George H.W. Bush has died

George H. W. Bush was a kind and caring man who was a war hero and tried his best to be a good president. So show a little respect or shut the fuck up.

In what way was HW Bush a war hero? HW Bush was a fighter pilot who crashed his aircraft into the sea but was saved by a United States sewer pipe, submarine. HW Bush never engaged the enemy in battle.

George H. W. Bush was a kind and caring man who was a war hero and tried his best to be a good president. So show a little respect or shut the fuck up.

In what way was HW Bush a war hero? HW Bush was a fighter pilot who crashed his aircraft into the sea but was saved by a United States sewer pipe, submarine. HW Bush never engaged the enemy in battle.

I'm not sure you understand what fighter pilots do. They, by nature, engage the enemy.

Such ignorance.

RIP

The quote that always stuck with me, and which I think, embodied his thinking at the time, was that he would never apologize for the United States. Really, Reagan was the last Cowboy, but Bush had that Texas manner in which he showed his strength. When pushed, he would express it, and without reservation.

Regardless of how history views his decisions, imperfect as anyone, he risked his life for his country and didn't shy away from duty after the war obviously.

As a young man I knew he would keep all of us safe when the chips were down. I won't forget that.

God willing, he's with Barbara now.

From Wikipedia:

The United States formally entered World War II in December 1941, following Japan's surprise attack on Pearl Harbor in Hawaii. Six months later, Bush enlisted into the U.S. Navy[5] immediately after he graduated from Phillips Academy on his eighteenth birthday. He became a naval aviator, taking training for aircraft carrier operations aboard USS Sable.[4][6] After completing the 10-month course, he was commissioned as an ensign in the United States Naval Reserve at Naval Air Station Corpus Christi on June 9, 1943 (just three days before his 19th birthday), which made him the youngest naval aviator to that date.[5]

In September 1943, he was assigned to Torpedo Squadron 51 (VT-51) as the photographic officer.[5] The following year, his squadron was based in USS San Jacinto as a member of Air Group 51, where his lanky physique earned him the nickname "Skin".[7] During this time, the task force was victorious in one of the largest air battles of World War II: the Battle of the Philippine Sea.[5]

After Bush's promotion to lieutenant (junior grade) on August 1, 1944, San Jacinto commenced operations against the Japanese in the Bonin Islands. Bush piloted one of four Grumman TBM Avengers of VT-51 that attacked the Japanese installations on Chichijima.[8] His crew for the mission, which occurred on September 2, 1944, included Radioman Second Class John Delaney and Lt.(jg) William White.[5] During their attack, the Avengers encountered intense anti-a fire; Bush's aircraft was hit by flak and his engine caught fire. Despite the fire in his aircraft, Bush completed his attack and released bombs over his target, scoring several damaging hits.[5] With his engine ablaze, Bush flew several miles from the island, where he and one other crew member of the TBM bailed out;[9] the other man's parachute did not open.[5] Bush waited for four hours in an inflated raft, while several fighters circled protectively overhead, until he was rescued by the submarine USS Finback, on lifeguard duty.[5] For the next month, he remained in Finback and participated in the rescue of other aviators. Several of those shot down during the attack were executed, and their livers were eaten by their captors.[10] This experience shaped Bush profoundly, leading him to ask, "Why had I been spared and what did God have for me?"[11]

In November 1944, Bush returned to San Jacinto and participated in operations in the Philippines until his squadron was replaced and sent home to the United States. Through 1944, he flew 58 combat missions[9] for which he received the Distinguished Flying Cross, three Air Medals, and the Presidential Unit Citation awarded to San Jacinto.[5] Bush was then reassigned to a training wing for torpedo bomber crews at Norfolk Navy Base, Virginia. His final assignment was to a new torpedo squadron, VT-153, based at Naval Air Station Grosse Ile, Michigan.

He certainly did engage the enemy in battle, and you are a lying, worthless piece of shit.

George H. W. Bush - Wikipedia

TBD Avenger torpedo bomber...A crew of 4...He's the only one who survived.

the man has just dies some poster need to show a little respect. but of course snowflakes have no class

From Wikipedia:

The United States formally entered World War II in December 1941, following Japan's surprise attack on Pearl Harbor in Hawaii. Six months later, Bush enlisted into the U.S. Navy[5] immediately after he graduated from Phillips Academy on his eighteenth birthday. He became a naval aviator, taking training for aircraft carrier operations aboard USS Sable.[4][6] After completing the 10-month course, he was commissioned as an ensign in the United States Naval Reserve at Naval Air Station Corpus Christi on June 9, 1943 (just three days before his 19th birthday), which made him the youngest naval aviator to that date.[5]

