Free will/time is fixed conundrum

Religion and science are both conflicted on this. Most religions depended on predetermination. And physicists are coming to the conclusion that time is "fixed", past present and future all exist at once. And there is Libet's experiment...
How do most religions depend upon predetermination?

A better way of understanding free will would be the choice of following or not following an impulse. In this regard, humans are distinctly different than the animal kingdom. At least in degrees anyway.

A better way of understanding free will would be the choice of following or not following an impulse.
No, that's contrary the entire point of the science i mentioned. These decisions were always acted out. There was no knowledge of any impulse to resist. That is the point.

It would be more accurate to say matter and energy were created from nothing than to say matter and energy doesn't need to come from anywhere
No, because we don't know that it was "nothing" that came before.
Sure we do. Matter and energy are not eternal. It can't be.
They don't have to be eternal for us not to know what came before the matter and energy in our universe. Obviously. Inherently. A very odd response by you.

A better way of understanding free will would be the choice of following or not following an impulse.
No, that's contrary the entire point of the science i mentioned. These decisions were always acted out. There was no knowledge of any impulse to resist. That is the point.
I'm addressing the flaw in your logic. I'm not addressing the science. How me make decisions has nothing to do with free will. As long as a decision was made a choice was selected. The act of selecting a choice is free will. How we go about that selection is irrelevant. Two people in identical situations can select different choices. The context of free will is better described by choosing to follow an impulse or choosing to override that impulse. It's what differentiates us from the animal kingdom and is the key distinction in free will.

It would be more accurate to say matter and energy were created from nothing than to say matter and energy doesn't need to come from anywhere
No, because we don't know that it was "nothing" that came before.
Sure we do. Matter and energy are not eternal. It can't be.
They don't have to be eternal for us not to know what came before the matter and energy in our universe. Obviously. Inherently. A very odd response by you.
You need to deal with the fact that energy and matter were created from nothing without violating the law of conservation.

That or argue against science.

The God/Man has free will paradox --the way I see it.

Lets start with a few axioms.

1. God is omnipotent, omniscient (all knowing past, present and future) and omnipresent.
2. God has freewill.
3. At time (t) = 0, there was God and only God before God created the universe. and God begun his creation at that time (perhaps creating time its self).

When God created the universe per axiom 1 he had complete control to the most minute detail. Also, since God has freewill, he could create the universe as he chose from infinite possibilities (p1,p2,p3 to infinity). When God created the universe, he knew all future events that would occur based on how he created and set the universe in motion. God is in control of all "butterfly" effects. He knows how the all future events differ if he moves, adds or deletes a single atom. When he created the universe, he knew that I would type this post about this paradox; however, he also knew exactly how to manipulate his creation so that my life would be exactly the same up to this point, but then diverging because I appear to choose not to type this post. So if God knew in advance every decision I would make when he set the universe in motion, but also had the ability to cause me to choose differently by setting the universe in motion differently, do I have freewill, or were all my decisions predetermine by God only to give me the illusion of freewill?

I agree about God, but time is a component of another dimension. If a being has access to that dimension, then they can affect our universe and its three dimensions. They can't affect your free will, but can put something physical to prevent you from arriving someplace such as a lawyer's exam. Thus, you may be discouraged or it prevents you from becoming a lawyer as you find an alternative. You are a being of three dimensions, so you can affect someone living in two dimensions.

A problem with the multiple timeline/multiple universe theory is where does the new mass and energy for each new timeline/universe come from?
If universes have net zero energy, it doesn't need to some from anywhere.

I suspected as much. This is just more scientific atheism BS to prop up multiverses.

There is no multiverse because one can't go back in time to a universe in the past. Only forward. Forward doesn't need a multiverse.

Religion and science are both conflicted on this. Most religions depended on predetermination. And physicists are coming to the conclusion that time is "fixed", past present and future all exist at once. And there is Libet's experiment...
predetermination...actually, Pre-Destination...other than in the Gospel According to John, in what other religion's scripture is this concept mentioned?

New Topics

Forum List

Back