Get ready for Another Manning

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
Archibald Charles Manning is the fourth member of the family to play football for Newman. You don’t have to remind him. A retired jersey representing his father and two uncles hangs outside the team’s fieldhouse. He lines up for home games within a sports complex that bears his surname. The school’s highest athletic honor is called the Manning Award. Arch occupies the position that his grandfather played with guts and flair, one that also helped make Peyton and Eli No. 1 picks in the NFL draft.

Yet neither of Arch’s fabled uncles started until their sophomore seasons at Newman. After coach Joe Chango watched Arch complete 19 of 27 passes for 203 yards and two touchdowns against his Country Day School team this fall, he recalls telling Archie on the field, “That dude is going to be better than any one of your sons.” https://www.si.com/high-school/2020/02/11/arch-manning-next-generation-eli-peyton
Any other families that have had this number of relatives play the same sport much less same position?

Archibald Charles Manning is the fourth member of the family to play football for Newman. You don’t have to remind him. A retired jersey representing his father and two uncles hangs outside the team’s fieldhouse. He lines up for home games within a sports complex that bears his surname. The school’s highest athletic honor is called the Manning Award. Arch occupies the position that his grandfather played with guts and flair, one that also helped make Peyton and Eli No. 1 picks in the NFL draft.

Yet neither of Arch’s fabled uncles started until their sophomore seasons at Newman. After coach Joe Chango watched Arch complete 19 of 27 passes for 203 yards and two touchdowns against his Country Day School team this fall, he recalls telling Archie on the field, “That dude is going to be better than any one of your sons.” https://www.si.com/high-school/2020/02/11/arch-manning-next-generation-eli-peyton
Any other families that have had this number of relatives play the same sport much less same position?
I know there were SIX Sutter brothers that played in the NHL. I believe all six played on offense, either forwards or centers.

I know there were SIX Sutter brothers that played in the NHL. I believe all six played on offense, either forwards or centers.
Oops, I used the wrong terminology for NHL players. The Sutter brothers, I believe, were all either right or left wingers or centers.

Forum List

Back