Free Markets And Democracy?

Well for once I happen to agree with you, PC. New democracies struggle to get it right (er, correct) politically, then must face the wrath of the class of people who perceive themselves as being left out. Iraq is a perfect example. The reason for the civil war was because the Shiites had been the minority sect previously beholden to the privileged Sunnis and when that changed with the ouster of Saddam Hussein, all hell broke loose. And it's still a very shaky situation there, although gone from the front pages.

Well for once I happen to agree with you, PC. New democracies struggle to get it right (er, correct) politically, then must face the wrath of the class of people who perceive themselves as being left out. Iraq is a perfect example. The reason for the civil war was because the Shiites had been the minority sect previously beholden to the privileged Sunnis and when that changed with the ouster of Saddam Hussein, all hell broke loose. And it's still a very shaky situation there, although gone from the front pages.

Yes...it seems the professor turned over a rock I would rather have not considered.

"Well for once I happen to agree with you, PC."
Now I need a tissue.

And to think, I dissed Wry....

Yes...it seems the professor turned over a rock I would rather have not considered.

"Well for once I happen to agree with you, PC."
Now I need a tissue.

Forum List

Back