Gas prices coming down fast.

Not claiming to be an expert but certainly more knowledgeable and experienced than you.
Based on what? Listening to Sean Hannity.
I spent a few years trading commodities, that's how I know what's involved here. And yes, all fuel is a commodity. When you use your own hard earned money to invest in such a high risk market you do a lot of studying, trial and error to protect your money. You spend weeks and months educating yourself on exactly what's involved.
I know you have done it all, commodity trader, slum lord, truck driver, fireman, dog catcher, etc.
The US produces not only enough food for our people, but enough to feed other countries as well. But guess what? We still trade things like corn, wheat, soybeans, cattle, hogs, cotton, lumber, and a host of other items we use every day. The commodities market was designed to stabilize prices. No, it does not work in our favor every time, but we would be much worse without it.
Commodities are not like stocks. With stocks you invest in the companies that produce products or services. When you buy commodities, you are buying (or selling) the actual products itself. It's all very involved to paraphrase it in a few paragraphs, but you can trust me when I claim I know what I'm talking about.
So all these folks are wrong and you are more of the expert in the field than they are.

“Energy independence” is a political phrase, not a literal phrase. Despite how Trump and others have made it sound, it does not mean the US was ever going it alone.

“A ridiculous term,” said Jim Krane, an energy studies fellow at Rice University’s Baker Institute for Public Policy.

“A horrible term,” said Jeff Colgan, professor and director of the Climate Solutions Lab at Brown University and an expert on the geopolitics of oil.

“This stupid term,” said Amy Myers Jaffe, an energy expert and a research professor at The Fletcher School at Tufts University.

The term has various non-literal definitions. And the US did satisfy some of these definitions under Trump in 2020 — as it did again in the 11 months of 2021, mostly under Biden, for which we have complete data.

For example, in both periods, the US exported more crude oil and petroleum products than it imported. It also produced more primary energy than it consumed.

But the trucker driver, slum lord knows more.

$3.09/gallon at KwikTrip here in southern Wisconsin. Possibly even lower at the Indian-owned (owners from India) stations.
It's called winter. Happens every year.

What does energy independence really mean?
On a national scale, energy independence means that a country can create all the energy it needs to power homes, cars, businesses, etc., and does not rely on buying energy from foreign countries. Because the United States consumes more petroleum than it produces, it must compensate for that discrepancy by importing oil (crude and refined) from other countries.
But, if the music stops America can produce all its energy needs from within its borders.

Based on what? Listening to Sean Hannity.

I know you have done it all, commodity trader, slum lord, truck driver, fireman, dog catcher, etc.

So all these folks are wrong and you are more of the expert in the field than they are.

“Energy independence” is a political phrase, not a literal phrase. Despite how Trump and others have made it sound, it does not mean the US was ever going it alone.

“A ridiculous term,” said Jim Krane, an energy studies fellow at Rice University’s Baker Institute for Public Policy.

“A horrible term,” said Jeff Colgan, professor and director of the Climate Solutions Lab at Brown University and an expert on the geopolitics of oil.

“This stupid term,” said Amy Myers Jaffe, an energy expert and a research professor at The Fletcher School at Tufts University.

The term has various non-literal definitions. And the US did satisfy some of these definitions under Trump in 2020 — as it did again in the 11 months of 2021, mostly under Biden, for which we have complete data.

For example, in both periods, the US exported more crude oil and petroleum products than it imported. It also produced more primary energy than it consumed.

But the trucker driver, slum lord knows more.

So what do people who don't like the term have to do with it? There are people who don't like what we consider unemployment, labor participation rate, poverty, welfare, recession. It doesn't mean shit. It's the terms and definitions we've always used.

I have done a lot of things in my life. Always trying to better yourself is a conservative concept where as liberals like yourself sit on your ass in one place all their lives and bitch about everybody else. Bitch about how much money other people have, bitch how much you were paid for a job, bitch about the cost of housing and rents, bitch about everything but never lift their lazy asses up to try and do something about it. The Democrat party is the party of excuses.

