Get the federal government out of education and let parents chose.

Pepperjuice

Rookie
Apr 14, 2017
Allow states to establish their own education standards as is their constitutional domain. Then, if States allowed parents to shop schools you would see schools competing for students. Compitition breeds improvement.

Sent from my LGMS550 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

We don't need education in america anyway, only the aristocracy should be educated.

Allow states to establish their own education standards as is their constitutional domain. Then, if States allowed parents to shop schools you would see schools competing for students. Compitition breeds improvement.

And that "better" school gets filled up and the rest of the students end up back in their not so good home school, and that school has lost a lot of its funding due to the "better" school taking it, so that home school is even weaker than it was before.
I don't see what was wrong with the Common Core Standards; okay, if you don't want them tied to federal funding, fine. However, we live in a highly mobile society and I feel bad for kids whose parents move from state to state and are at a disadvantage when the two states have completely different curriculums. The other concern I have is that the Common Core Standards are pushing the skills needed for our workforce, which at this time our schools are NOT producing. So the less participation, the worse off we'll be, potentially, down the road. Do I trust all states to WANT to produce students ready for the workforce? Do they have the expertise to do it? I don't know.

• Banned
We don't need education in america anyway, only the aristocracy should be educated.
No. Education is absolutly needed. Look, you cant even read and retain a couple of sentences. I never said no education, but my position is that the states have the right to establishe their own regulations on education. Parents have the right to chose where they send their kids. Please share your position, but if your position is to misrepresent what I say and call names then we cant sharpen ideas very well can we?

Only the self-styled *aristocracy* in this country get educated now.

They're the only ones who can escape the nationalized garbage that is foisted upon the rest of Americans, after the commies destroyed their local economies.

• Banned

And that "better" school gets filled up and the rest of the students end up back in their not so good home school, and that school has lost a lot of its funding due to the "better" school taking it, so that home school is even weaker than it was before.
I don't see what was wrong with the Common Core Standards; okay, if you don't want them tied to federal funding, fine. However, we live in a highly mobile society and I feel bad for kids whose parents move from state to state and are at a disadvantage when the two states have completely different curriculums. The other concern I have is that the Common Core Standards are pushing the skills needed for our workforce, which at this time our schools are NOT producing. So the less participation, the worse off we'll be, potentially, down the road. Do I trust all states to WANT to produce students ready for the workforce? Do they have the expertise to do it? I don't know.
Not true. The good school would expand as they wouldnt want to miss out on the tuition. Not only that but the bad schools would either change in order to compete or be replaced by new schools. Competition opens a market and investors would see the potential.

Find the country with the smartest students in the world and adopt their criteria for education, then go above and beyond.
I bet you won't find one safey room, coloring book, or politically motivated protest march at the schools producing the brightest students in the world. Make America great again. Make Americans smart again.

Find the country with the smartest students in the world and adopt their criteria for education, then go above and beyond.
I bet you won't find one safey room, coloring book, or politically motivated protest march at the schools producing the brightest students in the world. Make America great again. Make Americans smart again.

Make them smart again by allowing the communities to educate their own kids as they please, using community schools and eschewing all federal programs and assistance.

Not true. The good school would expand as they wouldnt want to miss out on the tuition. Not only that but the bad schools would either change in order to compete or be replaced by new schools. Competition opens a market and investors would see the potential.

To be honest, changing states could pose inconveniences but free markets do work those things out. Buisness always wants your money but unlike the government you have to buy what they are selling.

The main opposition to common core is from people who actually think public schools teach only communism, devil worship/human sacrifice, and group sex. Don't believe it? Just listen to some of the idiots here when they start whining about public schools.

The federal government does not set national standards. Charter schools are allowed in about 2/3 of the states. True competition is impossible in schools because the playing field is never level between public, private and charter schools.

No. Education is absolutly needed. Look, you cant even read and retain a couple of sentences. I never said no education, but my position is that the states have the right to establishe their own regulations on education. Parents have the right to chose where they send their kids. Please share your position, but if your position is to misrepresent what I say and call names then we cant sharpen ideas very well can we?

She did not misrepresent what you said. She corrected it, because you are wrong.

Good schools expand? How? My high school is being replaced right now to the tune of 45 million dollars and it is taking almost 2 years. How do you force competition on a schools that is the only one in the district? If it is good, it is good. If it is bad, then it is bad.

I hate when rookies pontificate without educating themselves. Investors are looking for a profit. There is none in education.

The best schools in the world beat their students. Is that what you really want?

To be honest, changing states could pose inconveniences but free markets do work those things out. Buisness always wants your money but unlike the government you have to buy what they are selling.

You cannot run schools like a business unless you want to fail to educate anyone and go bankrupt at the same time.

You cannot run schools like a business unless you want to fail to educate anyone and go bankrupt at the same time.
Private schools beat the shit out of your public schools. Currently. Private everything is better than anything run by bureaucrat s. Your smug attitude toward a simple confersation is laughable. Public schools are monopolizing the education market so that shitty teachers cant be held responsible for the academic prosperity of their students.

The best schools in the world beat their students. Is that what you really want?

I am pretty sure we could figure out how to teach without beating the students.........

Private schools beat the shit out of your public schools. Currently. Private everything is better than anything run by bureaucrat s. Your smug attitude toward a simple confersation is laughable. Public schools are monopolizing the education market so that shitty teachers cant be held responsible for the academic prosperity of their students.

Not true. For every private school that does well, there are those with teachers without high school diplomas teaching elementary classes. It all averages out.

Please provide a comprehensive study that shows you claim to be true! Every study has shown that the educational outcomes across the board for [public and private schools are about the same.

Even if that were true, private schools get to select their students and shove all of the poor academic performers and discipline problems back to the public schools. I know because I see it every day.

I can say with complete honesty, that in twenty years of teaching, I have yet to see a student come to my public school from a private school or home school that was not significantly behind their peers.

Those bureaucrats are professional educators who know more about education than you can possibly imagine. We just have to suffer the mistakes made by elected officials with no knowledge or experience in education that pass legislation that handcuffs the process.

Forum List

Back