For those with faith no evidence is necessary; for those without it, no evidence will suffice.

For those with faith no evidence is necessary; for those without it, no evidence will suffice. St. Thomas Aquinas

Is this video ok or I should work on it more?

Sorry man, not to knock those with faith but they have faith because the need and want to believe in something. They don’t seek evidence as skeptics because the lack of evidence would only weaken their faith and that’s not what they want to do

Evidence would absolutely suffice for those whiteout faith. It just needs to be real evidence they can trust.

Both things are allowed to be true IMO.

The thing is about faith it's literally just that, faith.

If pushed I'm more inclined to say I believe in God but I don't feel the need to worship. I don't fear God (if he exists).

It doesn't matter if you believe in God or not because our societies and rules/laws are based on a Christian belief set which is a benefit to us all even if we don't know it.

Most religions are harmless and they all seem to get a bad name collectively grouped together due to Islam or some small (and irrelevant) Christian nutters that picket soldiers funerals and make signs celebrating gays getting aids.

Personally I find some the militant atheists more bonkers than your average person who believes in God. They seem convinced that if you believe in God then they've got a God-given right to demand proof from you of his existence knowing fine well you can't give them it because it's just a belief and faith you have.

Kinda like an opinion - and technically an opinion is neither right nor wrong.

I think people take the concept of religion far too literally. Look at it more as a way to live your life, a guide for good, rather than a guy called God with a big white beard looking over us all and you either believing in him or not.

I think people take the concept of religion far too literally.

Really? Should we live a life that demonstrates our appreciation to our creator and try to live a life that is pleasing to him and serves him in order to enjoy our eternal reward or should we ignore all of that and just serve ourselves instead?

I've lived a life of serving myself. I've finally figured out that I need to serve God instead. It's not easy. Old habits are hard to break.

our societies and rules/laws are based on a Christian belief

Incorrect. If that were true, legal abortion would not exist, barring the life of the mother being at great risk.

Fair point actually.

Well it once was true. But society is getting dismantled bit by bit each passing month. It's tragic to see.

I mean fundamentally it was our western basis, but now you've made me think, It's on it's way to being removed from all that. Sadly.

Incorrect. If that were true, legal abortion would not exist, barring the life of the mother being at great risk.

Fair point actually.

Well it once was true. But society is getting dismantled bit by bit each passing month. It's tragic to see.

I mean fundamentally it was our western basis, but now you've made me think, It's on it's way to being removed from all that. Sadly.

The world is a dark place and getting darker. We're getting closer to the time when Jesus returns and ends Satan's reign on this planet. We will all stand in front of Jesus. Will you be able to say that you serve him or did you serve someone or something else?

I ask myself that question all the time because I have a LOT of work to do become a true follower of Christ.

Really? Should we live a life that demonstrates our appreciation to our creator and try to live a life that is pleasing to him and serves him in order to enjoy our eternal reward or should we ignore all of that and just serve ourselves instead?

I've lived a life of serving myself. I've finally figured out that I need to serve God instead. It's not easy. Old habits are hard to break.

You should live whatever life you see fit.

If that means you've found God and want to serve him on earth then great if it gives you satisfaction and fulfilment.

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself either way provided you're a good person who tries to live your life right is all I'm saying.

Fair point actually.

The world is a dark place and getting darker. We're getting closer to the time when Jesus returns and ends Satan's reign on this planet. We will all stand in front of Jesus. Will you be able to say that you serve him or did you serve someone or something else?

I ask myself that question all the time because I have a LOT of work to do become a true follower of Christ.

You sound like you're a lot more emotionally invested in God than me, mate.

Regards myself (as you asked)? - I've no idea tbh. I've not spent my life worshipping God but does that really matter? there's scripture out there that clearly states that belief in him can suffice provided you're not an eternal/consistent sinner.

I'd like to be a better person, sure.

But I'm not an evil person either.

Happy with my odds tbh.

You should live whatever life you see fit.

If that means you've found God and want to serve him on earth then great if it gives you satisfaction and fulfilment.

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself either way provided you're a good person who tries to live your life right is all I'm saying.

Thank you. Life is a gift from God. If and how we live in the hereafter is, I believe, determined on how we live here and now.
Those that follow Jesus will fare well.

Anybody not believing in God and I struggle every second of every day with faith, is headed down a road of "doubting Thomas hell". I try to believe and am thankful for every blessing I recieve, but I know like we all do, when asking, why god me? he answers, why not. I just want to ready and do all I can to get on his good side AND I KNOW HE FORGIVES ME FOR HATING EVIL PEOPLE.

Sorry man, not to knock those with faith but they have faith because the need and want to believe in something. They don’t seek evidence as skeptics because the lack of evidence would only weaken their faith and that’s not what they want to do

Evidence would absolutely suffice for those whiteout faith. It just needs to be real evidence they can trust.
1612084666391.png

Yet you have faith that all your evidence existed more than a nanosecond ago.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Of course you are knocking people with faith, but that is not the worst. As someone without faith you are telling people with faith what they "really" want to avoid. I find it odd that people with no faith are such self-proclaimed experts on those with faith. I think it best for those with no faith to talk about having no faith and leave it to those with faith to talk about having faith. ;)

Evidence has boundaries. It is confined to physical existence because by definition evidence is something that can be measured by five physical senses. Spirit has shed physical boundaries. It is like demanding that someone insist being told the weight of a huge rock in miles per second. A rightful response to such a demand is, "Don't be silly."

Likewise physical measurement/evidence of what is spirit deserves only the response of, "Don't be silly." If one absolutely cannot live or think in terms beyond evidence (that which is physical) then the exploration of things that are spirit or spiritual is not their field of exploration. They are confined to what is physical.

For those with faith no evidence is necessary; for those without it, no evidence will suffice. St. Thomas Aquinas

Is this video ok or I should work on it more?

faith is a means to attain a goal, coulombs fulfilled their faith by discovering land across the sea. faith that is not attainable, the written christian bible becomes no longer a religious value but an unsubstantiated myth and its adherents a cult by not reconstituting their book to reflect an attainable value and the reason for their distorted and nefarious history.

you are looking down in your camera, I would suggest a more level and wider view.

I started the video just to hear what he sounded like. I'm gonna lynch myself.

Forum List

Back