So what do people who don't like the term have to do with it? There are people who don't like what we consider unemployment, labor participation rate, poverty, welfare, recession. It doesn't mean shit. It's the terms and definitions we've always used.
Because it is one of those bullshit made-up right-wing terms that doesn't amount to shit.
I have done a lot of things in my life. Always trying to better yourself is a conservative concept where as liberals like yourself sit on your ass in one place all their lives and bitch about everybody else. Bitch about how much money other people have, bitch how much you were paid for a job, bitch about the cost of housing and rents, bitch about everything but never lift their lazy asses up to try and do something about it. The Democrat party is the part of excuses.
Save that bullshit, you clowns kill me trying to claim that right wing, conservatives are the only successful folks in this country. That right wingers are the only folks who work hard in this country.

Because it is one of those bullshit made-up right-wing terms that doesn't amount to shit.

Save that bullshit, you clowns kill me trying to claim that right wing, conservatives are the only successful folks in this country. That right wingers are the only folks who work hard in this country.

Never said that. But the complainers about life and our country in general always seem to be on the left. You don't see many people on the right complain about what Walmart pays, because people on the right worked those kind of jobs and went out to better themselves. It's people on the left always crying about minimum wage whereas people on the right simply found better paying jobs instead of complaining. People on the right don't cry about not being able to support their family. People on the right only had kids they could afford, or people on the right like myself that never had kids so we didn't get into any long term financial obligations.

Your comment that sprung this conversation is about your disbelief I did so many different things in life. I've been working since the age of 12. I delivered news papers. I worked summers with my bricklaying father as a child. When I got older, he got me into the union and I tried the trade myself. Didn't care for it so I moved on. I drove a food delivery truck otherwise known as a roach coach. I worked at a car wash, afterwards a factory for about a year, then found my passion in driving a truck. I spend ten years after that in medical delivering equipment and eventually repairing medical equipment. When I had enough of that went back to truck driving, and eventually got my Class A license to drive a tractor-trailer. In that time I also worked additional jobs like delivering pizza, worked for Manpower temporary services, worked for an industrial cleaning company, and even a music teacher.

When I settled for a career driving a tractor-trailer, my landlord told me he was looking to sell the place down the road, so I bought it from him. And back to topic, on top of my real estate investments, I tried the stock market and commodities market. If I didn't approve of something in life, I changed it if I could.

Conservatives are happier and healthier than liberals. That's a good measure of success. :)

Then try to understand this: People making up to 125K a year can get those handouts and couples making up to 250K a year. How is anybody making that kind of money "struggling?"

Tom Brady got nearly $1 million dollars from his PPP that he didn't have to pay back. How was he struggling?

Tom Brady got nearly $1 million dollars from his PPP that he didn't have to pay back. How was he struggling?

Nobody ever made the claim he was. Superbadbreath made the claim that these people with loans out are struggling. That's fine except for the fact Dementia was only trying to use our tax dollars to buy votes for his party. That's why he had the limits placed so high that even the well-to-do got them. It's just you people with lack of integrity and dishonesty can't come to terms with that. This is why our country is so Fd up now. We have people like you on the left that refuse to see the nose on your own face.

4.75 in vegas.....

Screenshot_20221207_091810_Samsung Internet.jpg

Nobody ever made the claim he was. Superbadbreath made the claim that these people with loans out are struggling. That's fine except for the fact Dementia was only trying to use our tax dollars to buy votes for his party. That's why he had the limits placed so high that even the well-to-do got them. It's just you people with lack of integrity and dishonesty can't come to terms with that. This is why our country is so Fd up now. We have people like you on the left that refuse to see the nose on your own face.

Trump's billions for corporate farms was an attempt to buy votes also.

Trump's billions for corporate farms was an attempt to buy votes also.

Right, because we have tens of millions of farmers that could change an election. :rolleyes:

Trump provided for the farmers during our battle with China for fairer trade deals. WTF do you think farm subsides are, and how long have we been providing them?

Forum List

Back