Zone1 Generation Juicebox: How 30-Year Olds Became Atheist Leftist Basket Cases.

It's not our church. It's not our job to sell it either. If anyone is turned away from Jesus Christ because they can no longer kill their own babies--that is definitely not our problem.

It's astounding how many people claim to understand Christianity, but do not.
People are turned off because church looks like a club for opinionated assholes.

All because they got a juicebox instead of drinking from a water fountain?

Tell me if this scenario sounds familiar to you. A kid was born in the early 1990s. His helicopter parents enrolled him in every imaginable activity starting at age 6. Soccer, basketball, T ball, scouts, play groups. They made snacks for the kids. During soccer practice, instead of heading for the water fountain like we did, they sipped juiceboxes. During middle school, their parents, conscious of paving the way to getting into a good college, started planning their classes and extra-curriculars. The kids themselves always went along with the exhausting schedule of activities but acted disinterested. Then the kid went to college. The parents helped them pack, helped them move in, carried, stuff, oversaw their housing. The kid graduated, got a job, moved to a bigger city, lived alone.

During the formative years, the family had attended church and probably leaned conservative. The parents really had every great intention, vowing to be more hands-on than their 1950's era parents were and to make their kids into super achievers. And now the kid is 30 and has fallen off the cliff. He/she has counseling, is depressed, takes medication, feels stressed and overwhelmed by the job, stops going to church, perhaps moving to atheism, starts falling for the absurd liberal agenda, gets tats, maybe a piercing, has either no relationship or cohabitates, stops talking to aunts, uncles, rarely talks to the parents and other family members, has a pet, and basically isolates.

I have observed the above scenario numerous times and wonder how it happens. Perhaps it is escapism after being so overscheduled all their lives. Perhaps it is rebellion. Or perhaps it is the conscious effort of the Marxist left to ensnare vulnerable young people by bombarding them with leftist propaganda and 'values' via social media.

Any thoughts? And let me pre-empt right now idiotic comments about kids finally 'seeing the light' when they are clearly in a dark place.
At fourteen(just graduated from 8th grade) I ended up on a farm. All I had was some clothing & my back & hands along with my head. I quickly learned two things about my situation back then, If I was going to be fed I had to work for it, & #2, I had to get enough money to get out of that situation. It took me two & half years to clear that lifestyle BUT I learned a LOT about life while going through the school of hard knocks. I had no experiences as a kid that you have listed above in the hypothetical situation but the 'pet' & super achiever(desperation). I did learn about basic carpentry(mostly framing) concrete work, milking Jerseys, veg gardening, field equipment etc. We had one dog, three horses & eventually some Black-Tailed deer that started camping out on our acreage(we were feeding them).

In my junior year of school I landed a job @ a boat top/auto upholstery shop then dropped out of school to work as much as I could to save up money to get out of that farming lifestyle. I ended up on acreage of my own, not in that Willamette valley area of Oregon but up here in eastern Washington. My past pets up here in eastern Washington are unusual but predictable due to my stint on that farm in Oregon, horses, black labs, goats & White-Tailed deer(I feed them). The reason I am telling you all of the above is this; WE ALL ARE PRODUCTS OF OUR PAST ENVIRONMENT. I hated bucking bales of hay(wire bales & no harrow bed!), repairing fences & milking those high strung Jerseys but I turned right around & took on a lifestyle that I previously hated with a passion!!! WHY? Because that lifestyle is what I knew. I furthered my education in my thirties but it was too late for me as I now could not relate to cities as the farming lifestyle is what I was brought up in as a YOUNG MAN.

People are a lot like the miniature electric trains of old: put them on a track & they will repeat the journey over & over again. Just human nature.

Tell me if this scenario sounds familiar to you. A kid was born in the early 1990s. His helicopter parents enrolled him in every imaginable activity starting at age 6. Soccer, basketball, T ball, scouts, play groups. They made snacks for the kids. During soccer practice, instead of heading for the water fountain like we did, they sipped juiceboxes. During middle school, their parents, conscious of paving the way to getting into a good college, started planning their classes and extra-curriculars. The kids themselves always went along with the exhausting schedule of activities but acted disinterested. Then the kid went to college. The parents helped them pack, helped them move in, carried, stuff, oversaw their housing. The kid graduated, got a job, moved to a bigger city, lived alone.

