For Those Against Impeachment -- Were You For Clinton's Impeachment?

Did You Support The Clinton Impeachment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Trump tampered with witnesses. These Senate Republicans voted to oust Bill Clinton for doing just that

Times have really changed since the 1990's -- freedom was much more at risk and our democracy was much more at stake -- in fact, the very survival of our existence was on the line during the Whitewater investigation -- that land deal nearly brought down our entire way of life.

To recap what happened, Clinton was impeached by the House of Representatives in December 1998 on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice by trying to cover up an affair most likely in efforts to hide his connections to that shady land deal -- him getting his dick sucked by Monica was the proof needed that Clinton was behind that shady land deal and he knew it. He committed witness tampering by trying to “corruptly influence” the potential testimony of his secretary Betty Currie, and urged Monica Lewinsky to submit a false affidavit in a lawsuit against him. I am also pretty sure he tried to pressure the AG, FBI director and others to end the investigation, probably even tried to fire the special counsel, which basically proves his guilt.

As Senator Grassley so eloquently said back then "It is clear to me that the president committed serious crimes when he coached his secretary, Betty Currie, and when he misled his aides Sidney Blumenthal and John Podesta … These actions weren’t just outrageous and morally wrong. They were also illegal. They were a direct assault on the integrity of the judicial process."

And who can forget the day that Lindsey stood up for the rule of law and just the utter decency of America and said "Nobody because of their position in society has the right to cheat and to get somebody to lie for them, even as the president. That means we’re not a nation of men or kings. We’re a nation of laws, and that’s what this case has always been about to me.."

Now, 20 years later -- do you still think impeaching Clinton for these serious high crimes was the right thing to do? What he did is far worse than Trump because Clinton lied under oath -- Trump was smart enough not to even testify because he knew it would be a perjury trap. He was also smart enough to fully cooperate with the investigation and not be out in public saying many false and misleading statements or directing anyone to lie on his behalf -- and if those people did lie, so what -- it was a witch hunt anyway -- you can't blame Trump for that.

What is Trump's crime? Not cooperating is not obstruction.

They're pissed because he defended himself effectively. Spoiled their illegal plans. They're trying to call his legitimate self defense Obstruction. It's a very common strategy with the Feds.

Jo

There is nothing in which to Impeach Trump. There was plenty to Impeach Bill Clinton. He brought it on himself. Hillary threw an ashtray at him for it.

Yes, 'NOTHING...TO IMPEACH TRUMP...', other than:

Dereliction of Duty
Conspiring with a foreign and hostile power
Campaign Finance violations
Obstruction of Justice
Violations of the Emoluments clause
Violations of the Logan Act.

And we haven't even seen his tax returns...YET!

None of those happened according to the Special Counsel.

Keep deluding yourself, if it makes you feel better.

There is nothing in which to Impeach Trump. There was plenty to Impeach Bill Clinton. He brought it on himself. Hillary threw an ashtray at him for it.

Dereliction of Duty
Obstruction of Justice

Gee, thank you for allowing me to have a viewpoint that may be different from yours. Meanwhile I will avoid being a serf to the Globalist Royalty the Democrats are bringing to the U.S.

Dereliction of Duty
Obstruction of Justice

And yet YOUR party leader is the one and only person stopping justice.

Is Pelosi a Russian spy protecting Trump?

Pelosi is smart enough to know that because of the extraordinary partisanship of Senate Republicans, it will take an extraordinary amount of evidence to have any hope of removing Trump.

Any evidence at all would probably help. :auiqs.jpg:

The Republican Senators are effectively making Trump a dictator...they will probably not be willing to remove him from office almost no matter how many laws he violates or how serious those violations are.

My primary interest is in their successful political castration of the Democratic Party. There is no greater current enemy to the United States. If that is partisan, count me in.

Apparently, your primary interest is the political and economic destruction of the American people while installing a defacto globalist/elitist dictatorship.

You and those like you are the greatest threat to America since the 1814 British invasion.

How was an affair in anyway connected to Whitewater?

I'll wait

When we as a country used to have morals and would want our president to be above it?

A 100% you fuckers lowered the bar and that's why we got stuck with BushJ jr. Obama and now Trump

Trump tampered with witnesses. These Senate Republicans voted to oust Bill Clinton for doing just that

Times have really changed since the 1990's -- freedom was much more at risk and our democracy was much more at stake -- in fact, the very survival of our existence was on the line during the Whitewater investigation -- that land deal nearly brought down our entire way of life.

