Global warming tipping points

Incorrect. I am claiming that converting photons into electricity will result in an incremental cooling effect at the solar farms. Which has been proven empirically and confirmed with modeling. :)

That's as useful as saying my refridgerator causes an incremental cooling effect.

Even though the panels may reflect less solar radiation, the photons being converted into electricity more than offset the increased solar radiation absorbed by the lower albedo PV cells. Which is why there was less infrared heat emitted at the solar farms after the panels were installed.

Moving part of the larger retained heat to the city still leaves the larger amount of retained heat to warm the planet. That's not offsetting anything. If you understand the FLoT.

If you don't, glaciers will of course be forming at solar farms.

Yes, I would assume 90% efficiency would be a good ball park estimate so 10% heat losses.

Why do you want to cool the planet in the middle of an ice age?
Neither of those technologies have anything close to 90% efficiency. The best numbers for a high pressure turbine, taken in isolation, approach 70% and of course that ignores losses everywhere else along that train. Current solar panels run between 15 and 20%. So what the F do you think has 90% efficiency?

Neither of those technologies have anything close to 90% efficiency. The best numbers for a high pressure turbine, taken in isolation, approach 70% and of course that ignores losses everywhere else along that train. Current solar panels run between 15 and 20%. So what the F do you think has 90% efficiency?

What kind of name-plate wattage do we get out of a square meter panel these days? ... is 200 W about right? ...

In the case of extreme heat, the model finds 50 counties, home to 8.1 million residents, that are expected to experience temperatures above 125°F in 2023, the highest level of the National Weather Services’ heat index. By 2053, 1,023 counties are expected to exceed this temperature, an area that is home to 107.6 million Americans and covers a quarter of the US land area. This emerging area, concentrated in a geographic region the Foundation calls the “Extreme Heat Belt,” stretches from the Northern Texas and Louisiana borders to Illinois, Indiana, and even into Wisconsin.

Highlights From

Not all, but satellites have measured colder temperatures inside refrigerators,
so using them could trigger the next glacial cycle.
All those restaurants with walk in freezers inject more than the refrigerators.

That's as useful as saying my refridgerator causes an incremental cooling effect.
Your refrigerator doesn’t cause an incremental cooling effect. PV cells do because they convert photons into electricity which would have otherwise produced heat.

Forum List

Back