fried squash blooms....nailed it!

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
IMG_20180825_111540194.jpg
IMG_20180825_111545535.jpg
IMG_20180825_111852869.jpg

seemed so simple...stuff them with cheese and fry....

so that is what i did....
IMG_20180825_112342151.jpg

so i sashay out to the hard working hubby....proudly giving him this plate of fried squash...
he is on a ladder and takes a bite.....gets a look on his face and ask if i tried it....no ....he hands me the plate...i try it....i spit it out....

nailed it!!!

so that is what i did....View attachment 212855

so i sashay out to the hard working hubby....proudly giving him this plate of fried squash...
he is on a ladder and takes a bite.....gets a look on his face and ask if i tried it....no ....he hands me the plate...i try it....i spit it out....

nailed it!!!
Are they bitter?

my husband is not a picky eater....in over 35 yrs of marriage...he has refused to eat two dishes..this being the 2nd ...

my husband is not a picky eater....in over 35 yrs of marriage...he has refused to eat two dishes..this being the 2nd ...
sounds like a man after my own appetite...even foods I do not like I learn to eat...took me over 50 years to learn to like peas but I eat them by the canful now...only liver and a handful of other things are left to get over...It just sounds to me like there may be a pre-cooking step [or something along those lines] missing from your preparation that resulted in the blooms being bitter.

I ate a chive blossom once. It seems to me a generally good rule of thumb not to eat flowers.

I ate a chive blossom once. It seems to me a generally good rule of thumb not to eat flowers.
when done correctly dandelion is delicious, but yeah, overall, eating flowers has not been very enriching to/for the palate [sp]
Dandelion is SO bitter. I remember as a kid we would pull them in our neighbor's front yard and he would pay us a penny a dozen. You don't want to stick your finger in your mouth for any reason after that.

Forum List

Back