To recap what happened, Clinton was impeached by the House of Representatives in December 1998 on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice by trying to cover up an affair most likely in efforts to hide his connections to that shady land deal -- him getting his dick sucked by Monica was the proof needed that Clinton was behind that shady land deal and he knew it. He committed witness tampering by trying to “corruptly influence” the potential testimony of his secretary Betty Currie, and urged Monica Lewinsky to submit a false affidavit in a lawsuit against him. I am also pretty sure he tried to pressure the AG, FBI director and others to end the investigation, probably even tried to fire the special counsel, which basically proves his guilt.

As Senator Grassley so eloquently said back then "It is clear to me that the president committed serious crimes when he coached his secretary, Betty Currie, and when he misled his aides Sidney Blumenthal and John Podesta … These actions weren’t just outrageous and morally wrong. They were also illegal. They were a direct assault on the integrity of the judicial process."

And who can forget the day that Lindsey stood up for the rule of law and just the utter decency of America and said "Nobody because of their position in society has the right to cheat and to get somebody to lie for them, even as the president. That means we’re not a nation of men or kings. We’re a nation of laws, and that’s what this case has always been about to me.."

Now, 20 years later -- do you still think impeaching Clinton for these serious high crimes was the right thing to do? What he did is far worse than Trump because Clinton lied under oath -- Trump was smart enough not to even testify because he knew it would be a perjury trap. He was also smart enough to fully cooperate with the investigation and not be out in public saying many false and misleading statements or directing anyone to lie on his behalf -- and if those people did lie, so what -- it was a witch hunt anyway -- you can't blame Trump for that.

I don't want trump impeached. The senate won't vote him guilty no matter what proof and evidence is presented so they whole thing is a waste of time.

Yes trump should be impeached and removed from office. I waited for that report and from what I've read, Mueller didn't exonerate trump at all. The only reason why he didn't indict trump was that stupid policy at the DOJ to not indict. He clearly handed his findings to congress for them to follow the constitution.

We don't need trump to become a martyr.

What we do need is for all if his countless crimes exposed and the people vote him out of office. If there's more interference with the next election and trump is still in the White House in 2021, then I will support impeachment. That man belongs in prison. Not our White House.

trump needs to be totally rejected by the people of our nation. That will require that people vote. It's not enough that you vote, you need to get everyone you know to vote. You need to help people to vote or get registered to vote.

Not voting got us in this mess. Voting will get us out of it.

Mueller did not report his findings to Congress. That is not the law.

Dereliction of Duty
Obstruction of Justice

Pelosi is smart enough to know that because of the extraordinary partisanship of Senate Republicans, it will take an extraordinary amount of evidence to have any hope of removing Trump.

The Republican Senators are effectively making Trump a dictator...they will probably not be willing to remove him from office almost no matter how many laws he violates or how serious those violations are.

My primary interest is in their successful political castration of the Democratic Party. There is no greater current enemy to the United States. If that is partisan, count me in.

Apparently, your primary interest is the political and economic destruction of the American people while installing a defacto globalist/elitist dictatorship.

You and those like you are the greatest threat to America since the 1814 British invasion.

You made me laugh again! Good for you!

If he tampered with witnesses why didn't they charge him with it?

BTW, the claims of witness tampering is purely opinion, not factual. Nevermind the fact that simply discussing options with your lawyer isn't against the law. For that matter, Mueller could call every employee in the Trump Administration as a witness and claim after the fact that he tampered with them. This is what they're trying to do. Accuse him of trying to get people to lie for him. Trump never did this. Bill Clinton did.

Dereliction of Duty
Obstruction of Justice

I don't have to delude myself. Trump is still your president and likely will be for about another 6 years after you Dems screw the pooch time after time. Even if he were to be impeached, you still would have President Pence to deal with!

Yeah...well they had Clinton dead to rights on some pretty heavy shit. They got Bupkis on the blow hard.
What heavy shit? lying about a non-crime?

95% of Trumpers don't even know what the Whitewater investigation was supposed to investigate -- here is a hint -- it wasn't a blowjob

As much as you folks call the mueller investigation a witch-hunt -- it was still an investigation into what he was called to investigate.
Perjury and obstruction of justice...that's not heavy to you? You is a gangsta azzed knee grow then.

