Foxconn. OK, we lied.

How are you making a comparison of a company that isn't producing something to Amazon? Either way I hope you keep your thinking when it comes to the massive subsidies coming for green energy jobs.

They lied about what they would do and Amazon lied about what they would do. All the same, the taxpayers should never be on the hook for any of it. Amazon can't afford to build it's own headquarters?
Governor Cambell gave BMW a tax break to come here, one of the best things he did. Created thousands of good paying jobs.

Yeah, and the next governor who offers them a great deal will pull up stakes and go for the best deal they can get. Your taxpayers are on the hook for all of that infrastructure and investment and no jobs to pay for it.

The Conservative Party of Canada gave GM a $50 million tax break to keep an auto plant in Canada. Two years later, they moved the plant to Mexico.

Corporations are now entering into bidding competitions with cities for facilities in their cities. NYC was awarded the Amazon headquarters after it promised $9 billion in free infrastructure paid for by New York Taxpayer. There is something very unseemly about the richest man in the world, the world's very first trillionaire, demanding $9 billion in freebies from the last working class neighbourhood in New York.

The US is not going to be in a position to compete for these plants unless and until you rid yourselves of the right wing militants who threaten your political stability. Capital hates political stability more than anything else. Worldwide capital and investment are now looking to Canada to provide an entry in the the North American free trade zone, in part, because it's hard for them to find any executives willing to move their families to the USA. Top reasons for picking Canada:
  • Politically stable
  • Higher quality of education, with more than 50% of the workforce having completed post secondary education and training
  • Best place in the world to live 2 years running
  • High speed 5G internet coast to coast
  • Universal health care
  • Gun laws
  • A modern Constitution passed in 1982, which now includes equal rights for women, gays, and minorities
  • Modern infrastructure and transportation systems.
You bring your infrastructure into the 21st Century, and that includes green energy, WIFI, universal health care, quality education across the country, and a fair slice of the pie for working Americans, but until that happens, you're going to have a problem encouraging investment in your nation.
BMW has been here for over 30 years and has invested billions and all we did was not make them pay property taxes for a certain amount of years. They have paid millions in taxes and their employees i bet it's in the billions in payroll tax and we would have nothing if we didn't give them a break for a few years.

Great. They would have still done the same if we didn't allow them into blackmailing the states.
I don't think you know what blackmail means. Is it blackmail for me to tell a store I am not going to shop there, because another store offers a better deal? I think not.

Give me this or I go elsewhere is blackmail.
its called "doing business",,,
So boycotts work that way too....I guess instead of whining & calling boycotts cancel culture --we should just call it "doing business"

How are you making a comparison of a company that isn't producing something to Amazon? Either way I hope you keep your thinking when it comes to the massive subsidies coming for green energy jobs.

They lied about what they would do and Amazon lied about what they would do. All the same, the taxpayers should never be on the hook for any of it. Amazon can't afford to build it's own headquarters?
Governor Cambell gave BMW a tax break to come here, one of the best things he did. Created thousands of good paying jobs.

Yeah, and the next governor who offers them a great deal will pull up stakes and go for the best deal they can get. Your taxpayers are on the hook for all of that infrastructure and investment and no jobs to pay for it.

The Conservative Party of Canada gave GM a $50 million tax break to keep an auto plant in Canada. Two years later, they moved the plant to Mexico.

Corporations are now entering into bidding competitions with cities for facilities in their cities. NYC was awarded the Amazon headquarters after it promised $9 billion in free infrastructure paid for by New York Taxpayer. There is something very unseemly about the richest man in the world, the world's very first trillionaire, demanding $9 billion in freebies from the last working class neighbourhood in New York.

The US is not going to be in a position to compete for these plants unless and until you rid yourselves of the right wing militants who threaten your political stability. Capital hates political stability more than anything else. Worldwide capital and investment are now looking to Canada to provide an entry in the the North American free trade zone, in part, because it's hard for them to find any executives willing to move their families to the USA. Top reasons for picking Canada:
  • Politically stable
  • Higher quality of education, with more than 50% of the workforce having completed post secondary education and training
  • Universal health care
  • Gun laws
  • A modern Constitution passed in 1982, which now includes equal rights for women, gays, and minorities
You bring your infrastructure into the 21st Century, and that includes green energy, WIFI, universal health care, quality education across the country, and a fair slice of the pie for working Americans, but until that happens, you're going to have a problem encouraging investment in your nation.
BMW has been here for over 30 years and has invested billions and all we did was not make them pay property taxes for a certain amount of years. They have paid millions in taxes and their employees i bet it's in the billions in payroll tax and we would have nothing if we didn't give them a break for a few years.