During the formative years, the family had attended church and probably leaned conservative. The parents really had every great intention, vowing to be more hands-on than their 1950's era parents were and to make their kids into super achievers. And now the kid is 30 and has fallen off the cliff. He/she has counseling, is depressed, takes medication, feels stressed and overwhelmed by the job, stops going to church, perhaps moving to atheism, starts falling for the absurd liberal agenda, gets tats, maybe a piercing, has either no relationship or cohabitates, stops talking to aunts, uncles, rarely talks to the parents and other family members, has a pet, and basically isolates.

I have observed the above scenario numerous times and wonder how it happens. Perhaps it is escapism after being so overscheduled all their lives. Perhaps it is rebellion. Or perhaps it is the conscious effort of the Marxist left to ensnare vulnerable young people by bombarding them with leftist propaganda and 'values' via social media.

Any thoughts? And let me pre-empt right now idiotic comments about kids finally 'seeing the light' when they are clearly in a dark place.
The frontal lobe should be mostly grown in by then, no? That is when the concept of time and consequences kick in. You really start to evaluate where you are in life.

The media has been moving people from one manufactured crisis to the next. You're damn straight these kids are nervous. Boomers and Gen X were nervous because we were all going to be nuked and nothing mattered.

This is all about how you can talk about how much you dislike liberals.

Here is a thought. Small minds discuss people. That leads to "self-isolation".

At fourteen(just graduated from 8th grade) I ended up on a farm. All I had was some clothing & my back & hands along with my head. I quickly learned two things about my situation back then, If I was going to be fed I had to work for it, & #2, I had to get enough money to get out of that situation. It took me two & half years to clear that lifestyle BUT I learned a LOT about life while going through the school of hard knocks. I had no experiences as a kid that you have listed above in the hypothetical situation but the 'pet' & super achiever(desperation). I did learn about basic carpentry(mostly framing) concrete work, milking Jerseys, veg gardening, field equipment etc. We had one dog, three horses & eventually some Black-Tailed deer that started camping out on our acreage(we were feeding them).

In my junior year of school I landed a job @ a boat top/auto upholstery shop then dropped out of school to work as much as I could to save up money to get out of that farming lifestyle. I ended up on acreage of my own, not in that Willamette valley area of Oregon but up here in eastern Washington. My past pets up here in eastern Washington are unusual but predictable due to my stint on that farm in Oregon, horses, black labs, goats & White-Tailed deer(I feed them). The reason I am telling you all of the above is this; WE ALL ARE PRODUCTS OF OUR PAST ENVIRONMENT. I hated bucking bales of hay(wire bales & no harrow bed!), repairing fences & milking those high strung Jerseys but I turned right around & took on a lifestyle that I previously hated with a passion!!! WHY? Because that lifestyle is what I knew. I furthered my education in my thirties but it was too late for me as I now could not relate to cities as the farming lifestyle is what I was brought up in as a YOUNG MAN.

People are a lot like the miniature electric trains of old: put them on a track & they will repeat the journey over & over again. Just human nature.
i built my farm, and boy could we trade notes Jack.......~S~

The media has been moving people from one manufactured crisis to the next

indeed so

fact is, our government has fowarded much of that to them for generations

fear is a very basic human element those in positions of power have always used to control constituency

the only dif being, modern media is far more proliferating , with the current generation far more adept at utilizing it

~S~

JB131, if that's what you got out of 12 years of Catholic education, you seriously need to get a refund. You are an idiot. Don't blame the Church.

Catholic parochial schools were HUGELY beneficial to our overall society, raising a generation of good citizens who obeyed the law, paid their taxes, often went into public service (broadly defined), and were intelligent enough to see through the political bullshit that prevails in this country, and vote rationally - either Left or Right, but rationally.