Clinton lied under oath. Clearly, a crime with some magnitude.

He lied about something that wasn't a crime.

He also faced consequences for it. He was impeached by the House of Reps. He endured endless investigations into things that weren't even relevant nor should be political like when the republicans investigated his Christmas card list. All the republicans did was non stop investigations until they found that lie about consensual oral sex with an adult woman who wasn't his wife. Then they screamed about it and worried about "the children." Then they turned around and voted for, lied for and supported trump a man who cheated on 3 wives, paid off some of those women to stay silent, who is proud of sexually abusing women and laughed about it then lied about it.

So you people impeached Clinton for much less than what trump has done yet you people have no problem with what trump has done, is doing and will do as president.

As far as I'm concerned, you people have absolutely no creditability and are the biggest hypocrites I've ever encountered in my life.

Trump and his business sue to block congressional subpoena of financial records
By WASHINGTON POST |
PUBLISHED: April 22, 2019 at 7:21 am | UPDATED: April 22, 2019 at 7:24 am

By John Wagner | The Washington Post

President Donald Trump and his business on Monday sued House Oversight Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings, D-Md., in a bid to block a congressional subpoena of his financial records.

ADVERTISING
The lawsuit seeks a court order to prevent Trump’s accounting firm from complying with what his lawyers say is an improper use of subpoena power by congressional Democrats.

“Democrats are using their new control of congressional committees to investigate every aspect of President Trump’s personal finances, businesses, and even his family,” the filing by Trump claims. “Instead of working with the President to pass bipartisan legislation that would actually benefit Americans, House Democrats are singularly obsessed with finding something they can use to damage the President politically.”

The filing, in U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, further escalates a clash between the White House and the Democratic-controlled House over congressional oversight.

Last week, Cummings subpoenaed Mazars USA, an accounting firm long used by Trump.

For more than a decade, Mazars and a predecessor firm signed off on financial statements for Trump that he used when seeking loans. Some of the statements include frequent exaggerations or inaccuracies and were accompanied by a note from the firm saying it was not responsible for the accuracy of the information.

The Oversight Committee on March 20 asked the company for copies of “statements of financial condition” and audits prepared for Trump and several of his companies, including the one that owns the Trump International Hotel in downtown Washington. The panel also requested supporting documents used to produce the reports and communications between the firm and Trump.

The company said last week that it “will respect the legal process and fully comply with its legal obligations.”

He lied about something that wasn't a crime.

He also faced consequences for it. He was impeached by the House of Reps. He endured endless investigations into things that weren't even relevant nor should be political like when the republicans investigated his Christmas card list. All the republicans did was non stop investigations until they found that lie about consensual oral sex with an adult woman who wasn't his wife. Then they screamed about it and worried about "the children." Then they turned around and voted for, lied for and supported trump a man who cheated on 3 wives, paid off some of those women to stay silent, who is proud of sexually abusing women and laughed about it then lied about it.

So you people impeached Clinton for much less than what trump has done yet you people have no problem with what trump has done, is doing and will do as president.

As far as I'm concerned, you people have absolutely no creditability and are the biggest hypocrites I've ever encountered in my life.
He lied in an effort to deny an American citizen Justice.

If you think Sexual Harrassment should be taken seriously you have to support the victims' right to a fair trial.

Dereliction of Duty
Obstruction of Justice

Pelosi is smart enough to know that because of the extraordinary partisanship of Senate Republicans, it will take an extraordinary amount of evidence to have any hope of removing Trump. The Republican Senators are effectively making Trump a dictator...they will probably not be willing to remove him from office almost no matter how many laws he violates or how serious those violations are.

The only way to remove Trump is if the evidence brought before the American people is so strong that it will put the Senate Republicans on trial every bit as much as Trump.

Therefore, the current house investigations should continue until the evidence on many counts are overwhelming.

I have no doubt that time will be within the next several months.
Ah! So the evil Republicans are to blame for Democrats protecting the treasonous Trump!

Why are Democrats terrified to go on record to bring justice? :lmao:

Dereliction of Duty
Obstruction of Justice

Wow. Have to have gone at least 6 years to a university to be that far gone.

Forum List

Back