Founding Fathers: We Are Not a Christian Nation

I'm always amused when people from either side of the political specturm presume to know what the founding fathers thought or believed.

For starters - try reading the U.S. Constitution. They ratified it. It's the founding document that governs us.
We know that you can not in any honesty say they were not driven or inspired by Christian belifes and I can't say they were. Having a seperation of church and state is a good thing but it does not mean they could not have believed the nations ideals and values should not have been guided by christian values. Being guided by these types of values and being governed by them are very different things there is no doubt the founding fathers did not want the nation to be a monachary or a theoracry but it is my opinion they did believe Christian values should be part of guideing people in their decision making.

Opinions are like assholes - everybody has one. It is irrelevant what the founding fathers personally believed - because all that matters is the document they wrote and ratified that governs us. EVEN if they had been devout Christians - they sure as hell didn't want that reflected in the Constitution. Therefore, they gave us a "Godless" Constitution - that neither promotes nor denies any religion. Christianity is no more represented in the Constitution than Paganism or Islam.
No one has said it was in the constitution the only time that comes up is when some loon tries to claim the right wants to turn America into a theoracry. The only claim about the founding fathers the constitution and christianity is that they were guided by it not that they made it part of the constitution.

Show me where they were "guided" by it. They went out of their way to avoid any reference to Christianity and/or God. When I was in school, my teachers were only interested in what I put on paper - not what was in my heart or what I was thinking.

Mine is a Liberal nation, founded by Liberals based upon Liberalism. If you don't like then get the fuck out. You are neither needed nor wanted here.

And America can do a whole lot better then having you stupid liberal fucks ruining everything.
You've tried, and you fail every damn time. All we end up with is debts and wars, and religious intolerance.

And liberals have tried, and continue to fuck things up. All we end up with is a Big Government - More control, a Nanny State, Political Correctness, Redistribution of Wealth, and Debt. :cuckoo:
If you don't like then get the fuck out. It's a Liberal Nation, it wasn't founded for your kind.
:fu:
Your religion wasn't wanted in government here 230 years ago, and it isn't now either. Go move to Jesusland little theocrat.

I'm always amused when people from either side of the political specturm presume to know what the founding fathers thought or believed.

For starters - try reading the U.S. Constitution. They ratified it. It's the founding document that governs us.
We know that you can not in any honesty say they were not driven or inspired by Christian belifes and I can't say they were. Having a seperation of church and state is a good thing but it does not mean they could not have believed the nations ideals and values should not have been guided by christian values. Being guided by these types of values and being governed by them are very different things there is no doubt the founding fathers did not want the nation to be a monachary or a theoracry but it is my opinion they did believe Christian values should be part of guideing people in their decision making.

Opinions are like assholes - everybody has one. It is irrelevant what the founding fathers personally believed - because all that matters is the document they wrote and ratified that governs us. EVEN if they had been devout Christians - they sure as hell didn't want that reflected in the Constitution. Therefore, they gave us a "Godless" Constitution - that neither promotes nor denies any religion. Christianity is no more represented in the Constitution than Paganism or Islam.
No one has said it was in the constitution the only time that comes up is when some loon tries to claim the right wants to turn America into a theoracry. The only claim about the founding fathers the constitution and christianity is that they were guided by it not that they made it part of the constitution.

Show me where they were "guided" by it. They went out of their way to avoid any reference to Christianity and/or God. When I was in school, my teachers were only interested in what I put on paper - not what was in my heart or what I was thinking.
Show me were they weren't and more important show me were anyone has claimed christinaty was part of the constitution.

And America can do a whole lot better then having you stupid liberal fucks ruining everything.
You've tried, and you fail every damn time. All we end up with is debts and wars, and religious intolerance.

And liberals have tried, and continue to fuck things up. All we end up with is a Big Government - More control, a Nanny State, Political Correctness, Redistribution of Wealth, and Debt. :cuckoo:
If you don't like then get the fuck out. It's a Liberal Nation, it wasn't founded for your kind.
Your religion wasn't wanted in government here 230 years ago, and it isn't now either. Go move to Jesusland.
My religion?
That's what you get for assuming you stupid fuck. I'm not religious.

Try again, stupid liberal fuck. :cuckoo:

Your religion wasn't wanted in government here 230 years ago, and it isn't now either. Go move to Jesusland.
My religion?
That's what you get for assuming you stupid fuck. I'm not religious.
Well if you have no religion then you have no excuse for not understanding what founded this fucking nation, Liberalism. If you ain't Liberal then you are un-American.

The Influence of the Enlightenment on The Formation of the United States

Show me were they weren't and more important show me were anyone has claimed christinaty was part of the constitution.

So, you want me to prove a negative? NaziCons routinely exclaim that America is a Christian nation. Most of them have probably never even read the Constitution. HOWEVER, if you're suggesting that it is commonly understood that the Constitution is a SECULAR document - what's the problem?

So, you want me to prove a negative? NaziCons routinely exclaim that America is a Christian nation. Most of them have probably never even read the Constitution. HOWEVER, if you're suggesting that it is commonly understood that the Constitution is a SECULAR document - what's the problem?
I' m asking you to back up your claim something you prove you cant do when you resort to the childish Nazicon stuff. Saying America is a christian nation means you believe the people or the majority of them support and believe in the teachings of christ it does not mean your claiming christianity is part of the constitution as usual your spouting off idiocy you can't back up. It's like when you start threads about the wars Bush started and then you are asked what's the other war he started after the Iraq is acknowledged you never have an answer for that.