The one statistic that the Media is reluctant to publish when it comes to the Catholic child-abuse scandal is the percentage of kids affected. It was microscopic. In twelve years of Catholic education (in Pittsburgh), I never even heard a rumor of this sort of misconduct in any of the schools and/or churches that I was associated with. One priest was accused of kissing a married woman. One neighborhood kid that became a priest resigned after 30 years (with a spotless record) to "come out of the closet." That's it. Nothing having to do with school kids. There were tens of millions of Catholic kids in parochial schools, and although the total numbers of abuse victims is staggering, as a percentage of the total it was very small. I suspect that an equal number of kids were abused by family members or neighbors during the period in question. And the nuns who taught us were the real heroes of that generation - one could write a book.

What killed parochial education in this country is seldom spoken about because of the various contrary Narratives of the Left. Public schools became so expensive, driving up real estate taxes dramatically, that Catholic parents concluded they could not justify paying school tuition over and above the burdensome real estate taxes that they were saddled with. I made the same mistake myself, with predictable results. The generations now aged from 25-45 were raised with three different insidious mantras: (1) there are no stupid questions (2) there are no "right" or "wrong" answers, and (3) everyone gets a trophy. They have applied these three "princlples" to almost everything in their lives, with very distressing results.

"We" would be a much better society if 30% of our kids were educated in parochial schools through 12th grade.

indeed so

fact is, our government has fowarded much of that to them for generations

fear is a very basic human element those in positions of power have always used to control constituency

the only dif being, modern media is far more proliferating , with the current generation far more adept at utilizing it

~S~
I agree. Herman Goering said, "Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

I think the most uncontrollable element has been social media. You can tell by the moral outrage and fear of the platforms themselves. Democracy Now and their attempt to do a hit job on Discord or the continuous fear of TikTok. Just like they did on YouTube.
For a lot of these kids it has simply been their form of communicating. They do have more of that manipulation continuously but the up shot is that for many they learn much faster the number of ways that manipulation is occurring.

Those 30 yr olds were simply not conned by Trump and know the truth. They simply did not believe his nonsense, did not like him as a person, do not want a person like trump to be a role model for their children. Trumps 4 years of turmoil, lying to the public, divisiveness, his "locked and loaded" mentality with other countries, making unfortunate decisions based on his "gut", inability to govern, his failures during the covid crisis has resulted in today's mess. The result of poor decisions always takes years to rear its ugly head, and was predictable. He is a talk show host, good at it, and is still doing this at his photo op rallies.
Nobody saw the "light" since the "light" is as obvious as the nose on your face.
On a lighter note---GO PITT!

JB131, if that's what you got out of 12 years of Catholic education, you seriously need to get a refund. You are an idiot. Don't blame the Church.

Catholic parochial schools were HUGELY beneficial to our overall society, raising a generation of good citizens who obeyed the law, paid their taxes, often went into public service (broadly defined), and were intelligent enough to see through the political bullshit that prevails in this country, and vote rationally - either Left or Right, but rationally.

I think this is where you are confused. People who sent their Catholic kiddies to Catholic schools were ALREADY privileged, which is why I didn't even meet any people of color until 9th grade. I mean, it's easy to "obey the law" if you have a roof over your head, food to eat every night, and are making enough money to pay taxes on.

The one statistic that the Media is reluctant to publish when it comes to the Catholic child-abuse scandal is the percentage of kids affected. It was microscopic. In twelve years of Catholic education (in Pittsburgh), I never even heard a rumor of this sort of misconduct in any of the schools and/or churches that I was associated with. One priest was accused of kissing a married woman. One neighborhood kid that became a priest resigned after 30 years (with a spotless record) to "come out of the closet." That's it. Nothing having to do with school kids. There were tens of millions of Catholic kids in parochial schools, and although the total numbers of abuse victims is staggering, as a percentage of the total it was very small. I suspect that an equal number of kids were abused by family members or neighbors during the period in question. And the nuns who taught us were the real heroes of that generation - one could write a book.

Really, Catholic School I went to, TWO of the priests were accused of misconduct. The only thing that surprised me was that one of them involved a teen girl, because I was sure that guy way queer as a square donut.

When you come right down to it, when you recruit guys who have no interest in adult women, you are going to get your pedophiles, you ephebophiles and your other deviants, all trying to convince themselves their urges are something they can pray away. Then you have this goofiness of confession where all the other priests have to cover it up for you, which they did.

