defund the military, etc.
Lots of free stuff, no free stuff, etc
Cut taxes, raise taxes,

...and on and on and on, like Trump's EOs and Xiden's EOs, the US would <<<<<<spin>>>>>> like a fat pig on a spit...with only tax dollars used as fuel....
View attachment 583833
I would settle for build the wall, tear down the wall, rather than no wall ever being built.

Guys - once the filibuster is gone, it's fucking gone. And that means the democrats can do whatever they want with a 50-50 Senate, a House majority, and a puppet in the WH. Taxes can rise, gobs of money overspent, and all kinds of shit on the Far Left agenda can get done if they can talk Manchin and Sinema into it. And much of whatever they do can be undone when it's our turn. But there's some things that can't be undone, like packing the Supreme Court. You can't add 4 or 5 more liberal justices and then remove them later; once they are there they stay until the die or resign. You can't give statehood to DC and PR and then take it back, when it's done it's done. You know how hard it is to take away social benefits once people start getting them? I don't know how much they can change in our election system, but I'm not sure of what can be reversed and what can't. Once they grant amnesty to 20 -30 million illegals, it's done. You can't take that away.

So - removing the filibuster is a big deal, don't undersell the importance of taking away any restraint on the Far Left.

It is majority rule

If the majority elect a House that is Democratic
And a majority elect a Senate that is Democratic
And a majority elect a President that is Democratic

They should be able to pass legislation without being blocked by the minority
unfortunately 50/50 or even 51/49 is a recipe for revolution not a stable structure. 3/5 is a much better margin for decision.
It has a built in stability factor., This will get shoved up Shcumer's ass like telephone pole later on....don't you see that?

JO

unfortunately 50/50 or even 51/49 is a recipe for revolution not a stable structure. 3/5 is a much better margin for decision.
It has a built in stability factor., This will get shoved up Shcumer's ass like telephone pole later on....don't you see that?

JO
But it is more than 51/49

It is also holding the House and the White House

THAT is majority rule AND Checks and Balances

Joe Manchin already said NO.
Kirsten Sinema also said 'NO'.

What part of "NO" don't you understand?

JO
The filibuster gives the Senate stability and promotes bipartisanship. Keep it.

The filibuster gives the Senate stability and promotes bipartisanship. Keep it.
Only if you allow compromise

Without compromise, ending the filibuster is the only way to get things done

Compromise is anathema in Washington. As long as the filibuster is in play, it will take near supermajorities to get bills passed….

The Democrats will never learn. Just like a child who steals a chocolate bar and doesn't care about getting caught until he gets caught. The left is always been about instant gratification with absolutely no consideration for the long-term effect. Conservatism is growing in this country not progressivism. A few years ago I would have said you were crazy if you told me that.... But there's no question in my mind any longer that people of belching up the indigestible everything goes culture in favor of structure. So go ahead get rid of the filibuster and then cry like the little bitches you are later on when you wish the hell you didn't do it.
There is no such thing as an actual filibuster. Its never practiced.

Dimwingers refuse to compromise on anything.
Democrats should allow republicans to help pick out the color of the rest rooms. That’s just about the only thing they are qualified to do.

Postpone ending the filibuster as long as possible so the Dems can't pass much legislation under the new rules.

Then let them have it, then we the GOP take Congress for the next 40 years, and things will go much better in this country.

Forum List

Back