Former Raiders quarterback Ken Stabler dies

namvet

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
across the pond
Ken Stabler, who quarterbacked the Oakland Raiders to a win in Super Bowl XI has died at the age of 69, the Raiders confirmed Thursday. The University of Alabama passed along a statement from the family, which says Stabler died of colon cancer.

Stabler, nicknamed "The Snake," was a four-time Pro Bowler in the NFL. He won two NCAA titles as a backup quarterback at Alabama, and led the 1966 team to an undefeated record.

story

11698600_1693496417538474_4236421353283761716_n.jpg

Aside from growing up as a Rams fan, my other team was the Kansas City Chiefs. So naturally, I hated Ken Stabler. With that being said, Stabler was probably the greatest 2-minute drill quarterback in the history of the NFL.

He could go right down the field in less than two minutes throwing 15 yard wide outs to Fred Biletnikoff. It was a virtually unstoppable play.

Some might say Unitas or Elway were better, but I say Stabler, since he fucked me so many times.

Snake had a way of pulling out games.....he had the heart of a winner

RIP Kenny

Aside from growing up as a Rams fan, my other team was the Kansas City Chiefs. So naturally, I hated Ken Stabler. With that being said, Stabler was probably the greatest 2-minute drill quarterback in the history of the NFL.

He could go right down the field in less than two minutes throwing 15 yard wide outs to Fred Biletnikoff. It was a virtually unstoppable play.

Some might say Unitas or Elway were better, but I say Stabler, since he fucked me so many times.

I shook hands with Elway in a hotel bar in KC one sat night

Forum List

Back