What killed parochial education in this country is seldom spoken about because of the various contrary Narratives of the Left. Public schools became so expensive, driving up real estate taxes dramatically, that Catholic parents concluded they could not justify paying school tuition over and above the burdensome real estate taxes that they were saddled with. I made the same mistake myself, with predictable results. The generations now aged from 25-45 were raised with three different insidious mantras: (1) there are no stupid questions (2) there are no "right" or "wrong" answers, and (3) everyone gets a trophy. They have applied these three "princlples" to almost everything in their lives, with very distressing results.

Um... okay. Again, a bit confused. What made Catholic Schools more expensive was

1) The IRS stopped the shell game where parents with kids were required to "donate" every week. So they had to start calling tuition as tuition.
2) When all those lesbians stopped becoming nuns, they stopped providing "Free Labor" and they had to start hiring teachers who wanted to be paid.
3) All these non-Catholic families started trying to get their kids in, and the CHurch was happy to take them over poorer Catholics (especially the ones coming from South of the Border), it meant they were less inclined to push the Dogma.

"We" would be a much better society if 30% of our kids were educated in parochial schools through 12th grade.

Not really. You forget WHY parochial schools are "successful".

1) When your parents are shovelling out money, they are going to be more involved.
2) When you can pick and choose your kids, you aren't taking Corky the Tard, or Jamal the gangbaner, or Paco the kid who can't speak English.

I'm 60. Most kids I knew didn't go to church. Well, Easter maybe.
I have two kids under 20, and both have better morality and ethics than this Mashmont character. Bot seem to easily be more educated and adjusted to society as well.

If they sat in their rooms and complained about children not being brainwashed into a cult and expressed contempt for most of humanity -- like our OP does -- then I would get them some help.

Any thoughts?
A couple of thoughts not mentioned...more children in daycare and more children going back and forth to different residences due to divorced parents. We also have more single parents. My own observation is that there is seldom one issue that influences their adult behavior, but a combination of any three can have an effect.

A couple of thoughts not mentioned...more children in daycare and more children going back and forth to different residences due to divorced parents. We also have more single parents. My own observation is that there is seldom one issue that influences their adult behavior, but a combination of any three can have an effect.

Not sure how daycare is causing atheism, exactly, but okay.

I can't really speak for 30 year olds, but I can tell you how I stopped believing as a man now in his sixties who stopped believing in his early 20's.

I went to Catholic Schools for 12 years. Which mean much of my education was handled by frustrated gays and lesbians who thought they could "Pray Away the Gay". Thankfully, we had a gay revolution in the 1970's and these sad people stopped joining the Holy Orders, but I digress. But even at a young age, I started to notice the discrepancies. "Hey, Sister, the Gospels of Luke and Matthew both have different genealogies of Jesus, and they both trace them through Joseph, who wasn't his real father."

WHACK!!!!

"Hey, I just noticed the bible says 'No GRAVEN IMAGES', and yet we have all these statues of the Saints in our church!"

WHACK!!!!

"Why did God drown all the babies?"

"Because they were WICKED BABIES. WIIIIIICKED!!!!"

By high school, I was introduced to the notion that MAYBE there were prosaic explanations for the miracles. Maybe the Great Flood was only a local flood. Maybe Jesus actually survived his crucifixion. Maybe the parting of the Red Sea was only the tide going out.

Then I got to college. Now, two things happened while I was in college. 1) both of my parents got sick and died, and all the praying in the world didn't help them. and 2) I was introduced to more concepts that made me think that this God stuff was a lot of superstition. Like how stories in the bible were plagiarized from stories in other mythologies.

So pretty much by the time I was out of College, I was pretty much done with religion.
1. Nobody is worshipping graven images. Those statues you see in church are reminders. This is more of a complaint of non-Catholics. People who attended Catholic schools generally understand this.
2. You presume to know what is best when you tell God how to answer your prayers, as in praying that someone lives, but you don't know the whole picture or the whole plan.
3. If you discarded God out of college, then you replaced Him with another god, one which is necessarily inferior. So what is your god now?

Forum List

Back