Former NFL Player's Home Trashed

Mertex

Cat Lady =^..^=
Apr 27, 2013
Drunken teenagers trash former NFL Player Brian Holloway's home while he is away on vacation, they posted an invite on Twitter. Holloway retaliated by using the same social media to gather the names and pictures and posted them on Twitter. Now the parents of the teens are mad at Holloway for posting their kid's pictures! And, he's trying to help them!

What do you think of that?

Pictured: Moment 300 drunken teens broke in and trashed $1.5m house of ex-NFL player - who's sharing the photos to shame them

Brian Holloway's New York home was in ruins when he came back from vacation
The students from Albany, New York to Pittsfield, Massachusetts documented the chaos extensively via social media

Now the former offensive lineman for the LA Raiders and New England Patriots has turned the mess into HelpMeSave300, a group he's formed to combat the teens' drug and alcohol abuse

A former NFL player’s home was broken into and thoroughly trashed by teenagers in upstate New York over Labor Day weekend.
Brian Holloway, a three time all-pro lineman for the New England Patriots, arrived to his second home in Stephentown on Tuesday to find it covered in urine, graffiti and empty cups and booze bottles.
While he and his family were in Florida, the area high schoolers broke into the $1.5 million house and then with the help of Twitter quickly attracted hundreds of their peers from miles around.

Former NFL player's house is TRASHED by 300 drunken teens after Labor Day weekend break-in | Mail Online

How many acres does he have there? The house looks like in the low $200K range based on today's devastated real estate market if only a couple acres.

Ex-NFL star Brian Holloway may be sued by parents of teens who allegedly trashed his upstate NY home - NY Daily News

The

ebsite, Help Me Save 300, identifies over 100 of the estimated 300 house-crashers who trashed his upstate New York residence, and includes photos and tweets that documented the reckless destruction.

But rather than apologize to Holloway for their children's behavior, some parents have contacted their lawyers to see what legal action they can take against the former Patriots and Raiders offensive lineman, local affiliate ABC News 10 reported.

Read more: Ex-NFL star Brian Holloway may be sued by parents of teens who allegedly trashed his upstate NY home - NY Daily News

Ex-NFL star Brian Holloway may be sued by parents of teens who allegedly trashed his upstate NY home - NY Daily News

The

ebsite, Help Me Save 300, identifies over 100 of the estimated 300 house-crashers who trashed his upstate New York residence, and includes photos and tweets that documented the reckless destruction.

But rather than apologize to Holloway for their children's behavior, some parents have contacted their lawyers to see what legal action they can take against the former Patriots and Raiders offensive lineman, local affiliate ABC News 10 reported.

Read more: Ex-NFL star Brian Holloway may be sued by parents of teens who allegedly trashed his upstate NY home - NY Daily News

And parents like this is why our country is in trouble right now.

Someone has to tell them, "face it, your kid is an asshole, why dont you do something about it?"

that is why the schools are a mess marty

Granted I went to Catholic school (during the 80's for grade school, early 90's for high school), but when you got in trouble back then a parent's response was "what did YOU do to get in trouble young man/woman?"

Now the parents say, "Why did that mean teacher pick on you???"

The poor parenting started long before this incident occurred. While I do not blame the parents for wanting to keep their child's name out of the public eye, they should offer restitution and have their children deal with this situation. These teens are being shown that a person can act without consequences it will be to their detriment throughout their lives. This act was done with a total disregard for the rights of others and that more than the material damage is alarming. Adolescence is a form of insanity I have heard some say and it may be true. I know I look back and say to myself. "what the hell were you thinking" over a few clownish situations, but this type of situation is far worse and carries a greater, more in depth message to the parents, the school system and the community at large.

i cant imagine the type of parent that thinks this behavior is defense able....it is easy to be a bad parent.....being a good one takes a lot of work...24/7

I had a Catholic Education, so in addition to my parents teaching me right from wrong, the school was doing it as well. In public schools morality unless it has to do with feel good PC bullshit is basically ignored. If the kids don't get it from the parents, they get thier moral compass from thier friends and kids slightly older than them, which is basically like howler monkeys trying to learn Shakespeare and Thoureau from a bunch of chimpazees.

