Global Warming is Shaking the Earth. Increased Ocean Energy Visible in Seismic Background

The world's oceans absorb 90% of the thermal energy which global warming collects. That is increasing the energy of ocean waves whose passing and mutual interference create low frequency pressure waves on the sea floor, detectable by the world's seismometers as a background hum. That hum has been getting louder.

And the referenced study (open access)

Now, more than ever Crick and the Warmers need to demand that China shut itself down!

Greenland melting and now this!

I have our Sienna Hybrid for a vehicle. .
Hybrids make a lot more sense than these stupid L-I vehicles.

Before buying one you need to look at the real economics.

They do very well with mileage for short city trips but get much less on highway driving.

We will trade my wife's Honda Pilot in on a new car next year I was thinking of getting a CRV Hybrid, which is very highly rated.

We live in a suburb of Tampa and being retired most of the trips are short. No daily commutes. However, figuring out the number of miles we will most likely put on it the savings in gas doesn't match the increased cost of the Hybrid vehicle over the ICE CRV. Then you have the fact that the battery pack will have to be replaced sooner or later. Honda says 100K miles but typically claims like that are often exaggerated.

It makes more economic sense to get the ICE CRV.

Hybrids make a lot more sense than these stupid L-I vehicles.

Before buying one you need to look at the real economics.

They do very well with mileage for short city trips but get much less on highway driving.

We will trade my wife's Honda Pilot in on a new car next year I was thinking of getting a CRV Hybrid, which is very highly rated.

We live in a suburb of Tampa and being retired most of the trips are short. No daily commutes. However, figuring out the number of miles we will most likely put on it the savings in gas doesn't match the increased cost of the Hybrid vehicle over the ICE CRV. Then you have the fact that the battery pack will have to be replaced sooner or later. Honda says 100K miles but typically claims like that are often exaggerated.

It makes more economic sense to get the ICE CRV.
I was aware that the hybrid would have a higher lifetime cost. We needed a minivan and the Sienna was the best option. We were willing to pay the extra cost for what we were getting. Every year in new cars, features that were only available in more expensive models or at higher trim levels, move down. The Sienna seemed to have gotten more than its fair share of added features, particulary at the XLE (next to the bottom) trim level: radar cruise control with lane keeping, emergency self-braking, stop light hold, 4 zone A/C and a range of over 450 miles. In town I have no difficulty getting 45-50 mpg, though I can get less if I try. On the highway with the car fully loaded with luggage and a large rooftop box going 85, I get 28-30 mpg.

The increase in seismic background is simply one more piece of evidence that humans are affecting the climate.

The sad thing is that you actually believe that silly shit.
Have you ever had a college class in physics? Chemistry? Thermodynamics? I firmly suspect you have not. If not, your ability to judge the quality of the science is limited.

Have you ever had a college class in physics? Chemistry? Thermodynamics? I firmly suspect you have not. If not, your ability to judge the quality of the science is limited.
You silly little Environmental Wackos believe that glbal warming is the cause of everything. Like racism, povery, social injustice, hurricanes, wars, tornadoes, Illegal aliens, droughts, floods and even volcanoes and earthquakes. LOL!

Then you wonder why we ridicule you nitwits so much.

The energy we receive from the sun has not changed enough or consistently in the proper direction to be responsible for the observed warming. The energy we receive from the galactic centre requires a telescope many feet across to even detect. What DOES produce the right amount of energy to have created the observed warming is the greenhouse effect acting on CO2 and methane we've added to the atmosphere and then cooled slightly by reflective aerosols we've also added. The total global warming since the Industrial Revolution has been about 1.1C. So that's what we're looking for. Look once more at this graph. Look at the set of bars on the upper right. Those are the TEMPERATURE CHANGES that those different atmospheric components have created; some making it warmer and some making it cooler. Look at the bottom of that set and you will see a single marker labled "SUM". That is the algebraic sum of all those effects. Note that it is 1.1C. We are not missing anything. There is no requirement that the sun be exploding or that the Earth be expanding. I attempted to look at your expanding Earth site but my browser told me three times in a row that it was not safe. However, I have to point out that the GPS network, among other systems, would detect any changes in the diameter or shape of the planet down to 5 centimeters or less.

View attachment 855304
So we agree the main culprit is China who not only doubles our CO2 output but most of it from sooty albedo coal

this report doesn't make your point. I've explained this to you over and over again. Why do you ignore facts?
She ignores facts because she has faith in her AGW religion and no amount of facts will change it.

You silly little Environmental Wackos believe that glbal warming is the cause of everything.
No, we do not.
Then you wonder why we ridicule you nitwits so much.
I think you say what you say here because you don't know any better. I think you're incapable of discussing the science and even if you were, no one has found any science falsifying AGW.

