Global Warming

There is no science that describes how atmospheric CO2 can warm the deep oceans.

None

True. But how is that relevant? The stirring time of earth's oceans is about 1,000 years whereas the current emergency involves decades. Surface ocean temperatures are of more relevance right now - would you agree? OK, I am going offline for awhile. I hope when I return someone else will actually post scientific evidence. Is that hope realistic? Time will tell!

Btw - ocean pollution is also a serious problem - try researching plastics!

You all - please remember the warning in Revelation 11:18 that our Creator will bring to ruin those ruining the earth.

Ocean pollution is a problem caused largely by Asia and Africa. Ocean "warming" is simply beyond our control

It's not. We have caused it by dumping CO2 into the atmosphere. The control is to not dump CO2 into the atmosphere.

Yeah ... crude oil is useful stuff ... plastics and fertilizer ... where would we be without those? ... seems a shame to be foolishly burning it ...
It is inevitable. If you are near or under the age of 65 today, you will see this unfold in Realtime.

Not sure if I will still be here.

:)-

Yeah, I am quite disappointed. I missed WWII. I missed Woodstock. Now I am going to miss the greatest manmade global catastrophe in the history of humanity. Morbid curiosity, for sure.

There is no science that describes how atmospheric CO2 can warm the deep oceans.

None

True. But how is that relevant? The stirring time of earth's oceans is about 1,000 years whereas the current emergency involves decades. Surface ocean temperatures are of more relevance right now - would you agree? OK, I am going offline for awhile. I hope when I return someone else will actually post scientific evidence. Is that hope realistic? Time will tell!

You all - please remember the warning in Revelation 11:18 that our Creator will bring to ruin those ruining the earth.

Ocean pollution is a problem caused largely by Asia and Africa. Ocean "warming" is simply beyond our control

It's not. We have caused it by dumping CO2 into the atmosphere. The control is to not dump CO2 into the atmosphere.
Are you claiming that atmospheric CO2 warms the oceans???? How does that work?

Our planet has gone through several major climate changes.

Scientific evidence proves that our plant was once cover in ice. That ice sheet has been melting ever since. Glaciers are melting and the oceans will rise equal to the volume of ice today.

The finding appears to add solid evidence to the theory of an ancient "snowball Earth."

The discovery hinged on proving that the right rocks had been covered by glaciers in the right place at the right time.

Study leader Francis Macdonald, an Earth scientist at Harvard University, and colleagues worked with volcanic rocks in Canada that were found sandwiched between glacial deposits. Such deposits are recognizable by the presence of debris left behind by melting glaciers and sediments deformed by glacial movement.
"Snowball Earth" Confirmed: Ice Covered Equator

Then I googled it
The finding appears to add solid evidence to the theory of an ancient "snowball Earth."
Study leader FrancisMacdonald, an Earth scientist at Harvard University, and colleagues worked with volcanic rocks in Canada that were found sandwiched between glacial deposits. Such deposits are recognizable by the presence of debris left behind by melting glaciers and sediments deformed by glacial movement.

and this~~~~~
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...lobal-warming/

The reason we have weather~~~

The orbit of Mars is more oval-shaped than that of the Earth

mars orbit shape - Google Search

Earth's orbit is not a perfect circle. It is elliptical, or slightly oval-shaped. This means there is one point in the orbit where Earth is closest to the Sun, and another where Earth is farthest from the
earth orbit shape - Google Search

I believe the reason the orbit of mars and earth are different is because earths elliptical orbit was knocked out of a circular orbit by a meteor impact. The meteor impact knocked earth 3 degrees off center causing it to bobble. The wobbling caused wind and ocean current patterns which causes weather changes.

if it were not for the wobbling causing wind currents and ocean currents life on our planet would be much different than it is today.

If earth had not been hit by that meteor causing wind currents and ocean currents life on our planet would be much different than it is today.

I believe the meteor impact point created the gulf of Mexico.

gulf of mexico.png

Or so it seems to me;

How about you--?

None

They are in thermal contact with each other.

You do understand how thermodynamics works? I mean basically? 90% of the heat is absorbed by the oceans.

It's like this. You have two cups of coffee. One cup you leave one outside and bring the other inside. The one outside loses heat through evaporation and convection. The cup inside loses less heat. Why is that? Well, basically because it is warmer inside than outside. Now, lets turn up the thermostat so that the house is warmer. What happens? Well, if the cup is warmer than room temperature, is cools even slower. If the cup is at room temperature, it warms up to match it. The CO2 in the atmosphere is like turning up the thermostat. The ocean gets warmer because the room (the atmosphere) is warmer.

