Free the Nipple

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Whilst vacationing in Boulder, Colorado this week, I happened upon a "Free the Nipple" demonstration in the popular venue of the Pearl Street (walking) Mall.

The theory is that men may go topless in public but women, in effect, are required to cover their nipples. As Dave Barry has pointed out, a woman's bikini may be made of dental floss, but as long as her nipples (and pubic hair) are concealed, she is Good with the Law.

The "demonstration" was largely comprised of a small group of homely women, most having extensive body art and piercing, parading around topless, aided and supported by three or four times that number of shirtless men, similarly decorated.

Presumably the vast majority of them were college students here at the University of Colorado (perversely known locally as "CU").

What next? No more body shaving? No more bathing? No more artificial birth control?

What would their fathers think of how they are spending their Fall at college?

Whilst vacationing in Boulder, Colorado this week, I happened upon a "Free the Nipple" demonstration in the popular venue of the Pearl Street (walking) Mall.

The theory is that men may go topless in public but women, in effect, are required to cover their nipples. As Dave Barry has pointed out, a woman's bikini may be made of dental floss, but as long as her nipples (and pubic hair) are concealed, she is Good with the Law.

The "demonstration" was largely comprised of a small group of homely women, most having extensive body art and piercing, parading around topless, aided and supported by three or four times that number of shirtless men, similarly decorated.

Presumably the vast majority of them were college students here at the University of Colorado (perversely known locally as "CU").

What next? No more body shaving? No more bathing? No more artificial birth control?

Are you thinking we are turning into France?

Once gravity has its way with them, it's not pretty. Downright nauseating, if you ask me. Same for men, as a nude photo of myself would confirm.

Those of us who are old enough remember the "burn your bra's!" movement, that lasted about fifteen minutes in the early 70's. Women discovered that bra-less attire could be uncomfortable, particularly while physically active, and young men could not resist touching those emancipated tata's. Not always pleasing to the owner of them.

The silliness of youth is all it is. And the impotence of contemporary "higher education." These twits think that the lessons of thousands of years of Western culture can be tossed aside because in a half-inebriated moment of clarity, female modesty "makes no sense" to them. It is such as these who will be bemoaning a hundred thousand in student loan debt to go with their degrees in Wimmins' Studies.

I understand there is a (no pun intended) growing feminist movement of women not shaving under the arms along with dying it. Not a clue how well that is being embraced by men. Pun intended lol

Once gravity has its way with them, it's not pretty. Downright nauseating, if you ask me. Same for men, as a nude photo of myself would confirm.

Those of us who are old enough remember the "burn your bra's!" movement, that lasted about fifteen minutes in the early 70's. Women discovered that bra-less attire could be uncomfortable, particularly while physically active, and young men could not resist touching those emancipated tata's. Not always pleasing to the owner of them.

The silliness of youth is all it is. And the impotence of contemporary "higher education." These twits think that the lessons of thousands of years of Western culture can be tossed aside because in a half-inebriated moment of clarity, female modesty "makes no sense" to them. It is such as these who will be bemoaning a hundred thousand in student loan debt to go with their degrees in Wimmins' Studies.

What is the lesson that allows men to go shirtless but women cannot?

It is a fairly pointless social norm. There's no particularly good reason for it, unless it is to sexualize breasts. That said, having grown up in this society, to suddenly have women walking around with their breasts uncovered would certainly be a shock to the system.

Standard isn't pubic hair but the vulva itself. And the nipple (and usually areole too.)

Women should be allowd to go topless where ever men can. Male breasts does everything a woman's can include lactate (look it up.) And fat guys and those suffering gynochlomastia have proper breasts just like women. It's thus sheer prejudice women have to conceal their tops.

Bottoms I'm a little more in agreement with outside the context of a 'sunning' and swimming areas. No earthly reason to wear anything if swimming or tanning. But going nude in a shopping center for example or walking down the street is a bit much.

Forum List

Back