Francis Keys bridge hit by ship. Bridge collapses, mass casualty event.

There's also a possibility that the pilot ordered a hard turn to starboard in an attempt to run aground.

Then power went down and the rudder returned to neutral. If it didn't return to neutral the ship might have safely run aground?
You have no idea

The 12v stuff apparently kept working. They had VHF, and the AIS transponder didn't have any gaps. The voice recorder kept going too, so maybe it was on the same power source.
There won't be any 12v power to lose, that voltage is too unreliable due to bad connections. Any 'control' power available would have to be higher voltage battery back up or more likely from emergency generators.

You have no idea
Actually I've been offering possible options.

Are we hearing some sort of a 911 type denial syndrome in which excuses need to be offered on account of Americans not being able to believe it was possible?

Let's all allow the discussion to flow freely!

Disrupting the discussion is an indication of fear.

Timeline fits with the video record.
Timeline that is acceptable to the investigation and can be released to the public, is consistent with the video record.
Does it contain a satisfactory explanation of the course change to line up with the most vulnerable spot on the bridge?

I think everybody wants to know!

Does it contain a satisfactory explanation of the course change to line up with the most vulnerable spot on the bridge?
Looks like everybody has a pretty good idea based on what's already available. Just think, the investigations findings will be released sometime next year, if we're lucky.

If interest is dying, I'll attempt a wrapup for this topic.

There's a burning suspicion that China has been a part in this incident.

There's also a possibility that the pilot ordered a hard turn to starboard in an attempt to run aground.

Then power went down and the rudder returned to neutral. If it didn't return to neutral the ship might have safely run aground?
Without engine power it could have run aground if the currents forced it aground.

This just in...... Francis Scott Key was a possible slave owner. Biden says let the damn bridge stay how it lies.

When I firdt heard the Francis Scott Key Bridge was hit by a container ship I thought it was the Key Bridge from Georgetown in DC to Rosslyn, where the Potomac is less than 10 feet deep. I thought now that is suspicious.

I have no reason to suspect foul play. What AyeCantSeeYou said is how I'm seeing it- some sort of mechanical failure- bad fuel or whatever, and just really bad timing.

5 minutes either side, they would probably be dealing with nothing more than a grounded ship...
The data recorder is the head scratcher, because it's supposed to be bullet proof for later analysis if something bad were to happen.

Forum List

Back