Fox Sports Calls Out Fox Host For 'Insensitive Comments' About Cowboys QB

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA
"Speaking on Fox Sports' "Undisputed," Bayless questioned Prescott's ability to be a team leader after going public with his battle with depression in the wake of his brother's death in April -- I don’t have sympathy for him going public with, ‘I got depressed. I suffered depression early in COVID to the point where I couldn’t even go work out.’ Look, he’s the quarterback of America’s Team-[Fox Sports responded by saying] "We do not agree with Skip Bayless’ opinion on Undisputed this morning. We have addressed the significance of this matter with Skip and how his insensitive comments were received by people internally at FOX Sports and our audience.”

Fox should have fired Skip, why Skip still has a job period is beyond me -- given his history...I grew up in Dallas, I am very familiar with the BS he has done -- in fact, he got ran up out of Dallas because of it... Dak Prescott's older brother [white T-shirt] committed suicide this past April -- Dak and his 2 brothers have a deep bond -- they had no idea Jace was dealing with depression after the passing of their mother from cancer and never sought help for it and he never told anyone about it -- Dak and his other brother did seek help...and that help was key......
93677d67c18999b30bfaf1e1addeba73.jpg

Later, Dak went public and shared his story of dealing with the depression because he felt this topic is too stigmatized and one is made to feel weak for saying they need help -- and as for Skip -- this habit we see of those in the media, trolling for attention and mouse clicks -- this is exactly the reason why Skip and so many others do what they do -- they have no real talent to offer other than trying to say something edgy or offensive to get attention.....I lost 2 older brothers in the span of 6 months so I know how it feels....and I can't imagine some sports reporter with little man complex talking shit about me and my brothers' death for ratings; it wouldn't go well for him -- I may not be much of a Dak fan as a player, but I definitely have much more respect for him as a man...

I've never been able to watch him. I understand that the job of someone like him is to create controversy to draw ratings but not like this.

Quit watching him and he goes away.

Its the job of sports analysts to create controversy and interest in the games and the players, to give the viewers a reason to care one way or another about the games and get people to watch.

The promo by Mr. Bayless apparently was successful, as it ginned up your interest.

As far as Mr. Prescott, I am sorry about whatever personal tragedies he has gone through- psychiatric problems, suicide, whatever. But getting people stoked to want to tune in to the game is part of his job description.

I've never been able to watch him. I understand that the job of someone like him is to create controversy to draw ratings but not like this.

Quit watching him and he goes away.
I also never liked Bayless

but that applies to practically all the sports mouths on TV

typically 2 or more liberal idiots are positioned around a table or in a studio and they shout at each other

its all about getting attention and advertisers

Any sports fan with a brain tuned them out years ago

Since the NFL “woke” I no longer follow that sport

so I missed the Dak Prescott story entirely till today

oh well

Its the job of sports analysts to create controversy and interest in the games and the players, to give the viewers a reason to care one way or another about the games and get people to watch.

The promo by Mr. Bayless apparently was successful, as it ginned up your interest.

As far as Mr. Prescott, I am sorry about whatever personal tragedies he has gone through- psychiatric problems, suicide, whatever. But getting people stoked to want to tune in to the game is part of his job description.

Bayless having zero concern over Prescott's mental health does make me want to see Prescott do well but it also enforces my idea that I can't watch Bayless. As I noted, he is not losing share by me not watching as I quit watching him long ago but I imagine this will turn off others also.

Fox Sports Calls Out Fox Host For 'Insensitive Comments'

When I hear such rubbish, it just makes me both angry and sad. The very word "insensitive comment" implies that everyone is sensitive and that somehow we have committed a grave mistake being insensitive, the worst of all possible fates at a time when now today with the internet, we are all subject to the views and opinions of everyone in the world on everything instantly! Yet how does anyone anticipate anyone's "feelings" in advance unless we operate from the assumption of all of us being these really big snowflakes now whose feelings are like delicate baby eggshells with which we must carefully tiptoe around gingerly and be careful we do not crack?

It has left us all a nation of "sensitive" mewling babies who are now deeply offended and WOUNDED by anything and everything-- -- worse, not just offended, but unable to DEAL with being offended unless by lawsuit and getting people fired from their jobs by committing the gravest of all crimes:

HURTING OUR DELICATE FEELINGS!

Jesus H, Christ

Last edited:
Fox Sports Calls Out Fox Host For 'Insensitive Comments'

When I hear such rubbish, it just makes me both angry and sad. The very word "insensitive comment" implies that everyone is sensitive and that somehow we have committed a grave mistake being insensitive, the worst of all possible fates at a time when now today with the internet, we are all subject to the views and opinions of everyone in the world on everything instantly! Yet how does anyone anticipate anyone's "feelings" in advance unless we operate from the assumption of all of us being these really big snowflakes now whose feelings are like delicate baby eggshells with which we must carefully tiptoe around gingerly and be careful we do not crack?

It has left us all a nation of "sensitive" mewling babies who are now deeply offended and WOUNDED by anything and everything-- -- worse, not just offended, but unable to DEAL with being offended unless by lawsuit and getting people fired from their jobs by committing the gravest of all crimes:

HURTING OUR DELICATE FEELINGS!

Jesus H, Christ
Beacause people never kill themselves.

Forum List

Back