I' m asking you to back up your claim something you prove you cant do when you resort to the childish Nazicon stuff. Saying America is a christian nation means you believe the people or the majority of them support and believe in the teachings of christ it does not mean your claiming christianity is part of the constitution as usual your spouting off idiocy you can't back up. It's like when you start threads about the wars Bush started and then you are asked what's the other war he started after the Iraq is acknowledged you never have an answer for that.
Hush.

We have always been a nation of Christians, more so in the past and obviously less so in the future.

We have never been a Christian nation.

I only know of TWO wars Bush started: Afghanistan and Iraq. Is there another one?

Since the OP mentions ISIS, I'd like to add the following:

When Sen. Angus King (I-Maine) returned home from a trip to the Middle East in October, he offered a reflection on the Islamic State, also known as ISIS, to the Bangor Daily News:

"My characterization of ISIS is that they have 14th century ethics and 21st century weapons," he said.

King and others who have reached into the Middle Ages for an apt Islamic State comparison may be going back further than they need to. The 19th and 20th centuries work just as well.

More: KKK Was Terrorizing America Decades Before Islamic State Appeared

I only know of TWO wars Bush started: Afghanistan and Iraq. Is there another one?
No you claim he started two wars as you well know though your far to partisan and dishonest to admit the Afghanistan war was started by Al-Qeada with the 9-11-2001 attacks. To claim Bush started the war in Afghanistan is akin to claiming FDR statred the war with Japan and the Pearl Harbor attack had nothing to do with it. Even though your idiocy is well known I do thank you for finally saying Afghanistan and yet again confirming it.

No you claim he started two wars as you well know though your far to partisan and dishonest to admit the Afghanistan war was started by Al-Qeada with the 9-11-2001 attacks. To claim Bush started the war in Afghanistan is akin to claiming FDR statred the war with Japan and the Pearl Harbor attack had nothing to do with it. Even though your idiocy is well known I do thank you for finally saying Afghanistan and yet again confirming it.

I don't fault Bush for invading Afghanistan after 9/11 - but I do fault him for fucking it up and allowing Osama bin Laden to escape Tora Bora. Then, he made a detour into Iraq - which I strongly fault him for.

I don't fault Bush for invading Afghanistan after 9/11 - but I do fault him for fucking it up and allowing Osama bin Laden to escape Tora Bora. Then, he made a detour into Iraq - which I strongly fault him for.
In your previous post you said you know of two wars Bush started the Afghanistan war and Iraq now your saying you don't fault Bush for invading Afghanistan you do realize your contridicting yourself.

And I am always amused when people don't understand English. Of course we know what they meant. Copious amounts of evidence are there for the reading.

Mark

Translation: I would look really dumb if I said that.

Mark

Are you saying that the US Constitution is not a secular document? And if it is a secular document, then the gov't formed based on it would be secular as well.
If you ask the wrong questions, you'll get the wrong answers. If the US was founded as a secular nation, they would have had to outlaw the official religions in every state. They did not. Therefore, their words, while appealing, did not make the US a secular nation. Mark
Mark, I am beginning to have some hope for you.

Yes, as the Adams who founded the graduate medieval literature program at Harvard allegedly said learning to ask the right questions is the right approach. However, in your case, you don't know the right terms pertaining to the Constitution. The document defines federalism: the governance of a political body divided between two authorities; in this case, the entities were the national and state governments. In 1789, the national government had no power to regulate religious matters in the various states, only for the national government. That would change over time, and the states themselves ended established religions at their levels. Thus we are a nation generally of Christians, but never a Christian nation.

Yes, it would "change over time", and I believe that change was a direct contradiction of what the founders intended. One of which was freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. Mark
Your belief is not substantiated by the evidence. The prohibition was directly aimed at religious establishment, so, yes, the Constitution was designed to keep organized religion out of national government. Yes, people have every right to be free from intrusion by organized religion. You and I have every right to associate privately with our church affiliations.

The state governments didn't think so, hence the creation of official religions. And Like I said, if they were within their rights, then how do we square that with what the federal government does today?

We can't. In essence, the government has no authority on these matters.

Mark

Which has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with whether the US was founded as a Christian nation.

Mark

That's nice and all, but 57% of the GOP wants a Christian Nation, which is why I say that anyone who isn't a liberal is un-American.

anyone who isn't a liberal is un-American.

What a load of bullshit! :cuckoo:

Anyone who is a liberal who believes in control, not freedom is un-American.

Anyone who is a liberal and hates Freedom of Speech is un-American.

Anyone who is a liberal and hates the 2nd Amendent is un-American.
Yes, your post was entirely garbage, and liberalism has essentially nothing to do with you enjoying your deadly toys. That is actually too much liberty but it was written a long time ago.

"Too much liberty"?

Bwhahahahahahaha.

Wow.

Mark

And I am always amused when people don't understand English. Of course we know what they meant. Copious amounts of evidence are there for the reading.

Mark
Yes and people can read the exact same thing and interpret them in very differnt ways.

What a load of bullshit! :cuckoo:

Anyone who is a liberal who believes in control, not freedom is un-American.

Anyone who is a liberal and hates Freedom of Speech is un-American.

Anyone who is a liberal and hates the 2nd Amendent is un-American.
Yes, your post was entirely garbage, and liberalism has essentially nothing to do with you enjoying your deadly toys. That is actually too much liberty but it was written a long time ago.
Another crap filled post from a stupid liberal.
Mine is a Liberal nation, founded by Liberals based upon Liberalism. If you don't like then get the fuck out. You are neither needed nor wanted here.

Actually, what we ended up with is a deterioration of society, free love, drugs, shacking up, welfare, divorce, and single family households.

Instead of bragging, maybe you should be holding your nose over the stench you have created?

Mark

Forum List

Back