Great. They would have still done the same if we didn't allow them into blackmailing the states.
I don't think you know what blackmail means. Is it blackmail for me to tell a store I am not going to shop there, because another store offers a better deal? I think not.

So boycotts work that way too....I guess instead of whining & calling boycotts cancel culture --we should just call it "doing business"
who am I to tell you what to do??

• Politically stable
  • Universal health care
  • Gun laws

Lol, if I don't agree with the businesses choices I don't shop there. Liberals ruin their business, just ask the baker. So fuck off.

• Politically stable
  • Universal health care
  • Gun laws

Right. Hold police officers accountable or we will burn things down.

Thanks for straightening me out.

• Politically stable
  • Universal health care
  • Gun laws

hahah on what planet is that true? Does a person have a right to go elsewhere? So you are ok, with Govts or people telling others they aren't free to move? The Soviets noticed that people would move to, that's why they created the Berlin Wall.

• Politically stable
  • Universal health care
  • Gun laws

I have no problem with a boycott. I do have a problem with people being censored or fired for their political beliefs.

• Politically stable
  • Universal health care
  • Gun laws

Right. Hold police officers accountable or we will burn things down.

Thanks for straightening me out.
No that is actual blackmail or extortion. There is a threat of violence. Sort of what the juror in George's case felt. It undermines the Judicial system

• Politically stable
  • Universal health care
  • Gun laws

Lol, if I don't agree with the businesses choices I don't shop there. Liberals ruin their business, just ask the baker. So fuck off.
Cool....if you don't agree with how a Twitter or a YouTube enforces their TOS or how an Amazon run its business...instead of whining about "big Tech" and crying cancel culture -- just don't do business with those companies....

There is always Rumble, Parler and now Frank speech

• Politically stable
  • Universal health care
  • Gun laws

I have no problem with a boycott. I do have a problem with people being censored or fired for their political beliefs.
First off...

The first amendment applies to what the government can or can't do.....

Now who is the government censoring for their political beliefs??

I'll wait

This is a bigger argument than this one case. What we see here is a company making grand promises to get huge socialist programs to finance them from the taxpayers. They promise the world but realities are far different.

Foxconn Finally Admits It Won't Create 13,000 Jobs in Wisconsin

This is why I fully supported AOC coming out and telling Amazon NO on their demands on taxpayers funds. There was no way their promises were ever going to come to fruition. It's odd at how those who condemn government socialism so quickly support things like this.

If you have a business, the taxpayers should never be on the hook for your costs.
This isn’t ‘socialism.’

And who exactly is at fault, Foxconn or the state of Wisconsin – the point could be made it’s the latter.

This is a bigger argument than this one case. What we see here is a company making grand promises to get huge socialist programs to finance them from the taxpayers. They promise the world but realities are far different.

This is why I fully supported AOC coming out and telling Amazon NO on their demands on taxpayers funds. There was no way their promises were ever going to come to fruition. It's odd at how those who condemn government socialism so quickly support things like this.

If you have a business, the taxpayers should never be on the hook for your costs.
It was about tax breaks. Not receiving tax payer funds.
So you are saying that a company receiving tax subsidies from state and federal governments isn't the same as them receiving tax payer money??

Then how come all of the whining about state and federal government subsidizing stuff like Medicaid?? I have heard that referred to many times as people getting taxpayer money for free healthcare
You are comparing tax breaks to medicaid subsidizing? :lol:
These businesses are also being subsidized...you do understand that right??
Keeping more of your money isnt being subsidized, you ridiculous dumbfuck.
If you are exempted from paying property taxes for 15 years -- that isn't just keeping more of your money -- that is a budget hole that has to be filled......by raising taxes on people who didn't get a 15 year tax holiday...

But keep sucking that oligarchy dick......
My money doesn't belong to The State, foo.

I love the idiocy of the conservative voter on the matter of taxes.