In September 1943, he was assigned to Torpedo Squadron 51 (VT-51) as the photographic officer.[5] The following year, his squadron was based in USS San Jacinto as a member of Air Group 51, where his lanky physique earned him the nickname "Skin".[7] During this time, the task force was victorious in one of the largest air battles of World War II: the Battle of the Philippine Sea.[5]

After Bush's promotion to lieutenant (junior grade) on August 1, 1944, San Jacinto commenced operations against the Japanese in the Bonin Islands. Bush piloted one of four Grumman TBM Avengers of VT-51 that attacked the Japanese installations on Chichijima.[8] His crew for the mission, which occurred on September 2, 1944, included Radioman Second Class John Delaney and Lt.(jg) William White.[5] During their attack, the Avengers encountered intense anti-a fire; Bush's aircraft was hit by flak and his engine caught fire. Despite the fire in his aircraft, Bush completed his attack and released bombs over his target, scoring several damaging hits.[5] With his engine ablaze, Bush flew several miles from the island, where he and one other crew member of the TBM bailed out;[9] the other man's parachute did not open.[5] Bush waited for four hours in an inflated raft, while several fighters circled protectively overhead, until he was rescued by the submarine USS Finback, on lifeguard duty.[5] For the next month, he remained in Finback and participated in the rescue of other aviators. Several of those shot down during the attack were executed, and their livers were eaten by their captors.[10] This experience shaped Bush profoundly, leading him to ask, "Why had I been spared and what did God have for me?"[11]

In November 1944, Bush returned to San Jacinto and participated in operations in the Philippines until his squadron was replaced and sent home to the United States. Through 1944, he flew 58 combat missions[9] for which he received the Distinguished Flying Cross, three Air Medals, and the Presidential Unit Citation awarded to San Jacinto.[5] Bush was then reassigned to a training wing for torpedo bomber crews at Norfolk Navy Base, Virginia. His final assignment was to a new torpedo squadron, VT-153, based at Naval Air Station Grosse Ile, Michigan.

He certainly did engage the enemy in battle, and you are a lying, worthless piece of shit.

George H. W. Bush - Wikipedia
--------------------- so what , as VP he and 'reagan' did amnesty n 1986 Task .

I'm not sure you understand what fighter pilots do. They, by nature, engage the enemy.

Such ignorance.

My job was to shoot down fighter pilots when turning on IFF (identification friend or foe) was a court martial offense. Splash Bogie Foxtrot 5.

Last edited:
Just saw a news alert on FOX that George H,W, Bush has passed away.
Former President George H.W. Bush Dies at 94

Just saw a news alert that this is like the forth thread on the same topic. If I were moderator, I'd ban you for a week for being too stupid or lazy to check first if there was already a thread.
Did it occur to you those threads might have been posted after mine? Feel free to ban yourself for a week for being to stupid or lazy to consider that.

One of the most heinous warmongering families in Murican history......Fucks not given.

Only 6 posts in before someone gets the "ignore"!
NoneInBox.jpg

The Media really has rehabilitated the whole Bush Family over the past couple of years.

Expect to see a lot of praise for the man's life on MSNBC and CNN- HW's opposition to the Trumpster will pay benefits.

Although, when HW actually ran for office, the libs ripped him as a racist and nazi for the disrespect Mr. Bush gave to Willie Horton during the campaign.

The first ballot I ever cast was for HW for Vice President in 1980. when I was just 24.

He was also the first Presidential candidate I voted for in the 1980 primary.

When the hell did Americans get so dumb as to willingly and blindly elect the former head of the CIA? And then wax nostalgic about it?

That's like, something only stupid Russians would do. . . purposely elect a spook for president. :eusa_doh:

At least Barry Soetoro had the common decency to lie and have the whole establishment hide the truth and spread disinfo. about his days as an active agent. :dance:

Hey everyone, look over there, he was born in Kenya. . . . NOT. :abgg2q.jpg:

Rest in peace, GHW Bush. Thanks for all the trouble you went to giving time to your office in the Senate as well as the Executive Office. I don't think it was a coincidence that the Berlin Wall fell on your watch. I was inspired to read of your service in WWII and surviving a crash under heavy artillery fire, and then saving others until rescue units came your way. My deepest condolences to your wonderful and accomplished family who survived you. The Cold War and the fall of the Berlin Wall were on your watch due to the respect you garnered worldwide for your gift of your support of liberty and the human spirit. Prayers up! :eusa_pray:

No offense intended, but I think you have your stories confused. He didn't crash, he bailed out, and he was rescued by a submarine.

Forum List

Back