The biggest problem is down the road, when these kids who will then be adults do the same stupid thing, and then are SHOCKED that they get arrested for doing it.

back in my childhood days if a kid done such a thing they would get the beating of their life.., also when kids acted improperly the nearest adult would administer some form of punishment and when they got home they got it again.

BUT.......!! today anything a kid does.., even murder, they can expect little or no punishment.

isn't liberalism wonderful ??

little sunzabitches should be thrown in a prison for 90 days on a bread'n water diet and given 20 lashes once a week :up: ........ :lmao: ...... :lmao: ...... :lmao: ...... :lmao:

The

Because my father followed logging, I grew up in logging and ranching communities. Everyone knew what everyone was doing, and, when it was beyond the pale, they made sure the kids knew about it. Today, in the urban setting that most of us live in, the only way to do that is to use the net. These kids need to be identified and ostrazised for their insanity. That is how adolescents learn. Far better that they get a social stigma now, than prison later.

These are good New York liberal parents who do not believe that their children should be judged as having done wrong.

back in my childhood days if a kid done such a thing they would get the beating of their life.., also when kids acted improperly the nearest adult would administer some form of punishment and when they got home they got it again.

BUT.......!! today anything a kid does.., even murder, they can expect little or no punishment.

isn't liberalism wonderful ??

little sunzabitches should be thrown in a prison for 90 days on a bread'n water diet and given 20 lashes once a week :up: ........ :lmao: ...... :lmao: ...... :lmao: ...... :lmao:

In our recent quest to get rid of child abuse (a noble goal for sure) people have overreached and started to determine that any form of physical disipline is taboo.

There is a huge difference between a legitamate asshole child beater and a concerned parent disiplining thier child. The easiest way to tell is the child beater typically whups on a kid for something wrong with the PARENTS life, where disipline involves a whupping for something really really stupid the CHILD did.

So whupping a kid because you had a bad day at work/spouse cheating on you? Asshole child beater, kindly die in a fire. Whupping a kid because they lit the couch on fire and almost burned the house down? Parenting.

okay its good for kids to fear their parents...i did....my son is 31 and fears his father...me not so much but his father can bark and he jumps...when he was young...my hubby didnt hesitate to put him up against the wall and discuss his behavior or lack of...one time he was gonna beat the shit outta the kid but i wouldnt let him...i forget what the kid did....but hubby was never the one to spank ...i did that....but to this day...the son will not push his father..even now when he is stronger...they are like an old alpha dog and a young pup...the old alpha is willing to die or kill for his place..the young one is buffed by that....he is not willing to die or kill and he knows the old one will....what a total bluff that is now....but it keeps everything in line....

okay its good for kids to fear their parents...i did....my son is 31 and fears his father...me not so much but his father can bark and he jumps...when he was young...my hubby didnt hesitate to put him up against the wall and discuss his behavior or lack of...one time he was gonna beat the shit outta the kid but i wouldnt let him...i forget what the kid did....but hubby was never the one to spank ...i did that....but to this day...the son will not push his father..even now when he is stronger...they are like an old alpha dog and a young pup...the old alpha is willing to die or kill for his place..the young one is buffed by that....he is not willing to die or kill and he knows the old one will....what a total bluff that is now....but it keeps everything in line....

Abso-freakin-lutley
I happen to be 6'4" and weigh about 230 lbs. I used every inch/pound of that as an imposing figure for my son as well. I never-ever hit him, nor would have I - but I didn't have to. There was a definite fear/love/respect relationship between us.
My son never spoke back to me in a disrespectful manner nor my wife. For the simple fact I by God backed up threats. If I said you do this - then the consequences are going to be this - then that is exactly what happened.
My daughter when she was about 8 years old, was mad because she didn't have something she wanted, don't remember what it was now...I said to her "you have your own room, your own dresser mirror setup, a TV with a VCR and more freaking toys at 8 then I had my whole life...complain again and you will lose it all for a week".
She complained again, I took everything out of her room - EVERYTHING - but a blanket and a pillow. I left it that way for a whole week. My wife pleaded with me to give it back because she has learned her lesson. Nothin doin' - I said a week, it was a week.
She never complained again.

Forum List

Back