For the First Time in History a Major US City Averages Over $5/ Gallon

For the first time in history, a U.S. city has hit an average gas price of $5 per gallon. San Francisco $5.06/gal Los Angeles $5.01/gal

As a community organizer once said, you’ll definitely pay more for energy under my plan!
The Left love the poor, doncha know!

Time to stop Biden’s preventing new US oil production.

Yay Poopeypants!

For the first time in history, a U.S. city has hit an average gas price of $5 per gallon. San Francisco $5.06/gal Los Angeles $5.01/gal

As a community organizer once said, you’ll definitely pay more for energy under my plan!

It's nice to have a hybrid as the daily driver right now. Use it to commute to work. Averaging a 1-2 gallons of gas a week in it.

Bummer about those huge, useless pickup trucks everyone bought these last few years. Watch the prices on those fall off a cliff in the next few months.

And sell your Ford stock right now.

1646337486007.png

The US exports over 8MMb/day. Over ten times what we import from Russia daily.

Why do you think that is? Why aren't we just "using that American oil"?

Easy answer: BECAUSE OUR OIL INDUSTRY IS NOT NATIONALIZED

When are people going to get this through their skulls? Those are private companies selling to the highest bidder in a global market.

So, unless we plan a partial government takeover of these private companies to force them to sell to other private, American companies at a discount, that sign and the ideas in it are worthless folly.

It's nice to have a hybrid as the daily driver right now. Use it to commute to work. Averaging a 1-2 gallons of gas a week in it.

Bummer about those huge, useless pickup trucks everyone bought these last few years. Watch the prices on those fall off a cliff in the next few months.

You do realize that 85% or so of all our goods are delivered by trucks, right? They pay more for gas and we pay more for goods. Hence we have inflation.

The US exports over 8MMb/day. Over ten times what we import from Russia daily.

Why do you think that is? Why aren't we just "using that American oil"?

Easy answer: BECAUSE OUR OIL INDUSTRY IS NOT NATIONALIZED

When are people going to get this through their skulls? Those are private companies selling g to the highest bidder.

So, unless we plan a partial government takeover of these companies to force them to sell to other American companies at a discount, that sign and the ideas in it are worthless folly.
So drill more so you can both export a lot and keep a lot. Pretty simple.

1646337849156.png

Tell me, when I run out of gas I take my 1 gallon tank to the gas station. What do you do, have a 2 mile extension cord?
1646337851294.jpeg

Oh look, more EV fuel arriving!
1646337936826.jpeg

There is just very little we can do about gas prices. Like, next to nothing.

It would be nice to use laws to reign in the speculators that help exacerbate the extremes of oil prices. But we would only be in control of our domestic trading. Not global. So that would do nothing but put us at a disadvantage and make us slaves to foreign speculators even more than we are now.

We can open up more drilling, but that doesn't do what, apparently, people think it does. First, the producers are not producing to 100% capacity now anyway. They aren't going to pull more oil out of the ground, just because they have two spots to drill instead of one. Second, those are long term projects that could not affect supply for many years anyway.

Obviously the long term solution is to use less oil and gas.

Forum List

Back