Buying organic veggies at the supermarket is a waste of money

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Having lived on a farm, I’ve always believed this organic hype to be nothing but a marketing ploy.

Higher price doesn’t really mean higher quality

Organic produce is not necessarily better for the environment

Any health benefits from organic produce are teeny-tiny

Even the “Dirty Dozen” vegetables we’re told to avoid aren’t really that dirty

[they are: Strawberries, Spinach, Nectarines, Apples, Grapes, Peaches, Cherries, Pears, Tomatoes, Celery, Potatoes, and Sweet Bell Peppers. + Hot peppers. From Dirty Dozen™ Fruits and Vegetables with the Most Pesticides ]

Organic farms don’t treat their workers any better

And there’s no reason to expect your organic vegetables to taste better, either

The best option? Grow your own if you can. Or buy them from the local farmers market.

More @ Buying organic veggies at the supermarket is a waste of money - Quartz - Pocket

Personally I prefer the organic fruits because they are usually smaller and just taste better

What good is a Granny Smith apple the size of a softball if it's mealy and has no taste when the ones that are the size of a baseball are crisp and packed full of tart and juicy goodness

i just don't want to pay the xtra money buying the advertised organic . Same goes for bottled water although i like Premium Tea and Coffee and don't mind paying for it . ------ Just a comment .

I don't buy them either, we do have a garden though plus, Apples, plums and grapes growing on our property.
We are on a well and even though we have a softener, reverse osmosis and a filter, we buy bottle water for our coffee.

We buy produce when we can at the local farmers market. We have a very good one here that is well supported. It is well regulated also, so the "farmers" are truly farmers.
Our of season we buy at Fresh Thyme market. Best produce around here.

Same goes for bottled water although i like Premium Tea and Coffee and don't mind paying for it . ------ Just a comment .
Try Distilled Water
It Can Come In A Container With A Spigot
Used To Buy It For Camping
No Additives Or Preservatives
It's The Purest Water You Can Buy

Another Thing About Distilled
I've Never Had One Form Algae

Last edited:

Forum List

Back