Gloves off as people threaten No Labels Party

There is no excuse for the GQP to have sold its soul to the most obvious con man we've ever seen.

You just gave the reason that happened. Read you own posts.

While I voted for him twice, I've never been taken in by him.

My first vote was justified by:

Gorsuch
Kavanaugh
Barrett

End of that disccussion.

But I don't like the guy. Never have. And I feel he really blew his chance for a 2nd term when he screwed up the handling of COVID (primarily from a facing standpoint....more empathy would have gotten him a second term......masks don't work.....and I have never been vaxxed (but have always encouraged those who wanted it to get it))

A con man takes something from you.

Many people were doing fine under Trump up until Covid and he had a lot of help shutting down the country...which was NOT necessary.

So, you might find a better word.

He's never conned me. I know what I am getting. Always have. I don't like it, but I liked Hillary and Biden less.

Either we're not paying attention, or we just don't give a shit any more. Or both. We deserve what we get.

And BOTH parties have been complicit (at the Federal Level) for getting us here.

It's all about identify politics and division.

In all my days, I've never seen so many people spun up about so much stupid stuff.

The one thing that the Republicans and Democrats will unite against is other political parties because without the corrupt duopoly they have no power

That alone should be enough for people to vote for an alternate party

And, bingo. This is on us, and it always has been. And instead of dropping the egos and working together to fix this, we've instead chosen to retreat into tribes. Or, we stopped caring.

There is no excuse for the GQP to have sold its soul to the most obvious con man we've ever seen. There is no excuse for the Dems to have made themselves so goddamn repulsive that this con man can still win. So then we get the No Labels and Forward Party efforts out of desperation.

Either we're not paying attention, or we just don't give a shit any more. Or both. We deserve what we get.
This No Labels Party is meant to take votes away from Biden. Clearly they won't take one Trump vote away from Trump, right?

“No Labels’ refusal to disclose its funders is disturbing and unlawful. Secret political spending is one of the most corrupting influences in politics and having a secret money organization impersonating a political party severely undermines the democratic process as a whole,” “If you continue to deprive voters of the information to which they are entitled, our organizations will consider legal action to vindicate voters’ legal right to know who is using No Labels to try to buy the 2024 election.”

The letter is both a reflection of how No Labels seems to be skirting the law surrounding nonprofits and political activity by failing to register as a political party, and to how Democratic-aligned groups remain worried about the possibility No Labels will possibly tilt the presidential election toward Republican Donald Trump.

And BOTH parties have been complicit (at the Federal Level) for getting us here.

It's all about identify politics and division.

In all my days, I've never seen so many people spun up about so much stupid stuff.
My brother says, "relax, they'll never cut social security, because they'll get voted out of office"

WRONG! Not only will they, they'll blame the other side. Freddy Mac or Fanny May. When they make the cuts, they'll blame Democrats. Watch and see. And you'll accept it. You already have.

I'm registered as "No Labels" here in Arizona. Democrats sued to not have it recognized and lost that battle.

Based on our election system, I figure Democrats are most affected by the possibility of an alternative to the two major parties. A few years back I looked up how a presidential election thrown to the House of Representatives worked and immediately recognized that the chances for any Democrat in that situation were slim to none.

I assumed that the balance of power based on the split between party members in the House would determine the outcome. Well as they say about assumptions....

In actuality each state gets 1 vote. So even if the Democrats hold the balance of power based on membership, within far more states the balance of power lies with the Republicans. Yes, Wyoming's vote counts equally the same as California's.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back