Our planet has gone through several major climate changes.

Scientific evidence proves that our plant was once cover in ice. That ice sheet has been melting ever since. Glaciers are melting and the oceans will rise equal to the volume of ice today.

The discovery hinged on proving that the right rocks had been covered by glaciers in the right place at the right time.

Study leader Francis Macdonald, an Earth scientist at Harvard University, and colleagues worked with volcanic rocks in Canada that were found sandwiched between glacial deposits. Such deposits are recognizable by the presence of debris left behind by melting glaciers and sediments deformed by glacial movement.

Then I googled it
Study leader FrancisMacdonald, an Earth scientist at Harvard University, and colleagues worked with volcanic rocks in Canada that were found sandwiched between glacial deposits. Such deposits are recognizable by the presence of debris left behind by melting glaciers and sediments deformed by glacial movement.

and this~~~~~
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...lobal-warming/

The reason we have weather~~~

The orbit of Mars is more oval-shaped than that of the Earth

mars orbit shape - Google Search

Earth's orbit is not a perfect circle. It is elliptical, or slightly oval-shaped. This means there is one point in the orbit where Earth is closest to the Sun, and another where Earth is farthest from the
earth orbit shape - Google Search

I believe the reason the orbit of mars and earth are different is because earths elliptical orbit was knocked out of a circular orbit by a meteor impact. The meteor impact knocked earth 3 degrees off center causing it to bobble. The wobbling caused wind and ocean current patterns which causes weather changes.

if it were not for the wobbling causing wind currents and ocean currents life on our planet would be much different than it is today.

If earth had not been hit by that meteor causing wind currents and ocean currents life on our planet would be much different than it is today.

I believe the meteor impact point created the gulf of Mexico.

View attachment 400195
Or so it seems to me;

How about you--?

Well, that is an interesting hypothesis. I think most of the points are correct. I am not sure about a couple. I think you should keep exploring it. Keep in mind that the scientific method is, basically, to try and prove yourself wrong. You are looking for information and evidence that pokes holes in your hypothesis. Then you try to plug those holes or adjust your hypothesis based on the new things you've learned. There are a number of reasons for this that has to do with the statistics of hypothesis testing but I won't bore you with that. Also, you fend off confirmation bias. For me, the greatest benefit is I learn a lot that way.

I am not sure what it has to do with global warming. The only connection is weather. Orbital dynamics do have an impact of climate and weather. But that is on the order of 40,000 to 100,000 years. Global warming is a process that has occured over the past 120 years.

I
Not this bullshit again.

Can you respond with respectful language?
Can you talk about something real that's not just a theory?
God said "Be fruitful and multiply."
He made this Earth, and it's capable of "sustaining" a lot more people.
You're just buying into the UN Agenda 21 mantra.

I am not buying into anything. How about addressing the actual scientific evidence I am posting?
You aren't posting any evidence just cut and paste bullshit from paid government workers keeping their jobs.

So you think Springer.com is paid by government workers? Can you document your claims?

Can you point to any scientific journals you do not believe are paid by government workers?

Btw - which government? India or Bangladesh (concerning the Maldive Islands or the extinct New Moore Island)?
Why? You leftists don't accept anything that goes against your bullshit.

None

You do understand how thermodynamics works? I mean basically? 90% of the heat is absorbed by the oceans.

It's like this. You have two cups of coffee. One cup you leave one outside and bring the other inside. The one outside loses heat through evaporation and convection. The cup inside loses less heat. Why is that? Well, basically because it is warmer inside than outside. Now, lets turn up the thermostat so that the house is warmer. What happens? Well, if the cup is warmer than room temperature, is cools even slower. If the cup is at room temperature, it warms up to match it. The CO2 in the atmosphere is like turning up the thermostat. The ocean gets warmer because the room (the atmosphere) is warmer.

So what, the transfer into the ocean is negligible, it is the incoming solar radiation that creates a large transfer of energy into the atmosphere via the waters, El-Nino is a prime example of the rapid increase of energy transfer from the dense mass of water into the low mass atmosphere.

None

Are you fucking serious? LOL!

How much energy does it take to raise a Cubic liter of air at sea level 1C?

How much energy does it take to raise a Cubic liter of salt water at sea level 1C?

Forum List

Back