Francis Keys bridge hit by ship. Bridge collapses, mass casualty event.

See the 56 second video by 'X' that is posted! That ship steered deliberately exactly into the bridge support!

Note we need to understand that the 'ship' steered and not necessarily somebody on board the ship steered.

This short video illustrates how it all happened better than any other obstructed views of the incident/accident.
The container ship lost control when the power went out. There was nothing deliberate about it. Faults that come into play include: maintenance issues causing the outage and the original construction of the bridge not including adequate impact protection.

Last edited:
The container ship lost control when the power went out. There was nothing deliberate about it. Faults that come into play include: maintenance issues causing the outage and the original construction of the bridge not including adequate impact protection.
The deliberate thing about it was by Mr. ship, and the deliberate attempts to ignore mr. ship changing course to hit the bridge support. See the 56 seconds 'X' video that was posted by the mod.

The deliberate thing about it was by Mr. ship, and the deliberate attempts to ignore mr. ship changing course to hit the bridge support. See the 56 seconds 'X' video that was posted by the mod.
Those currents are strong. They also don’t always run in the same direction all the time. They swirl around and cause big problems for ships which are disabled and dead in the water. The bigger the ship, the bigger the problem.

Those currents are strong. They also don’t always run in the same direction all the time. They swirl around and cause big problems for ships which are disabled and dead in the water. The bigger the ship, the bigger the problem.
Those currents are not strong.

The captain, in this case, is a white man, no talk of incompetence or DEI or any other such nonsense.

Everything being the same, but w/a Black captain, or woman captain, does anyone think it'd be the same response from the usual suspects?
The captain wasn't in command or control of the ship at the time of the accident. The harbor pilot was.

You bound and determined to just stir the dang pot.

The deliberate thing about it was by Mr. ship, and the deliberate attempts to ignore mr. ship changing course to hit the bridge support.
I think the obvious answer is right in front of us. If you lost steering and were careening towards the bridge pylon, your only last ditch effort would be to drop your port anchor, in hopes of turning away from the looming pylon. Think about that.
The captain wasn't in command or control of the ship at the time of the accident. The harbor pilot was.
I don't totally agree. Those harbor pilots can direct and advise the ship's captain without directly taking the helm. Sometimes, yes, but not all the time. When it hit the fan, it was all hands on deck.

So crew is complaining about being kept on board and rehearsed about how to talk
5 days to get a translator?

Yes they are. They are strong enough to move huge disabled container ships.
So ships lose their weight and 100000 tons gets moved around by 8moh currents. Notice also that boat changed movement and then was steadfast until impact

I think the obvious answer is right in front of us. If you lost steering and were careening towards the bridge pylon, your only last ditch effort would be to drop your port anchor, in hopes of turning away from the looming pylon. Think about that.

I don't totally agree. Those harbor pilots can direct and advise the ship's captain without directly taking the helm. Sometimes, yes, but not all the time. When it hit the fan, it was all hands on deck.
I was wrong about the harbor pilots being in legal command, they aren’t, they “advise“ the captain who remains in legal command and carries the responsibility for the age operation of the ship.

So ships lose their weight and 100000 tons gets moved around by 8moh currents. Notice also that boat changed movement and then was steadfast until impact
Current will move a ship that large, but any course alteration or speed change will be very incremental, The wind would have more effect than a half knot current.

I was wrong about the harbor pilots being in legal command, they aren’t, they “advise“ the captain who remains in legal command and carries the responsibility for the age operation of the ship.
No biggie......I've watched Mighty Cruise Ships and saw them both running the helm or advising, depending on what port they were going into.

One time they were waiting on the HP for some time and he showed up looking quite fried.

Forum List

Back