Fox Reportedly Fired At Least 16 'Real Journalists' In Bid To Go Farther Right Wing

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
From the article...

Fox News has reportedly fired at least 16 staffers. They include political editor Chris Stirewalt, who defended the network's Arizona election who defended the network calling Arizona for President-elect Biden, a move that angered President Donald Trump.
  • Fox News has fired Chris Stirewalt, who defended the network calling Arizona for President-elect Biden, a move that angered President Donald Trump.
  • The network has also dismissed at least 15 other staffers, sources told The Daily Beast.
  • Fox attributed the lay-offs to restructuring, but insiders said the decision was a calculated "purge."
  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Fox News has reportedly laid off political editor Chris Stirewalt and more than a dozen other staffers in what insiders described as a "blood bath."
Fox News told Insider that, "as we conclude the 2020 election cycle, Fox News Digital has realigned its business and reporting structure to meet the demands of this new era. We are confident these changes will ensure the platform continues to deliver breakthrough reporting and insightful analysis surrounding major issues, both stateside and abroad," they said.

But insiders told The Daily Beast that the decision is likely to be politically motivated as the network, which is owned by media tycoon Rupert Murdoch, moves towards more right-wing opinion segments rather than news coverage.

"There is a concerted effort to get rid of real journalists," one former staffer told the publication. "They laid capable people off who were actual journalists and not blind followers."

Read more: Fox News has reportedly fired at least 16 staffers. They include political editor Chris Stirewalt, who defended the network's Arizona election call that angered Trump.

I'm not sure why this entity insists on having the word "NEWS" in their name anymore...

Did Weasel Wallace get the axe? How about the "Election Night Election Desk" team? Those were the biggest failures of Fox.

Wallace started the ball rolling with his embarrassing showing at the debate that only a yellow bellied traitor could reproduce, the Election Desk...well... LOL

You are confused Moon Bat.

Fox has gone batshit Left Wing Moon Bat crazy the last few years. They fucked a goat by having a clown moderate on one of the debates and really screwed up kissing China Joes ass on election night and the following weeks.

They lost a significant number of their Conservative audience. Hell the Libtard sonofabitches are now trailing the filthy ass Left Wing fake news networks CNN and MSNBC when they use to lead in the ratings in all time slots.

They fucked their base and now they are paying the price.

The last time I had them on was election night. Turned it off then and never went back.

Whatever they are trying to do now is too little too late. If I wanted to hear the lies and hate of the goddamn Left Wing assholes in this country I would watch CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS or NBC. They are much better at it than Fox. They have had more practice. Fox is just a newcomer in being a shrill for the Communists.

Have they considered that their ratings may have gone down because their reporting on covid actually removed many of their viewers from among the living?

From the article...

Fox News has reportedly fired at least 16 staffers. They include political editor Chris Stirewalt, who defended the network's Arizona election who defended the network calling Arizona for President-elect Biden, a move that angered President Donald Trump.
  • Fox News has fired Chris Stirewalt, who defended the network calling Arizona for President-elect Biden, a move that angered President Donald Trump.
  • The network has also dismissed at least 15 other staffers, sources told The Daily Beast.
  • Fox attributed the lay-offs to restructuring, but insiders said the decision was a calculated "purge."
Fox News has reportedly laid off political editor Chris Stirewalt and more than a dozen other staffers in what insiders described as a "blood bath."
Fox News told Insider that, "as we conclude the 2020 election cycle, Fox News Digital has realigned its business and reporting structure to meet the demands of this new era. We are confident these changes will ensure the platform continues to deliver breakthrough reporting and insightful analysis surrounding major issues, both stateside and abroad," they said.

But insiders told The Daily Beast that the decision is likely to be politically motivated as the network, which is owned by media tycoon Rupert Murdoch, moves towards more right-wing opinion segments rather than news coverage.

"There is a concerted effort to get rid of real journalists," one former staffer told the publication. "They laid capable people off who were actual journalists and not blind followers."

Read more: Fox News has reportedly fired at least 16 staffers. They include political editor Chris Stirewalt, who defended the network's Arizona election call that angered Trump.

I'm not sure why this entity insists on having the word "NEWS" in their name anymore...
Because they report the news just like the rest of the media that claim to do so.

From the article...

It was my impression that the heirs to rupert murdock wanted to move Fox to the left

but maybe the loss of viewers means more to them than invitations to hollywood gala events

From the article...

This isn't that unusual. Lots of turnover and re-shuffling in the media these days. POTUS on Sirius/XM had a bunch of upheaval with it's roster.

Hey Drip, they are every bit the news network if not more than anyone else you can name. Better tuck those snowflake panties back in your shorts. NYT FIRED several top caliber leftwing reporters simply because they SUGGESTED the Left really needed to study the Trump movement and get to better understand it's popularity and why so as to better defend against it.

Fox IS the most balanced network out there going.

1611155321189.png

From the article...

Good riddance and it's too late, MILLIONS of us have left Faux News behind they can wallow in the shit with CNN and MSNBC both of which are beating Faux news right now in ratings. That's what happens when you screw your base.

Fox has gone batshit Left Wing Moon Bat crazy the last few years. They fucked a goat by having a clown moderate on one of the debates and really screwed up kissing China Joes ass on election night and the following weeks.

They lost a significant number of their Conservative audience. Hell the Libtard sonofabitches are now trailing the filthy ass Left Wing fake news networks CNN and MSNBC when they use to lead in the ratings in all time slots.

The last time I had them on was election night. Turned it off then and never went back.

Whatever they are trying to do now is too little too late. If I wanted to hear the lies and hate of the goddamn Left Wing assholes in this country I would watch CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS or NBC. They are much better at it than Fox. They have had more practice. Fox is just a newcomer in being a shrill for the Communists.
Good plan, why hear any other side of an issue, you don't need information to base your opinions on.

Good plan, why hear any other side of an issue, you don't need information to base your opinions on.

You mean like when of the jerkoffs on Fox said that there was no evidence of voter fraud with China Joe?

If I wanted to hear that Democrat lying talking point of "mababydindunutin" I can hear that dishonest shit on CNN all day long.

From the article...

You're not in favor of private business firing suspected extremists?

Did Weasel Wallace get the axe? How about the "Election Night Election Desk" team? Those were the biggest failures of Fox.

Wallace started the ball rolling with his embarrassing showing at the debate that only a yellow bellied traitor could reproduce, the Election Desk...well... LOL

And with that ^ I rest my case!

Why does CNN? Funny how you guys only get your feathers ruffled when the bias goes in one direction, but not the other. How about we had media that was actually unbiased and simply told people the truth across the board?

Forum List

Back