YOUR money. Who paid for the roads you drive to work on? The streets you walk on? Who pays pipes in the ground that bring you fresh, safe drinking water, and takes your shit away? If your house catches fire, the fire department comes and puts out the fire. You have schools, libraries, a post office. You have safety and security. You live in a first world country.

I guess you think all of this happens like magic for free. You claim you're entitled to the best quality of life in the world but you think that the taxes which pay for all of this are "theft" of YOUR hard earned money.

There are lots of countries in the world where the citizens pay no taxes. They're what Trump called "shithole countries". You'll need a LOT of money to live there in safety and security. You'll need enough money to build your own generator and water purification system. You'll also need to hire a round the clock security force to keep your possession for being stolen, and to bribe the local officials to help keep the war lords off you as well. It won't be safe or stable, but hey - no taxes!!!

The taxes you pay are not "theft" of YOUR money. They're your share of the costs of running and maintaining a first world country. The biggest, baddest military in the world - you want it, YOU have to pay for it.

By allowing your government to run on these massive deficits to keep you in the style to which you have become accustomed, and refusing to the pay the taxes necessary to pay for all of this FREE SHIT you're getting, YOU are stealing your children's and grandchildren's future.

But that's right wingers. I got mine and fuck the rest of you!
View attachment 483472

YOU CAN'T EVEN REFUTE WHAT I POSTED A$$HAT.

WHAT ARE THESE SOLUTIONS YOU'RE PROPOSING??? ANYONE CAN SAY THERE ARE OTHER WAYS OF FINANCING YOUR COUNTRY. WELL WHAT ARE THEY? REPUBLICANS HAVEN'T PROPOSED ANYTHING OTHER THAN INCREASING THE DEBT UNTIL THE COUNTRY GOES BANKRUPT!

THIS IS THE REPUBLICAN PARTY. THE PARTY OF NO. WHAT DEMOCRATS ARE DOING IS WRONG. WE HAVE NO SOLUTIONS, BUT THEY'RE LYING AND THEY'RE WRONG. NO PLATFORM, NO AGENDA, NO PROGRAMS, JUST "NO".

This isn’t ‘socialism.’

And who exactly is at fault, Foxconn or the state of Wisconsin – the point could be made it’s the latter.

It's both.

The problem isn’t ‘socialism’ – whatever that’s supposed to be; the ‘problem’ is capitalism, and of course that’s really not a ‘problem.’

Everyone should expect private business to lie and be dishonest, to look out for its own self-interest, even at the expense of taxpayers.

Wisconsin has only itself to blame, to be so naïve as to believe a private capitalist entity would keep its word.

This isn’t ‘socialism.’

It's both.
Can’t agree – see post #154.

This isn’t ‘socialism.’

It's both.
Can’t agree – see post #154.

And an entity that should be expected to lie and cheat shouldn't be highly regulated?

The $10 billion Foxconn factory is dramatically downsized
"The $10 billion factory that Taiwanese electronics company Foxconn was set to build in Wisconsin, and that former President Trump hailed as the new "eighth wonder of the world", has been drastically scaled back, it's been announced. Launching the project in 2017... boasted that the 20 million-square-foot factory, building cutting-edge, flat-screen displays for TVs and other devices, would revitalize US manufacturing and create 13,000 jobs.

"However, this week Foxconn has confirmed that its investment in the Wisconsin plant has been reduced to just $672 million, with only 1,454 jobs being created. The news comes after a considerable amount of US taxpayer money has already been spent on the site, with the village where the factory is located spending $152 million on buying up 132 properties to make space for the project, as well as $7.9 million to relocate residents, and a further $200 million on improving roads and tax exemptions to local governments offering job training, according to records uncovered by Wisconsin Public Radio."

And another one drops in the dust.

1619295858019.png

• Politically stable
  • Universal health care
  • Gun laws

First off...

The first amendment applies to what the government can or can't do.....

Now who is the government censoring for their political beliefs??

I'll wait
what did I say about the First Amendment? I'll wait

• Politically stable
  • Universal health care
  • Gun laws

Cool....if you don't agree with how a Twitter or a YouTube enforces their TOS or how an Amazon run its business...instead of whining about "big Tech" and crying cancel culture -- just don't do business with those companies....

There is always Rumble, Parler and now Frank speech
I just think they should lose their Govt provided immunity since they are no longer acting under the terms of the law.

Forum List

Back