Ghost Guns

Does not make any sense.
Ghost guns are not finished guns by definition, so can never be illegal.
If they want to say that a particular kit is TOO finished, so that anyone can just put it together, that is different.
That is not criminalizing ghost guns, but one particular one being too finished.

Does not make any sense.
Ghost guns are not finished guns by definition, so can never be illegal.
If they want to say that a particular kit is TOO finished, so that anyone can just put it together, that is different.
That is not criminalizing ghost guns, but one particular one being too finished.

Regardless, come August 24, 2022 all 80% receivers must be serialized and sold through FFL holder vendors. Gone will be the day when one could legally have them delivered to their front doors. That being said, I suspect tens of millions of Americans already own several of them and will complete them after Biden's executive ordered deadline. And so it goes . . .

Why shouldn't a law-abiding adult be able to buy a gun on the internet? You can buy anything else. Guns don't kill people. PEOPLE kill people. Identify and control the criminals and mentally ill.
It's working out what's classed as and who's law abiding. Also, everyone is a potential criminal and often those with no "criminal" background, shoot people. As for mentally ill people, they're involved in very little gun crime, often they're the victims of crime.

It's all down to how each generation is brought up, their orientation towards guns and guns in society. One tell tale sign on how that pans out is gun crime stats. Do what you've always done, you get what you've always got.

Adding ghost guns, 3D printed guns into the mix doesn't bode well.

It's all down to how each generation is brought up
I think you make a valid point. Rifles and shotguns were not an uncommon site in the gun racks of pickup trucks on high school campuses during my generation. Responsibility was taught at young ages. With responsibility comes increased freedom. Today, liberals are doing everything in their power to remove personal responsibility for anything from the populace. Nanny state.

Do you think the shooters in Uvalde, Columbia HS, Sandy Hook and many other mass shootings were mentally stable?
I have not read or seen any psychologist's assessment reports on those shooters, so I don't know. Do you have a link? My knowledge is based on reading studies that covered gun violence as a collective issue.

I think you make a valid point. Rifles and shotguns were not an uncommon site in the gun racks of pickup trucks on high school campuses during my generation. Responsibility was taught at young ages. With responsibility comes increased freedom. Today, liberals are doing everything in their power to remove personal responsibility for anything from the populace. Nanny state.
If you're brought up to steal, then stealing is second nature. Being caught stealing, you think there's nothing wrong, no regrets etc..

I was born and brought up in the UK. My brother used to go lamping with his shotgun, never interested me. I've owned, shot, and then sold shotguns. In fact, me and my two lads are going clay pigeon shooting mid September, it's booked.

We treat guns seriously, you don't wander around society with guns and loaded guns. You keep them securely locked up when not in use. Only the owner touches them, they're not left out or lying under pillows for kids to shoot one another. Gun checks, recording the sale of firearms etc.. is taken seriously. When any of those don't happen, it feels alien, yet you guys applaud a system that's the opposite to the above.

How do you judge gun safety? Gun crime stats.

I have not read or seen any psychologist's assessment reports on those shooters, so I don't know. Do you have a link? My knowledge is based on reading studies that covered gun violence as a collective issue.
Nor have I, but I contend that a person who goes into a public venue and randomly starts killing people that they don't know is mentally unstable by the very nature of the act. I don't need a degree in psychology to figure that one out.

Nor have I, but I contend that a person who goes into a public venue and randomly starts killing people that they don't know is mentally unstable by the very nature of the act. I don't need a degree in psychology to figure that one out.
Then you're simply guessing and stating your guess as factual. If you make a claim, read up first, or add "IMO" to your guesses.

Gun checks, recording the sale of firearms
Background checks are required in the US. There are also many states that require a two week waiting period before taking possession of a purchased gun. All legal sales of firearms are recorded. BTW, I hope you enjoy your shooting trip, I also enjoy shooting trap and skeet. I agree with the points that you made about responsible gun ownership.

Then you're simply guessing and stating your guess as factual.
I don't consider psychology a science of facts. One persons speculation is as good as anyone else's. My contention stands. Stable people do not shoot random strangers and, as much as I discount psychology as being a science, I think you would be hard pressed to find a psychologist that would disagree with my contention.

I don't consider psychology a science of facts. One persons speculation is as good as anyone else's. My contention stands. Stable people do not shoot random strangers and, as much as I discount psychology as being a science, I think you would be hard pressed to find a psychologist that would disagree with my contention.
By all means contend away.

What makes a stable person shoot others? A stable legal shotgun owner in the UK of many years one day thought his brother and solicitor were plotting against him, so he went to shoot them and went on a killing spree shooting members of the public. How does that compare to your contention?

By all means contend away.

What makes a stable person shoot others? A stable legal shotgun owner in the UK of many years one day thought his brother and solicitor were plotting against him, so he went to shoot them and went on a killing spree shooting members of the public. How does that compare to your contention?
You believe that person was stable? Not by any definition that I am aware. Mental stability is fluid and that is why it can hardly be called a science. How was this person raised that he somehow justified the taking of innocent life?

You believe that person was stable? Not by any definition that I am aware. Mental stability is fluid and that is why it can hardly be called a science. How was this person raised that he somehow justified the taking of innocent life?
Again, I've not read any psychological reports on the shooter. Which mental health issues was he suffering from? I can't answer possibilities without knowing the background facts.

The Ulvade shooter shot his grandmother, why? He fled and crashed, just happened to be outside the school. Did he go there on purpose, was his intention a school massacre after shooting his grandmother.

So what are the facts and is there a link to such facts.

What's involved in a background check to buy the AR15's? Was there one? Did he go through a check? Was his medical and/or driving records checked etc..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back