Friend. What does that mean to you?

One of my real friends that IS a friend, had a car accident. This happened many years ago. She was leaving my house from a week long visit and got smacked by some guy in a truck. She screwed up her neck and back, and had to stay put. So of course I brought her home while they dragged her totaled car off. I took care of her for almost a month. She said she was going to sue and when she got the money, she would take me shopping anywhere I wanted to go. I said no need....but she insisted. Just her and I...shopping. The mall I enjoyed going to, or downtown Higuera there in San Luis Obispo. Anywhere. Even SF if I wanted to go down there...or up to Santa Barbara to their quaint State Street stores. She said it would be fun for both of us. Her treat. So....couple of years later...she called and said "I got the money! Where ya wanna go shopping?" and I calmly said "In Lahaina. Maui. Downtown". Two days later we were on a plane to Maui. That was the BEST time ever, lol.

A friend will take on your problems as if they were their own.

I've been a friend to many but have had few

Same friend..another time: She was due for a surgery. She was scared. Alone. Wanted me to come be with her. I was at work.
I called my boss and said I had to go. Now. Boss said if I left, I would be fired. I said fine. Fire me. And I went.

One of my real friends that IS a friend, had a car accident. This happened many years ago. She was leaving my house from a week long visit and got smacked by some guy in a truck. She screwed up her neck and back, and had to stay put. So of course I brought her home while they dragged her totaled car off. I took care of her for almost a month. She said she was going to sue and when she got the money, she would take me shopping anywhere I wanted to go. I said no need....but she insisted. Just her and I...shopping. The mall I enjoyed going to, or downtown Higuera there in San Luis Obispo. Anywhere. Even SF if I wanted to go down there...or up to Santa Barbara to their quaint State Street stores. She said it would be fun for both of us. Her treat. So....couple of years later...she called and said "I got the money! Where ya wanna go shopping?" and I calmly said "In Lahaina. Maui. Downtown". Two days later we were on a plane to Maui. That was the BEST time ever, lol.

Same friend..another time: She was due for a surgery. She was scared. Alone. Wanted me to come be with her. I was at work.
I called my boss and said I had to go. Now. Boss said if I left, I would be fired. I said fine. Fire me. And I went.
So you got fired and that is why my fries were late

I really don't worry about it. Of course there are different levels of friendship. I am willing to be neighborly to most anyone..

That word is used as loosely as the word "racist". Not that they are the same..just use wise.
This is my friend. This was my friend. We are friends. Yadda yadda.

What does that term mean to YOU? What do you expect from a "friend"? How are you are good "friend" and what would you do to for a "friend".

I have many acquaintences. Some, for years. But as far as "friends" are concerned...I am more picky on using that word and have extended it to only a very scant few. Less than the fingers on one hand. Some, it took over 10 years to be one...to them or them to me.

So when a "friend" of mine...one of the few, I might add, says to me "I gotta go now. I have to meet MY FRIEND at the mall". Someone she met a week ago. Friend. Like....eyeroll.

Which made me start this thread. What is FRIEND to you?
It is a big deal for me to consider somebody a friend. The older and wiser we get, the more we can see how utrustworthy people can be. I know that even my closest friends can turn on me, but I just enjoy my time with them as much as I can.

To me, a friend is somebody who I can trust, and somebody who trusts me. Somebody who supports, appreciates, and shares judeo Christian values.

That word is used as loosely as the word "racist". Not that they are the same..just use wise.
This is my friend. This was my friend. We are friends. Yadda yadda.

What does that term mean to YOU? What do you expect from a "friend"? How are you are good "friend" and what would you do to for a "friend".

I have many acquaintences. Some, for years. But as far as "friends" are concerned...I am more picky on using that word and have extended it to only a very scant few. Less than the fingers on one hand. Some, it took over 10 years to be one...to them or them to me.

So when a "friend" of mine...one of the few, I might add, says to me "I gotta go now. I have to meet MY FRIEND at the mall". Someone she met a week ago. Friend. Like....eyeroll.

Which made me start this thread. What is FRIEND to you?
It takes a decade ++ for "friendship". I got lots of "amigos" and I can count my friends for 60 years on 1 1/2 hands. I guess I have 7 off the top of my head. I've known all 7 for 50 plus years.
"Friend" can be more powerful than family.By far. Don't use the term loosely. I gots hunnerdz of 'buddies". Most probably aren't really "friends".
A "friend' will be there, no matter the consequence or cost.
I second this, especially the thing about friends being more powerful than family.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back