1 in 6 Face Power Shut Off…

Vastator

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2014
Yet more signs of the booming economy…

about 1 in 6 American homes—that have fallen behind on their utility bills. It is, according to the National Energy Assistance Directors Association (Neada), the worst crisis the group has ever documented. Underpinning those numbers is a blistering surge in electricity prices, propelled by the soaring cost of natural gas.

A6A5C596-63DB-4BC5-B157-C204579EF20E.jpeg

Yet more signs of the booming economy…

about 1 in 6 American homes—that have fallen behind on their utility bills. It is, according to the National Energy Assistance Directors Association (Neada), the worst crisis the group has ever documented. Underpinning those numbers is a blistering surge in electricity prices, propelled by the soaring cost of natural gas.
God help us!!

We need to bail out those college grads at Harvard by paying off their student loans!!

The landscape could look very interesting going forward, if even half of these folks lose their power. Fortunately for them, we are creeping into the mild autumn weather. But winter is coming. And if these folks don’t find a way to unfuck themselves; they, and their communities could be facing some serious problems…

The landscape could look very interesting going forward, if even half of these folks lose their power. Fortunately for them, we are creeping into the mild autumn weather. But winter is coming. And if these folks don’t find a way to unfuck themselves; they, and their communities could be facing some serious problems…
d0677fe6ad55c0845368506a7e7b2be7.jpg

Living without public utilities is very doable. While not the norm for most of us; humans lived without them for most of humanities existence. But a problem I see spinning off from this issue… Is that even renters who are savvy, and can navigate the work arounds, will likely get evicted for not maintaining public utilities. You see this often with apartment dwellers. So for a lot of these folks this is a double threat…

All of these big corporate lib run company's are going to be very sorry they laid into Trump and helped get him out of office when they figure out no one can afford what they are selling....

Just wait until the weather turns in the fall....
Fall is nearly here. Some of the trees here are already changing color, and dropping leaves. With the moderate weather fall brings, many on the cusp will likely be able to throttle back on their power usage, and maybe get squared away before they need to start using the heat.

People!!!.... you are being ungrateful!!!

We can't afford to help these people with $billions going to enrich a puppet leader... er I mean.. fund a proxy war.
And we are going to bailout millions of kids student loans... who didn't have any problem paying the loan.
But we are going to pay them off anyway.

C'mon!! - we have no time for real people

AND
Next to hit us are food shortages... we are already seeing it....
And it will get significantly worse in the year ahead. The majority of grains we consume now, were produced last year. And this year's production of said grains is way down due to a number of problems like drought, and fertilizer shortages.

Living without public utilities is very doable. While not the norm for most of us; humans lived without them for most of humanities existence. But a problem I see spinning off from this issue… Is that even renters who are savvy, and can navigate the work arounds, will likely get evicted for not maintaining public utilities. You see this often with apartment dwellers. So for a lot of these folks this is a double threat…
I did it for three months out of the year for a few years as a young man but city dwellers don't have a woodstove and a forest to avail themselves of.

I used 1800s style gas (propane) for cooking/lighting but I doubt half of them can afford to fill-up a 200# bottle right now.

I just used a old Dietz oil lantern to go to the outhouse.....It served. ;)

I did it for three months out of the year for a few years as a young man but city dwellers don't have a woodstove and a forest to avail themselves of.

I used 1800s style gas (propane) for cooking/lighting but I doubt half of them can afford to fill-up a 200# bottle right now.

I just used a old Dietz oil lantern to go to the outhouse.....It served. ;)
The rural folks around the country will likely just soldier on if they own their land. But if they are renters, or worse apartment dwellers they may be well, and truly fucked.

This is common knowledge and has been discussed at length pretty much all year. But here ya go. Just for you who might have just pulled your head out of the sand...

There is figurative tons of info on this. Do some research if your interested..

Forum List

Back