Global warming tipping points

Moving part of the larger retained heat to the city still leaves the larger amount of retained heat to warm the planet. That's not offsetting anything. If you understand the FLoT.

If you don't, glaciers will of course be forming at solar farms.
Waste heat is the same in all cases. So there is no incremental change in waste in switching from fossil fuels to solar.

Your refrigerator doesn’t cause an incremental cooling effect. PV cells do because they convert photons into electricity which would have otherwise produced heat.

Your refrigerator doesn’t cause an incremental cooling effect.

Measured temperatures inside the refrigerator are lower.
If you ignore the heat being moved to the coils (or the city, for solar) of course it does.

PV cells do because they convert photons into electricity which would have otherwise produced heat.

The electricity produces heat.

Neither of those technologies have anything close to 90% efficiency. The best numbers for a high pressure turbine, taken in isolation, approach 70% and of course that ignores losses everywhere else along that train. Current solar panels run between 15 and 20%. So what the F do you think has 90% efficiency?
That’s nice. It helps my case more.

Modern units can have compressor efficiencies of 86–88 percent and turbine efficiencies of 88–90 percent at design conditions.

Measured temperatures inside the refrigerator are lower.
If you want to believe your refrigerator causes an incremental cooling effect be my guest.

Lower infrared radiation was measured at six solar farms. The waste heat from using its electricity replaced the waste heat from electricity generated from fossil fuels.

Thank you for this ... 2ºC is all we're talking about? ... or 0.004ºC to our average in San Luis Obispo County ... this is borderline instrumentation error using obsolete satellites ... and covering agricultural lands ...

Now let's come inside the urban heat island and compare to asphalt rooftops ... and then factor in wear-and-tear on the asphalt ... ha ha ha ha ha ...

I agree with you about these large scale farms, solar panels are NOT blackbody radiators ... but these arguments don't translate into the cities and towns ... we're producing the electricity where it is being used ... shading our roofs and drawing out a little energy is good for the roof, and keeps your attic space cooler, and maybe your home cooler too during summer ... you eggheads know nothing about home construction ...

Save the natural gas for heating in winter ... and take 90% of passenger rigs off the road ...

If you want to believe your refrigerator causes an incremental cooling effect be my guest.

Lower infrared radiation was measured at six solar farms. The waste heat from using its electricity replaced the waste heat from electricity generated from fossil fuels.
The significantly LESS waste heat.

Makes just as much sense as your solar claim.
More, because none of my cooling can be credited to atmospheric cooling.

Lower infrared radiation was measured at six solar farms.

How much of that "heat loss" was because of increased airflow across the panels?

The waste heat from using its electricity replaced the waste heat from electricity generated from fossil fuels.

I agree, you needed to change your original stupid claim.

I want to repeat here that generating a given amount of power by burning fossil fuels will produce enormously more waste heat then generating the same power by solar photovoltaics.

I want to repeat here that generating a given amount of power by burning fossil fuels will produce enormously more waste heat then generating the same power by solar photovoltaics.
How?

That's ding's modified stupid claim.
Eliminating fossil fuel waste heat could trigger the next glacial cycle.

The only waste heat from solar panels is the rest of the Sun's energy ... 100,000,000 Tzar bombs going off per second ...

Slightly more than burning fossil fuels ...

The only waste heat from solar panels is the rest of the Sun's energy ... 100,000,000 Tzar bombs going off per second ...

Slightly more than burning fossil fuels ...
Please, I'm already maxed out tonight on idiots posting idiocy in this forum

Thank you for this ... 2ºC is all we're talking about? ... or 0.004ºC to our average in San Luis Obispo County ... this is borderline instrumentation error using obsolete satellites ... and covering agricultural lands ...

Now let's come inside the urban heat island and compare to asphalt rooftops ... and then factor in wear-and-tear on the asphalt ... ha ha ha ha ha ...

I agree with you about these large scale farms, solar panels are NOT blackbody radiators ... but these arguments don't translate into the cities and towns ... we're producing the electricity where it is being used ... shading our roofs and drawing out a little energy is good for the roof, and keeps your attic space cooler, and maybe your home cooler too during summer ... you eggheads know nothing about home construction ...

Save the natural gas for heating in winter ... and take 90% of passenger rigs off the road ...
Electric heaters for everyone.

Forum List

Back