Former Raiders quarterback Ken Stabler dies

Was Stabler really that good?

I seem to remember George Blanda bailing him out many games.
I saw him play in person. He was one of those guys that had ice in his veins.

He may not have been on the most talented teams, but he always was a pain in the ass for the opposition.

He was one of those guys that would go out and get drunk the night before a Super Bowl and then put 32 points on the Vikings. Joe Montana was like that. You just couldn't screw with his mind. He was 29-1 in high school. He took over Alabama a couple of seasons after Joe Namath left and took them to an undefeated season. Ken Stabler - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I thought those Raider teams in the seventies were very good. Their problem was that the Steelers were better. If not for the Steelers, Oakland probably picks up a couple more Superbowls and Stabler is HOF

The mad bomber

Very fitting
Very good!

The very first NFL football game I ever saw, was when Ben Davidson hit Len Dawson after the whistle blew and both benches just cleared and met in the middle of the stadium. I asked my dad, "Does this happen often?" And he said, "Only when these two teams play. They really hate each other!"

I was out there for the longest game. in 71 vs the fins

Was that the Christmas game?

In this age of tests to discover diseases in all parts of the body, it amazes me that someone with the resources of Stabler reach the point where he did not catch the colon cancer in its early stages with a 99%+ chance of complete cure.

Stabler was one of my favorite Raiders and it's sad to see him gone so young.

In this age of tests to discover diseases in all parts of the body, it amazes me that someone with the resources of Stabler reach the point where he did not catch the colon cancer in its early stages with a 99%+ chance of complete cure.

Stabler was one of my favorite Raiders and it's sad to see him gone so young.

69 is far from young but a lotta people ignore that stuff. my dad died a lung cancer. he quit for many years but failed to follow it up. thinking if you stop your good to go. not

that was on Christmas day. it went from noon to around 7pm. and man did it raise a big stink from families with the NFL

Why don't you take away Jim Otto too?

9eb2f8667ad9649403b11c124f59f956.jpg

Was Stabler the quarterback in the Heidi Bowl?

Nope.

Forum List

Back