Ghost Guns

Typically, a numbered gun used in a crime is not traceable until the bullet is recovered and forensic tests are done on it. If the gun is recovered, it can then be compared to the bullet and a match can be made. There is no way that a gun can be tied to a crime without this forensic evidence.
Some dufus host on Fox News yesterday said they would be tracing the bullets and the guns to track down the owner. Unbelievable.

Change that to "Inhale deeply the coming destruction of America as we know it" and you'll be closer to the truth.
America's love affair with guns is not going to turn out well.
Not that millions of illegals who are diseased and carrying drugs and weapons into this country has anything to do with that destruction?

My daughter was talking about a Ghost Gun earlier today. I had never heard of one, so I asked her about it. Here is what she told me:
She said it's a gun kit that can be ordered on the internet. Once the person gets the kit, they put the gun together using the enclosed instructions. There is no serial number on these guns, so if it is used to hurt or kill somebody, it can't be traced.
Also, the kits come in pistol sizes, up to long gun sizes.

This is insane. How can buying gun kits on the internet be legal?
Lol, if you have an understanding of mechanics and machining you don't need a kit. Your typical 13 year old could make a zip gun. All the laws in the world will not prevent a zip gun.

My daughter was talking about a Ghost Gun earlier today. I had never heard of one, so I asked her about it. Here is what she told me:
She said it's a gun kit that can be ordered on the internet. Once the person gets the kit, they put the gun together using the enclosed instructions. There is no serial number on these guns, so if it is used to hurt or kill somebody, it can't be traced.

If only you had a clue. You need specific tools to complete the lower

You don't even need kits.....You can build your own firearms from scratch, with all sorts of customized parts.

Sorry that "triggers" (pun intended) you. :laugh2:

That's SCARY!
EEEEEK.gif

You don't even need kits.....You can build your own firearms from scratch, with all sorts of customized parts.

Sorry that "triggers" (pun intended) you. :laugh2:
What a great joke! You should be a stand-up comedian. 😀😀😀

WRONG.

The part identified as the "firearm" for purposes of the BATF is incomplete. Not fully manufactured.

By the way, you do know that it is, and always has been, legal to manufacture your own firearms, right?

Some dufus host on Fox News yesterday said they would be tracing the bullets and the guns to track down the owner. Unbelievable.
That’s the micro stamping that Democrats are always trying to push through, but that’s on casings not bullets.

For the same reason making meth in your home is illegal. There are some things that just shouldn't be done without a license/certification.
Why should making meth be illegal? Why should you get to say what others do in their own home, especially when so wholly unrelated to YOU?

Making a firearm is a RIGHT! Always has been.

You just don't like having no control. You are an authoritarian.

Why should making meth be illegal? Why should you get to say what others do in their own home, especially when so wholly unrelated to YOU?

Making a firearm is a RIGHT! Always has been.

You just don't like having no control. You are an authoritarian.
Would you want a meth lab next door to your home? I'm not an authoritarian. I believe in live and let live.

Now, about the CHALLENGE of putting together such a gun kit, the proper term for which is 80% Firearm Kit. Ghost Gun is a politically charged term used to frighten non gun owners. So, in order to finish such a firearm kit one must be in possession of very specific and often expensive power or power bench tools and also possess some degree of mechanical aptitude. Regardless of any included directions the weapon to be completed must be machined to tight specifications if one plans to have a functioning firearm at the end.

At the end of day, however, a fellow American's firearm ownership is none of your business. Keep that in mind.
Just for clarification, the term ghost gun generally refers to any gun made for personal use that doesn't have a serial number. Many such guns are, indeed, made from 80% kits; many are not.

For the OP, an 80% kit is not at all an 80% gun. It is a gun receiver less than 80% complete. The 80% number is an ATF regulation that says the frame must not exceed 80% completion to be sold as, basically, a chunk of metal instead of as a gun. Those kits might be 10% complete, or any thing in between but cannot exceed 80% complete.

Even the 80% completion is not that simple. The incomplete portions can't be just any 20%; the undone portions must be significant to the operation of the gun and require significant skill and equipment to complete. The undone portions can not be something that can be resolved easily by just searching the Internet.

Many people build their own guns using forged frames or receivers, leaving 90+ per cent of the work yet to be done.

Many other people buy a chunk of aluminum or steel and, having the skill and equipment to do so, build their own from scratch.

But you're right, night_son; in the end it's just no one's business at all what guns someone has or builds. Adding a serial number to mass produced guns was not the law for the first 179 years of our nation's history and we didn't have 10% of the mass shootings we see today. Guns aren't the problem; schools are.

Forum List

Back