Founding Fathers: We Are Not a Christian Nation

False comparison of derivative analogies: fail.

The nation was founded on a secular Constitution.

Many of the states remained religious for almost fifty years.

Generally, as the 21st Century moves along, we are becoming less a nation generally of Christians.

Translation: I would look really dumb if I said that.

Mark

Are you saying that the US Constitution is not a secular document? And if it is a secular document, then the gov't formed based on it would be secular as well.
If you ask the wrong questions, you'll get the wrong answers. If the US was founded as a secular nation, they would have had to outlaw the official religions in every state. They did not. Therefore, their words, while appealing, did not make the US a secular nation. Mark
Mark, I am beginning to have some hope for you.

Yes, as the Adams who founded the graduate medieval literature program at Harvard allegedly said learning to ask the right questions is the right approach. However, in your case, you don't know the right terms pertaining to the Constitution. The document defines federalism: the governance of a political body divided between two authorities; in this case, the entities were the national and state governments. In 1789, the national government had no power to regulate religious matters in the various states, only for the national government. That would change over time, and the states themselves ended established religions at their levels. Thus we are a nation generally of Christians, but never a Christian nation.

Yes, it would "change over time", and I believe that change was a direct contradiction of what the founders intended. One of which was freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. Mark
Your belief is not substantiated by the evidence. The prohibition was directly aimed at religious establishment, so, yes, the Constitution was designed to keep organized religion out of national government. Yes, people have every right to be free from intrusion by organized religion. You and I have every right to associate privately with our church affiliations.

I'm always amused when people from either side of the political specturm presume to know what the founding fathers thought or believed.

For starters - try reading the U.S. Constitution. They ratified it. It's the founding document that governs us.

Sorry bout that,

1. Go to Detroit, you will see sharia law is working up above the constitution, which is illegal.
2. But look who is in the oval office, yup, a muslim.
3. Liberals are dumb as a sack of rocks.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I'm always amused when people from either side of the political specturm presume to know what the founding fathers thought or believed.

For starters - try reading the U.S. Constitution. They ratified it. It's the founding document that governs us.
We know that you can not in any honesty say they were not driven or inspired by Christian belifes and I can't say they were. Having a seperation of church and state is a good thing but it does not mean they could not have believed the nations ideals and values should not have been guided by christian values. Being guided by these types of values and being governed by them are very different things there is no doubt the founding fathers did not want the nation to be a monachary or a theoracry but it is my opinion they did believe Christian values should be part of guideing people in their decision making.

We know that you can not in any honesty say they were not driven or inspired by Christian belifes and I can't say they were. Having a seperation of church and state is a good thing but it does not mean they could not have believed the nations ideals and values should not have been guided by christian values. Being guided by these types of values and being governed by them are very different things there is no doubt the founding fathers did not want the nation to be a monachary or a theoracry but it is my opinion they did believe Christian values should be part of guideing people in their decision making.

Opinions are like assholes - everybody has one. It is irrelevant what the founding fathers personally believed - because all that matters is the document they wrote and ratified that governs us. EVEN if they had been devout Christians - they sure as hell didn't want that reflected in the Constitution. Therefore, they gave us a "Godless" Constitution - that neither promotes nor denies any religion. Christianity is no more represented in the Constitution than Paganism or Islam.

Opinions are like assholes - everybody has one. It is irrelevant what the founding fathers personally believed - because all that matters is the document they wrote and ratified that governs us. EVEN if they had been devout Christians - they sure as hell didn't want that reflected in the Constitution. Therefore, they gave us a "Godless" Constitution - that neither promotes nor denies any religion. Christianity is no more represented in the Constitution than Paganism or Islam.
No one has said it was in the constitution the only time that comes up is when some loon tries to claim the right wants to turn America into a theoracry. The only claim about the founding fathers the constitution and christianity is that they were guided by it not that they made it part of the constitution.

That's nice and all, but 57% of the GOP wants a Christian Nation, which is why I say that anyone who isn't a liberal is un-American.

anyone who isn't a liberal is un-American.

What a load of bullshit, coming from a typical ignorant liberal. :cuckoo:

Anyone who is a liberal who believes in control, not freedom is un-American.

Anyone who is a liberal and hates Freedom of Speech is un-American.

Anyone who is a liberal and hates the 2nd Amendent is un-American.

That's nice and all, but 57% of the GOP wants a Christian Nation, which is why I say that anyone who isn't a liberal is un-American.

What a load of bullshit! :cuckoo:

Yes, your post was entirely garbage, and liberalism has essentially nothing to do with you enjoying your deadly toys. That is actually too much liberty but it was written a long time ago.

Yes, your post was entirely garbage, and liberalism has essentially nothing to do with you enjoying your deadly toys. That is actually too much liberty but it was written a long time ago.
Another crap filled post from a stupid liberal.

This is a Liberal nation, founded by Liberals based upon Liberalism. If you don't like then get the fuck out. You are neither needed nor wanted here.

Here we let the faggots get married, You won't like that so move to Jesusland.

Mine is a Liberal nation, founded by Liberals based upon Liberalism. If you don't like then get the fuck out. You are neither needed nor wanted here.

And America can do a whole lot better then having you stupid liberal fucks ruining everything.

:fu:

Mine is a Liberal nation, founded by Liberals based upon Liberalism. If you don't like then get the fuck out. You are neither needed nor wanted here.

And America can do a whole lot better then having you stupid liberal fucks ruining everything.
You've tried, and you fail every damn time. All we end up with is debts and wars, and religious intolerance.

OMG, just another FU I know it all post from the knuckle head. Sad to say once again your understanding of this country and the culture of the founding fathers is lacking to say the least.

You've tried, and you fail every damn time. All we end up with is debts and wars, and religious intolerance.

And liberals have tried, and continue to fuck things up. All we end up with is a Big Government - More control, a Nanny State, Political Correctness, Redistribution of Wealth, and Debt. :cuckoo:

And liberals have tried, and continue to fuck things up. All we end up with is a Big Government - More control, a Nanny State, Political Correctness, Redistribution of Wealth, and Debt. :cuckoo:
If you don't like then get the fuck out. It's a Liberal Nation, it wasn't founded for your kind.

If you don't like then get the fuck out. It's a Liberal Nation, it wasn't founded for your kind.
:fu:

:piss2:Liberal Nation.

Forum List

Back