Have you ever had a college class in physics? Chemistry? Thermodynamics? Have you ever had a high school class in physics or chemistry? Have you ever had a science class of any sort at any level?

No, we do not.

I think you say what you say here because you don't know any better. I think you're incapable of discussing the science and even if you were, no one has found any science falsifying AGW.

Have you ever had a college class in physics? Chemistry? Thermodynamics? Have you ever had a high school class in physics or chemistry? Have you ever had a science class of any sort at any level?

How can you falsify something that exists only in models where "deniers" are not allowed to comment?

That's not science

The world's oceans absorb 90% of the thermal energy which global warming collects. That is increasing the energy of ocean waves whose passing and mutual interference create low frequency pressure waves on the sea floor, detectable by the world's seismometers as a background hum. That hum has been getting louder.

This.....

The majority belief is that mankind is affecting the climate, not controlling.

As you've oh so clearly demonstrated on oh so many occasions.

And at one point the "majority belief," was that the sun revolved around the earth and that lobotomies were great medicine....

So you are saying that happens in every interglacial period then.

And at one point the "majority belief," was that the sun revolved around the earth and that lobotomies were great medicine....
I did not mention that as evidence supporting AGW theory. I was simply responding to OrangeCat's comments in post #15.

I don't know how I'm going to die, but I know that I'm not going to die because it gets 2 degrees warmer in a hundred years.
You might. Many people will die from global warming and its affects. Thirst, starvation, extreme weather events, heat, novel diseases, etc. You've no guarantee you won't be one of them.

You have a carbon footprint greater than 90% of the people on earth but yet you are a pathetic loud mouth confused Environmental Wacko that doesn't practice what she preaches.
Every portion of that statement is incorrect..
You know absolutely nothing about real Climate Science.
I'm no scientist and have never claimed to be. I am a retired engineer which is why I have had classes in physics and chemistry and thermodynamics and heat transfer and calculus and differential equations and materials science and chemical, physical and meteorological oceanography. You have not. So I think it's a completely supportable proposition that I know more about just about any branch of science and, due to my background and my interests, particularly more about climate science, than do you.
You believe the lies told to you by people that have admitted they lie
I believe the science. I don't know to whom you refer but I very strongly suspect that you mean climate scientists and I am quite certain that none of them have ever admitted to having lied to you. If you have some actual evidence supporting your charge, let's see it.
and have repeatably been caught lying
No, they have not. You, on the other hand, have lied on numerous occasions, including this very post.
creating fraudulent and cherry picked data
Why don't you identify some of those data? Why is it so extremely rare to find a link to anything resembling science in any of your posts?
and you embrace the silly ass AGW religion.
Like 99+% of the climate scientists in the world, I accept AGW theory.
You are an acrimonious Science Denier
That is a ridiculous lie. You're decision to mimic the ways of your orange master - accusing others of your own crimes - has not served you well.
that has created a world of hell for yourself by being scared shithless of the bogeyman your religion has created for you.
That is a rational recognition of threats. It is not a religion.
Then you wonder why we ridicule you so much.
You've never ridiculed me in the slightest. Your comments reflect only on yourself and not well.
I'm almost 70, I've been married to the same woman for over 38 years and have two grown children. I worked in my chosen profession and have retired in good financial standing. I'm sorry, but I just don't see anywhere I need to do any more growing up. You , on the other hand, could certainly use some basic science education and lessons in honesty and manners.
If you live in Wisconsin you are going to freeze your titties off this winter.
We will soon be returning to our South Florida home for the winter. We have yet to spend a winter here and all our Wisconsin friends say we should avoid it if we can, but we are less and less happy with Florida.
If I were you I would be more concerned about getting your husband to clear the driveway of snow than worrying about man made global warming.
If I were you, I would stop behaving like a 12 year old.

No, we do not.

You stupid shit. I have an advanced degree in Environmental Engineering, a PE and 30 years experience cleaning up real pollution for the Aerospace industry, included the nuclear weapons complex. In retirement have taught classes in Environmental Science at the college level including sections on Climate Change, which I researched extensively before teaching. I am much better educated on the subject than you are, by a lot. You only have a stupid University of Goggle education on the subject. All you do is cut and paste articles from entities that have been caught lying and even admitted of producing fraudulent and cherry picked data. The basis for your religion is false.

I have the proper education to understand science bullshit when I see it and Missy, this AGW crap is bullshit with absolutely no foundation in real science. That is why they have to lie about it and none of their predictions ever come true.

You are barking up the wrong tree, Sport. Go fix a sandwich for your husband and don't worry your little head about it. You have nothing to be concerned about.

/---/ Quick, call Greta and then send more money to Al Gore.

Forum List

Back