Food commodity prices coming down over the summer

I made no comment at all about the Biden economy.

Please find where I mentioned Biden.

Please find where my source mentioned Biden
I misinterpreted you again. What is the lesson/point of your claim about "good news" and some not liking it?

My thread is about commodity prices, do at least try and keep up with the topic of a thread just once.

You said "food commodity." How is it "good news," then if food prices won't be going down?

Last edited:
I misinterpreted you again. What is the lesson/point of your claim about "good news" and some not liking it?

You said "food commodity." How is it "good news," then if food prices won't be going down?

That some people cannot see things though any lenses but the political one.

Food prices will follow the cost of food commodity prices. They are connected of course.

It sure is for corn, wheat and soybeans..........and pretty much everything else grown.

Really now?

How odd that there is so little harvesting going on that the USDA Crop Progress report is not even reporting it yet for Corn or Soybeans.

Golfing Gator, can you keep us posted on how much food prices go down in spite of that? Take some pictures on the bread isle, for example, of prices today and prices next Friday.
My thread is about commodity prices, do at least try and keep up with the topic of a thread just once.
Food prices will follow the cost of food commodity prices. They are connected of course.
*SIGH*

Then, can you keep us posted on how much food prices go down since they are connected to commodity prices? Take some pictures on the bread isle, for example, of prices today and prices whenever they drop?

*SIGH*

Then, can you keep us posted on how much food prices go down since they are connected to commodity prices? Take some pictures on the bread isle, for example, of prices today and prices whenever they drop?

I do not track food prices, not my field. Commodity prices very much so.

Also, food prices are local, what you pay and what I pay are likely not the same.

That cannot be said of commodities.

It sure is for corn, wheat and soybeans..........and pretty much everything else grown.

In 2021 just 8% of corn was harvested by 20 Sept and only 5% of soybeans.

You want to tell me again how summer is the time of harvest for Corn and Soy in the US?

I will be happy to wait

For the past year, Republicans have been planning on running on high gas prices and inflation

Now they have to run on their record which is banning abortion, opposing infrastructure, fighting environmental and labor laws.
They can still run on high gas prices and inflation. Simply point out the difference between when Corn Pop took office and now. Corn Pop thinks that easing things up just a little will send the minions into paroxysms of joy and we see them doing it.

I do not track food prices, not my field. Commodity prices very much so.

Also, food prices are local, what you pay and what I pay are likely not the same.

That cannot be said of commodities.
Then I'm not seeing the "good news" that I'm supposed to hate. I don't have a lot of stock in Mrs. Bairds, or Birdseye, or Nabisco, that I know of. That's who the good news is for if food commodity prices go down, but food prices keep going up.

And right now... wheat prices are actually up 1.73% from last Friday
The article is using data at least a week old, and is obviously cherry picking.
Since July, wheat is up slightly - 1.05%
It is indeed down from where it was in May... but May was the highest recorded wheat price in history.
So to say "look how awesome wheat is down!!!" - is disingenuous.

They can still run on high gas prices and inflation. Simply point out the difference between when Corn Pop took office and now. Corn Pop thinks that easing things up just a little will send the minions into paroxysms of joy and we see them doing it.
We're not far from the Ministry of Plenty telling us that the doubleplusgood news is that bread prices are being reduced to five dollars and fifty cents a loaf and then it being our duty to unremember that last week bread was four dollars and ninety cents a loaf.

Then I'm not seeing the "good news" that I'm supposed to hate. I don't have a lot of stock in Mrs. Bairds, or Birdseye, or Nabisco, that I know of. That's who the good news is for if food commodity prices go down, but food prices keep going up.

Of course you are not, you need everything to be bad so you beloved party can get a few more votes in Nov.

Also, you lack the basic intelligence to understand that as commodity prices come down, the food prices will follow.

But hey, you do you!

Of course you are not, you need everything to be bad so you beloved party can get a few more votes in Nov.

Also, you lack the basic intelligence to understand that as commodity prices come down, the food prices will follow.

But hey, you do you!
That's why I asked you to back up your claim with actual reports of food prices going down.

If you can't or won't, just say so.

For the past year, Republicans have been planning on running on high gas prices and inflation

Now they have to run on their record which is banning abortion, opposing infrastructure, fighting environmental and labor laws.

Gas is still nearly double what it was when Silver Alert took office. Food prices are still up 30%+ from January 2021. People receiving massively inflated energy bills are still blaming your boy (rightfully so).

That's why I asked you to back up your claim with actual reports of food prices going down.

If you can't or won't, just say so.

Please link to the post where I claimed anything about food prices. You remind me of the people that claimed oil prices could not have gone down as gas prices had not changed yet.

No
It is still up $.75 a gallon over this month last year.
So filling up your gas tank is going to cost you between $9.50 to $14 more than last year.
Russia did not attack Ukraine a year ago
It is a different world

Gas has still dropped $1.35 from its high at the beginning of summer

Let’s the air out of the Republican plans for November

You must be pulling my leg, right? If so, kudos, you had me going!

If not:

I won't link it since it is this same page. Just click on the little arrow and it will take you to it.

Patience grasshopper

Russia did not attack Ukraine a year ago
It is a different world

Gas has still dropped $1.35 from its high at the beginning of summer

Let’s the air out of the Republican plans for November
Not at all, the ads create themselves. A simple side-by-side showing prices from when Corn Pop took office and now. Pictures showing shelves full of food and empty ones. You can crow about modest (some would say miniscule) reductions in prices, but it was only two years ago that they were much lower. Corn Pop and his posse (bad name for a rock band) have been in control for two years, it's on them.

Forum List

Back